Potentially Awful News Per RSS

There is a rumor going around, and I don't know how respected the poster is, that T-Mart has quit the team. I do know for sure that the reason he was being chewed out was because he was texting his dad in the locker room while the trainers were trying to work on him.

Could have been a parental choice.

After reading how close Taylor and his dad are, I hate how plausible this sounds. Hypothetically, if that was my son I saw getting dressed down like that on national TV and I knew it was for getting in touch to let me know that he was not seriously injured, I would be furious.

There may not be anything to the rumor about Taylor quitting, but if that truly is the reason that Bo was letting him have it, that's not good. I hope that's not true.

BS there is no way he would quit on his team

I wouldn't put it past him. As much as I love his production, he has a selfish attitude and has already nearly quit once this summer. He doesn't have many friends on the team so I could definitely see him quitting. I hope he doesn't but it would be nice for somebody with the attitude of Cody or Zac to be the starter. Unfortunately the best player has to be the one with the poor attitude.

Can we even see the original rumor??? Right now this is a rumor about a rumor.

It's a fact about a rumor. If you have a rivals account then yes you can see the original rumor. If you don't want me to provide my information then so be it I'll stop.

I wasn't meaning it as a personal attack. What I am pointing out, is that you mentioned a rumor. You didn't say where it was, who it was, or how you heard it. I'm glad to have the info, but you really didn't provide much in the first post. Could you quote the rumor for those who don't have rivals accounts? Or a link for those who do?

It's a fact about a rumor. If you have a rivals account then yes you can see the original rumor. If you don't want me to provide my information then so be it I'll stop.

Actually, I do appreciate you bringing your info over. It's not your fault that the internet is full of conspiracy theorists who wear tinfoil hats.

Personally, I enjoyed thinking about this for the last few minutes. I presume that the rumor is false, and therefore I'm able to realize that things could be much worse (without having to think about "The Coach Who Must Not be Named").

if it was my kid and was playing for some big time school and was getting yelled at on TV while i'd be pissed i wouldnt demand that my son leave the program... i dont think its like bo is stuffing kids in the tool shed or anything..... like i said i dont think its true but if it was... then that says a lot of TM and his dad.......

The Bo everyone on this board is thinking about right now is the one we saw on TV last night, berating Taylor and Cotton and the officials.

However, that's not the only Bo that exists. Last night you also saw a Bo who after the game chose to protect his kids from the media, and allowed them their privacy. They all went back to the locker room together, they got on a plane together, and they flew back to Lincoln together.

I have to think that this is still a tight team. I have to think they're hurting right now, and that they're angry, and rightfully so, but I doubt that there is as much (if any) division within the team as there is within the fan base right now.

We lost by a second to Texas in the Big 12 championship game (which was followed by a meltdown). We lost by 2 points and 8 turnovers to Iowa State, and we lost a point to Virginia Tech on a busted coverage. In all of those games were there scapegoats, and there were clips of Bo being angry or tossing his headset or whatever. And from each one of those losses we came back a stronger team.

I don't see why it won't happen again. I think our fan base is overreacting to this loss a little bit overall, and this rumor is an example. At least, I hope so.

I also think the national media is under-reacting to the officiating that went on last night, but whatever. They're not journalists, they're entertainers.

• Fire 4

The Bo everyone on this board is thinking about right now is the one we saw on TV last night, berating Taylor and Cotton and the officials.

However, that's not the only Bo that exists. Last night you also saw a Bo who after the game chose to protect his kids from the media, and allowed them their privacy. They all went back to the locker room together, they got on a plane together, and they flew back to Lincoln together.

I have to think that this is still a tight team. I have to think they're hurting right now, and that they're angry, and rightfully so, but I doubt that there is as much (if any) division within the team as there is within the fan base right now.

We lost by a second to Texas in the Big 12 championship game (which was followed by a meltdown). We lost by 2 points and 8 turnovers to Iowa State, and we lost a point to Virginia Tech on a busted coverage. In all of those games were there scapegoats, and there were clips of Bo being angry or tossing his headset or whatever. And from each one of those losses we came back a stronger team.

I don't see why it won't happen again. I think our fan base is overreacting to this loss a little bit overall, and this rumor is an example. At least, I hope so.

I also think the national media is under-reacting to the officiating that went on last night, but whatever. They're not journalists, they're entertainers.

Damn. Nice post.

I wasn't meaning it as a personal attack. What I am pointing out, is that you mentioned a rumor. You didn't say where it was, who it was, or how you heard it. I'm glad to have the info, but you really didn't provide much in the first post. Could you quote the rumor for those who don't have rivals accounts? Or a link for those who do?

"Rumor: T-Magic quit

That's what I'm hearing from some friends close to the team, haven't gotten a chance to ask the players themselves. Wouldn't surprise me since he quit once and got his a$$ chewed last night.

For the record, he got his a$$ chewed because he was texting in the locker room."

That's what it says on The Main Board at rivals.com

• Fire 1
“If you f'ing call your dad on the f'ing field during a game again it’ll be the last f'ing thing you ever do. Now get your f'ing ass [out/down/out of?] here mother fu&*#r.”

Note that Bo also popped back for a few more words right after the first berating (and right before ABC showed the replay) at the 8:03 mark. We couldn’t see what Bo said that time, but we did clearly see what Taylor muttered in Bo’s general direction after he walked away:

“f'ing bitch.”

Quoted from the "Bo yelling at Taylor" thread.

If that's accurate and it's accurate that Taylor texted an injury updated to his dad at halftime then I'm sorry guys but Bo crossed the line. Or rather, ran across the line screaming. Doesn't matter if it was wrong for Taylor to be texting in the locker room, you just can't do that to a kid. It's become a pattern with offensive players being ripped a new one (Legate, Cotton, Taylor). Ask Mangino and Leach what happens when the players and administration turn against you. Doesn't matter how good of a coach you are, how many wins, what you've done for the program...you're done. And if Taylor quit the season is done too, we won't even beat CU with Green and a demoralized team.

All speculation of course but I'm worried about what's going on here.