A Win is a Win?

polo_check

don't get me wrong, i too am greatfull, but here is the reality:

1) the defense will not continue to win all the ball games, we are going to play better teams starting next week

2) Zac and the receivers are not going to get much better the rest of the year

3) the O line sucks, there is no talent there and no one seems concerned about recruiting any.....i am concerned

4) Grixby will continue to make great plays, but will get his ass burned more often than not

5) Cally will need several more years of good recruiting to get the O on track

although some question the coaches (me included) it now appears we are short some quality players......

hunter

I still cannot fault Zac Taylor after this game. If you a big component of stats, then yes, I'm sure you will put the burden on his shoulders. Or even if you look at how he holds onto the ball, you will put fault on him.

But may I ask you how many times our WR's got seperation from DB's to give Zac that inch of daylight to throw the ball into? I saw maybe twice all game. Once he overthrew Nunn on a post pattern thanks to a nice bump from the CB, the other he delivered the ball late to Hardy.

All I saw from the WR's is patterns being cut off, WR and TE's both taking forever to get in and out of their breaks, continuely looking back for the ball instead of running their pattern. Get in/out of your break then find the ball, it's very simple.

The WR's and TE's in this offense are HORRID and Zac is taking so much blame it isn't even funny. These WR's have not made much transition and the offense is failing miserably thanks to their ineptitude.

The O is starting to improve. But is is evident that we lack a big play receiver downfield. (or 2 or 3). O line played a lot better on the run, gave up a few sacks on the qb. Penaltes killed us in the end.

Gotta throw it to do it.

Thank God Callahan is in a Republican state. Once he settled down on some very impressive play-calling, he switched to the most vanilla, conservative, play-calling I've ever seen.

Thanks to all in lower section 26 who put up with me yelling and screaming, pumping arms, screaming some more EVEN before the T.O. was over...I had NO idea my buddies' section could rise to the challenge....everyone got rabid...

This was the ONLY good thing about a close game. The fans around me just wanted it...and that was AWESOME :steam:thumbs:clap:clap

got screwed on the regional coverage again.......... was some of that lack of offense from penalties, i saw like 39 yards offense in the third half, penalties, pitt running the ball effectivly or what? i hope the offense is getting better, but by the stats it didnt look like it. i saw the last couple minutes after they switch over to it and it looked like they could run it pretty well out of the I, but its kinda late in the game so maybe the defense was just tired, just wondering what the strory was more than anything.

The cakewalk part of the schedule is over with. Let's not worry about OU being 1-2 after three games. We'd probably be 0-3 if we played their schedule.  Time to look at someone other than Taylor and his passes at everyone shoetops to move this offense.

Hmm ... I'm afraid I don't agree. Taylor and Ross are the only players on the offensive side of the field who seem to be pulling their weight. The O-line, though improving as the year progresses, still have a long way to go before we go against some of the bigger named opponents. Taylor's passes were primarily on target today, and let's remember the not too distant past when we had Lord, or God forbid, Dailey <Shudder>. I'll take Taylor any day. Especially when his creativity and quick thinking is the only reason why we posted the 7 points we managed today. At least he is thinking out there, something we haven't seen in that position for a long time.

Cody did play. He actually got quite a few carries. I think our O line played a little better today, and were alot more physical in the run. Murtha played well when he got in. Fricken penalties killed us all game. We would rattle off a five yard run, get a ten yard penalty the next play, and then our receivers couldnt break free of their aggresive man coverage on third and long. Way to many mental mistakes this far into the season. Gotta believe that Herian is coming back, because our tight ends are not only untalented, but dumb as well. How many times are they going to line up covered and than motion incorrectly, or line up incorrectly. Morons.

i meant let Cody carry the ball more than 4 times a game........as far as Herian, i guess you missed Cally's comment that he is in too much pain just running to play.

i think he is done, i just don't think the leg will ever let him play again.....at this point our only hope is next year and recruiting some guys who can block and catch the ball.......and by then Beck should have a command of the offense...so be patient folks, cause it is gonna be a long season.......but hoping for the best!

hunter