True Grit

Are you a fan of the Cohen brothers? Their movies are pretty distinct, not for everyone.

Yes I am, my favorites from them are No Country for Old Men, Fargo, and O Brother, Where Art Thou.

So knowing a lot of people don't like my 1st choice, I gotta say that True Grit really bored the hell out of me and again I recommend either download it, or watch it at the $1 theater or Red Box it. (yes I know I have way to many "its".

Edited by okaive

Not into the remakes either. Whats with all this crap, nobody has a creative mind anymore. Being they used Jeff Bridges it's a must watch.

Agree with the remakes. The one I won't even watch because they just chopped it all to hell and just used the title was Walking Tall. They even claimed it was based off a true story. The only thing that was true in it was that he did use a big stick, other then that, everything was false.

I love the Coen Brother movies.

BEST

Fargo - Awesome. One of my all-time favorites. Great dark comedy....Great heroine.

Big Lewboski - The dude. Takes life day to day. What a great character.

Burn After Reading - In my opinion, the most under-appreciated Coen brothers movie.

No Country For Old Men - I was like "what? you're ending it like that?" Then, I realize the genius of the story.

Raising Arizona - Some people despise Nicolas Cage films. But this film is definitely one of his best. Holly Hunter is awesome, too, Great comedy.

EH

The Man Who Wasn't There

Blood Simple

Barton Fink

Miller's Crossing

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

WORST

Simple Man - way too metaphorical.

Lady Killers - embarrassingly horrible. The Coen Brothers got too cutesy with this remake, IMO.

Can't Wait to see True Grit. Previews look awesome. Big fan of the original.

• Fire 1

BEST

Fargo - Awesome. One of my all-time favorites. Great dark comedy....Great heroine.

Burn After Reading - In my opinion, the most under-appreciated Coen brothers movie.

No Country For Old Men - I was like "what? you're ending it like that?" Then, I realize the genius of the story.

Raising Arizona - Some people despise Nicolas Cage films. But this film is definitely one of his best. Holly Hunter is awesome, too, Great comedy.

EH

The Man Who Wasn't There

Blood Simple

Barton Fink

Miller's Crossing

WORST

Lady Killers - embarrassingly horrible. The Coen Brothers got too cutesy with this remake, IMO.

Nice rundown! Fargo is one of my top five favorite movies of all time. Lebowski is epic...eminently quoteworthy, hilarious. Brandt. And the ending to No Country for Old Men is one of the greatest of all time. I get literal shivers from it when I watch that movie from beginning to end. Conversely, the ending to A Simple Man was a little rough. I still enjoyed that movie though, and I thought Miller's Crossing was pretty decent.

I will watch True Grit, but I'll be unhindered by expectations of what it should be because I've never seen the original. I'm excited...I like Jeff Bridges, and he's done some pretty good work with the Coen Brothers in the past.

Yeah, Lady Killers is a bad movie.

BEST

EH

The Man Who Wasn't There

Blood Simple

Barton Fink

Miller's Crossing

WORST

Nice rundown! Fargo is one of my top five favorite movies of all time. Lebowski is epic...eminently quoteworthy, hilarious. Brandt. And the ending to No Country for Old Men is one of the greatest of all time. I get literal shivers from it when I watch that movie from beginning to end. Conversely, the ending to A Simple Man was a little rough. I still enjoyed that movie though, and I thought Miller's Crossing was pretty decent.

I will watch True Grit, but I'll be unhindered by expectations of what it should be because I've never seen the original. I'm excited...I like Jeff Bridges, and he's done some pretty good work with the Coen Brothers in the past.

Yeah, Lady Killers is a bad movie.

Funny how tastes differ. My line-up would be: O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Big Lewboski, Lady Killers, Raising Arizona and Fargo. I thought No Country For Old Men was just so-so, and haven’t seen the rest.

Funny how tastes differ. My line-up would be: O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Big Lewboski, Lady Killers, Raising Arizona and Fargo. I thought No Country For Old Men was just so-so, and haven’t seen the rest.

It's true. I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, though: Fry is the man. ;)

1.) Fargo

2.) Lebowski

3.) No Country

4.) Raising Arizona

5.) Simple Man

6.) Burn After Reading

7.) Miller's Crossing

Somehow, though, I've never gotten around to watching O Brother, Where Art Thou. You liked it though, huh nuance? I should check it out one of these days.

It's true. I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, though: Fry is the man. ;)

1.) Fargo

2.) Lebowski

3.) No Country

4.) Raising Arizona

5.) Simple Man

6.) Burn After Reading

7.) Miller's Crossing

Somehow, though, I've never gotten around to watching O Brother, Where Art Thou. You liked it though, huh nuance? I should check it out one of these days.

If you like bluegrass you will probably like O Brother, Where Art Thou. But if you hate bluegrass there'll be parts of the movie you won't like.

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatched The Big Lebowski on Netflix the other night and well......I laughed my ass off and liked it so much that I downloaded the Big Lebowski soundboard app onto my phone and have have a John Goodman quote as my notification sound when I get text messages. A lot of stuff that I didn't remember seeing in the movie when I watched it the first time compared to the second time.

I just saw the True Grit trailor for the 100th time today and will be taking my wife to go see it probably Monday. Ever since the Bourne movies I've been a fan of Matt Damon movies and I've got to admit that I haven't seen the original with John Wayne.

My favorite Coen Brother movies:

1. Big Lebowski

2. Fargo

3t. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

3t. No Country for Old Men

5. Raising Arizona

6. Burning After Reading.

Thanks to the prev. posters for listing some of these movies..I didn't realize I'd seen a Cohen Bros movie or even remember hearing of a Cohen Brother.

I liked "Fargo" and "Oh Brother.." the rest I have no desire seing (again?) except maybe Lebowski..I've heard it recommended to me before and don't remember if I saw it yet.

I didn't like Bluegrass until I saw "Oh Brother.." and the main character reminded me of my parents' best friend when I was growing up.

I never really liked John Wayne movies even though my best friend's wife once said I walk like him?

He's a Trojan.

I know I saw True Grit a few times when I was young, but for some reason I thought it was about a kid and his paper route.

Are you a fan of the Cohen brothers? Their movies are pretty distinct, not for everyone.

I'm not a fan of the Big Lebowski. I thought that was the dumbest movie I've seen lately and I just watched it for the first time 2 weeks ago.

Everytime Jeff Bridges talked reminded me of an annoying inmate that talked just like that and I wanted to punch Jeff Bridges through my TV. I almost powered off the movie within 30 minutes but stuck it out hoping that it would get funnier but in the end I wasted 2 hours of my life.

You got the wrong guy, I'm the dude, man.

I'm not a fan of the Big Lebowski. I thought that was the dumbest movie I've seen lately and I just watched it for the first time 2 weeks ago.

Everytime Jeff Bridges talked reminded me of an annoying inmate that talked just like that and I wanted to punch Jeff Bridges through my TV. I almost powered off the movie within 30 minutes but stuck it out hoping that it would get funnier but in the end I wasted 2 hours of my life.

Not a fan of the Big Lebowski?? WHAT!?? How can that be? It's a classic! I guess it's true that one man's treasure is another man's trash.

Didn't see what was so special about it. I'm all up for stupid humor but that movie was horrible. I didn't laugh once throughout that two hour movie. I didn't like step brothers at first but watched it again and enjoyed it but don't see that with the Big Lebowski

:blink: Come on, man! The Dude abides