Quarterback Play Martinez < Crouch

My concern with 3 more years of a 1 dimensional TMart is that defenses will scheme to shut down the run, and it is evident TMart is not and will not be a passing quarterback. I fear we are dooming ourselves to 3 years of a game like we saw tonight. A defensive struggle! Sure we can beat Kansas and Kansas St. and Iowa State. But we have lost to the 2 real teams we have played.

The Big 10 specializes in the run game and stopping the run, I just don't see this offensive scheme having much success. We need to recruit a passing quarterback and bring in an offensive coordinator who knows how to draw up a passing game. The future to me os filled with potential frustration and I hope Pelini can stop screaming and people long enough to think some things through.

I don't think it's evident at all that Taylor is not and will not be a passing quarterback. He has a long way to go, but he also came much further along than I thought he would, and when he is healthy, we have seen the offense used creatively to allow him to overcome his technical deficiencies and light up defenses through the air. That's results.

Tonight, Taylor actually started off looking pretty good throwing the ball. He had a nice throw to Reed on a crossing pattern in which he lead him perfectly. But then he threw some clunkers. A pass behind Paul on a slant, for one. The interception.

I don't know how you can say a single bad thing about Taylor though after this game, because that guy toughed it out for the team on a bum ankle that got worse after the absolute THRASHING it got from Caputo's foot. That hit was painful to watch, and they showed it again and again and again.

The thing about Taylor's passing is, arm mechanics aside, his footwork has always needed a lot of work. With the bum ankle, it was just about nonexistant.

My concern with 3 more years of a 1 dimensional TMart is that defenses will scheme to shut down the run, and it is evident TMart is not and will not be a passing quarterback. I fear we are dooming ourselves to 3 years of a game like we saw tonight. A defensive struggle! Sure we can beat Kansas and Kansas St. and Iowa State. But we have lost to the 2 real teams we have played.

The Big 10 specializes in the run game and stopping the run, I just don't see this offensive scheme having much success. We need to recruit a passing quarterback and bring in an offensive coordinator who knows how to draw up a passing game. The future to me os filled with potential frustration and I hope Pelini can stop screaming and people long enough to think some things through.

I have three honest questions for you

1) Did you WATCH the Oklahoma St. game

2) Have you heard of Denard Robinson and Joseph Clay

3) Would you be opposed to a huskerboard rule not allowing to start new threads with under 20 posts.

WHAT?!??!??!?

Folks, this guy is a troll, don't give him the time of day.

When TayMart could run the passing was more effective. Part of that is that they had to respect his running-ability so much that it opens-up the passing-game. But part of it is that he's throwing off a crappy ankle, his footwork and planting is off. Saying he'll never be a passer is way premature. He was out there today because Lee isn't healthy and Green isn't very good.

Ok, first of all, troll.

Second, your smoking some bad granola if you think Taylor won't be a passing QB, he has thrown for over 1,300 yards and you must not have watched him pick apart the Okie State secondary. By the way, we have an OC that draws up a passing game.

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.