Why all the Boise St. Hate?

SoCalhusker88

For me personally, it's a little frustrating to see my teams have to grind through a tough schedule while Boise State seems to take the shortcut to the top of the rankings by smothering some pathetic teams. I mean, when USC hangs half a hundred on San Jose State, USC fans go, "Yeah we looked good against SJSU, but what about ___________ . . . ." When Boise State does it, that's a big conference win.

The response to the above is, "Boise tries to schedule big-time programs, but they won't commit. Don't punish Boise because other schools won't play them." But considering there are only two spots available in the MNC game, you could take this one step further and ask, Why punish Auburn/Oregon/schools that do play a tough schedule because other schools won't schedule Boise and therefore Boise plays a soft schedule? It's certainly not Oregon's fault that Boise can't play anyone good. So if I have to choose between an undefeated Oregon and an undefeated Boise, I am going to pick Oregon every time.

I take some glee in seeing Boise lose because I get tired of jackholes like Pat Forde telling us how Boise is perfect. Yeah? Well they couldn't even get through their WAC schedule unscathed, let alone an AQ schedule. Bus.

I feel like Nevada is a good team the absolutely killed Cal who gave Oregon their toughest game....not to mention they should have won if their kicker doesnt self distruct

Agreed, but Boise deserves blame for letting Nevada hang around too long. How they let Nevada back in that game is beyond me. Regarding Cal, the transitive property does not work in college football. I mean, USC absolutely destroyed Cal and got steamrolled by Oregon. We (NU) killed K State who beat Texas, yet we lost to Texas, etc.

I have no personal vendetta against the WAC & MWC because they both possess some good teams that can beat any AQ team on a given Saturday. Having said that, we can also apply the transitive theory to Nevada since they lost to Hawaii, yet Colorado blew Hawaii out and so on, so forth. Point is, any team can be beaten anytime, anywhere. That's why college football is fun to watch.

boise/tcu in big east or acc = 6-6 at best

That is just ridiculous. Boise did beat the top team in the ACC and the BE is a joke. They wouldn't have more than one loss in the BE and two in the ACC.

Folks are overreacting. Boise was on the road against a top25 team and their kicker totally choked away the W, big whoop.

THANK YOU NEVADA

Now ESPN's man crush on Boise State will come to an end.

All the more time to talk about TCU now... :facepalm:

Actually the media narrative I've grown the most tired of these season is Bama. Beginning of the season it was Bama repeating with a squad that was better than last years. Then it was how can Bama get back into the title hunt with a loss over TCU and Boise. Then it was Bama derailing Auburn in the Iron Bowl.

With all these retarded narratives I think the team that got screwed the most was Sparty. Every step of the way in this season the media has been acting like they don't deserve to be 10-1 and have barely talked about their players.

Yes, I think Boise beats Oklahoma a few, several years ago and suddenly they find themselves regularly ranked in the top 10/5. Umm, not so much. I guess you can blame the stupid BCS and the polls for that though, not Boise themselves. I love under dogs but not one's that are automatically ranked very high but consistently play non quality schedules. No hate for them but I am glad they lost. lol

I think all the constant preseason posturing got old, but it worked. They bitched and moaned constantly about not getting the respect they "deserved", and this year it worked for them. They started high enough in the preseason polls that as teams got knocked off, they continued to climb towards the top. But they couldn't take care of business in their own mediocre conference. I don't know how many watched the end of that game last night, but neitehr team looked anything like an elite team.

Way to go Nevada.

And lastly, if you want to be a premier program, you don't demand a million dollars to play someone.

Simple really. ESPN that's all, I can evaluate a team on my own, I don't need a sales pitch every 60secs. They having been shoving Boise St. down our throats like the are "World Cup Soccer". Last thing I need to see is a bunch of quotes from WAC head coaches saying the are the BEST team ever. Really??? Then undefeated season in the WAC should be a simple task.