Potentially Awful News Per RSS

This is awful news, but im surprised how quickly some posters would turn on their starting quarterback. taylor's done a lot this year, and has shown a lot of improvement. I still stick by what i said at the beginning of the year and that's that he is simply shy and awkward, and not selfish. He may have wanted to quit the team in the offseason because he wasn't getting looked at very seriously until after the spring game at QB. His primary reason for committing here was because we told him we'd take a look at him at QB, so that at least makes sense to me. I still trust that he loves Nebraska, and that there is nothing more to this, and most of these posters have said the same thing for most of the season.

“If you f'ing call your dad on the f'ing field during a game again it’ll be the last f'ing thing you ever do. Now get your f'ing ass [out/down/out of?] here mother fu&*#r.”

Note that Bo also popped back for a few more words right after the first berating (and right before ABC showed the replay) at the 8:03 mark. We couldn’t see what Bo said that time, but we did clearly see what Taylor muttered in Bo’s general direction after he walked away:

“f'ing bitch.”

Quoted from the "Bo yelling at Taylor" thread.

If that's accurate and it's accurate that Taylor texted an injury updated to his dad at halftime then I'm sorry guys but Bo crossed the line. Or rather, ran across the line screaming. Doesn't matter if it was wrong for Taylor to be texting in the locker room, you just can't do that to a kid. It's become a pattern with offensive players being ripped a new one (Legate, Cotton, Taylor). Ask Mangino and Leach what happens when the players and administration turn against you. Doesn't matter how good of a coach you are, how many wins, what you've done for the program...you're done. And if Taylor quit the season is done too, we won't even beat CU with Green and a demoralized team.

All speculation of course but I'm worried about what's going on here.

If this is true, I have to wonder... Where does he keep his cell phone?? I mean, those things don't have pockets, right? I don't see him toting a man-purse.

Just trying to lighten the mood. :)

• Fire 3

^ Cotton, too.

Honestly I think we will pull through no matter what happens. Got to have faith in Bo, which I do. The panic button on our HC is being hit far too quickly...I'm surprised. I've always had more criticisms (on certain points) of Bo than most here, but I'm just going to shut up this week because right now I figure he needs a lot more defending than nitpicking. I am amazed at how quickly he's gone from walking on water to being seen as out of control all the time. He's not a different man than last week and this is an example of how the media can really blow things up. I just hope it doesn't get to bizarro levels (aka Mike Leach).