T-Mart

So is he like Frazier and Crouch, or like Dukes and Beck?

I remember a lot of people thinking Frazier was arrogant too when he played for us. As long as he wants to win games and the teammates respect him for that, I could really care less.

Yep, that was my point, all 4 of those guys could easily be viewed as arrogant, or prima donnas, or not being team players. Two of them are among the very best we've ever had here. The other two are footnotes in Husker history. That may actually be a bit unfair to Beck, he seemed like a team guy and burned his redshirt late in his first year for the team (very much unlike Dukes) and only bolted when things weren't going well for him the next year.

I would like to see Rex Burkhead given a shot a qb. When they play the Rexcat I've just been waiting for him to throw a pass. Could be cool-he could BE another Joey Ganz.

I believe T-Mart to be a prima donna who will not last here at NU. In fact it would not surprize we to see him leave after the season. Green will never have a significant role and the next possible QB is coming from TX. We are out of luck for QB's right now we need a guy like Ganz not a pretty boy!

I don't see him graduating from the University.......remember he went to three high schools in four years (not sure of that stat) in cali. He is not the best when adversity strikes.

I think that's a pretty unfair call to be making now...

+1

I've worked at three different job opportunities in the past four years ... I guess everyone should know what kind of character I have as well.

:facepalm:

SheepdogMark

I don't see him graduating from the University.......remember he went to three high schools in four years (not sure of that stat) in cali. He is not the best when adversity strikes.

Actually, his family had a lot of adversity in those years and he stepped up to help his dad.

My link

This article is a pretty good piece that offers some insight into the kid. Excerpt:

Martinez was just 13 when his parents divorced at the end of 2003. His father, Casey, took the split so hard that he slipped into depression. Almost broke, he was in the midst of a career change from teacher to real estate investor.

Casey Martinez and his three sons moved out of a two-story lakefront house in a gated community in Canyon Lake, Calif., and into a tiny 600-square-foot house with a rock front yard in working-class Perris, Calif.

It was so cramped that they slept two to a bed. The house’s only decorations were the boys’ homework and artwork as well as an inspirational message — “Dreams come true when you work hard and pray” — that Casey had written and taped to the door of Taylor’s bedroom.

“We were at rock bottom,” Casey Martinez recalls.

Taylor, the oldest son, kept his father going. He scoured the telephone book and made cold calls to help his father find properties to buy. He cleaned the floors with a hand sweeper because they couldn’t afford a vacuum. He took care of his brothers, then 8 and 9, and reminded his father to pick them up from school.

Waste of a thread.

Martinez was doing what he needs to do as this team's field general––he tried to get his team back. Bo was screeching at everyone and for everything. How could you possibly know what the reason was unless you were standing there? Even if he is a prima donna, he's the most electric player on the team when he's healthy, and the most confident QB we have.

But with the way things went last night, I don't think you can blame anyone at Nebraska for what happened. It was an assassination by a zebra crew, probably compliments of Dan Beebe. Taylor was the least of our problems.

• Fire 1

Actually, his family had a lot of adversity in those years and he stepped up to help his dad.

My link

This article is a pretty good piece that offers some insight into the kid. Excerpt:

Martinez was just 13 when his parents divorced at the end of 2003. His father, Casey, took the split so hard that he slipped into depression. Almost broke, he was in the midst of a career change from teacher to real estate investor.

Casey Martinez and his three sons moved out of a two-story lakefront house in a gated community in Canyon Lake, Calif., and into a tiny 600-square-foot house with a rock front yard in working-class Perris, Calif.

It was so cramped that they slept two to a bed. The house’s only decorations were the boys’ homework and artwork as well as an inspirational message — “Dreams come true when you work hard and pray” — that Casey had written and taped to the door of Taylor’s bedroom.

“We were at rock bottom,” Casey Martinez recalls.

Taylor, the oldest son, kept his father going. He scoured the telephone book and made cold calls to help his father find properties to buy. He cleaned the floors with a hand sweeper because they couldn’t afford a vacuum. He took care of his brothers, then 8 and 9, and reminded his father to pick them up from school.

Oh your just making this up. Martinez should be stripped of his scholarship. He's such a prima donna. ;)

Good post to this troll.

SheepdogMark

So is he like Frazier and Crouch, or like Dukes and Beck?

I remember a lot of people thinking Frazier was arrogant too when he played for us. As long as he wants to win games and the teammates respect him for that, I could really care less.

The only difference between Frazier & Tmart is that Frazier had superb cfb Olines and a world class OC.

Waste of a thread.

Martinez was doing what he needs to do as this team's field general––he tried to get his team back. Bo was screeching at everyone and for everything. How could you possibly know what the reason was unless you were standing there? Even if he is a prima donna, he's the most electric player on the team when he's healthy, and the most confident QB we have.

But with the way things went last night, I don't think you can blame anyone at Nebraska for what happened. It was an assassination by a zebra crew, probably compliments of Dan Beebe. Taylor was the least of our problems.

Yea, this was a complete waste of time to look at.

Without knowing all the facts, it's inappropriate to make this judgement. Taylor has done everything he possibly could to lead this team. A freshman starting at QB will generally lose 1-2 games a season on their own, but I think he has played pretty remarkably given all that has happened. If he doesn't get hurt early, I think the game turns out much different. You could tell he was starting to feel it and was about to work some magic. I hope he gets better, doesn't get discouraged and continues to bring it.

• Fire 1

uhhh a lot of that was family related, part of that was so he could get his brothers to school and I believed they moved too

read this and it might change your mind

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/nebraska-quarterback-taylor-martinez-has-magic-touch-101510