Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

Um, maybe but we're down to our third string QB. Our deep threat WR has a broken foot. While the circumstances are different, the majority of our offense will more than likely be standing on the sideline. Since Martinez has gotten hurt, we've nearly lost to Iowa State; we did lose to A&M; and we've pretty much looked like a monkey humping a football on offense save a few glimpses hear and there.

• Fire 1

Um, maybe but we're down to our third string QB. Our deep threat WR has a broken foot. While the circumstances are different, the majority of our offense will more than likely be standing on the sideline. Since Martinez has gotten hurt, we've nearly lost to Iowa State; we did lose to A&M; and we've pretty much looked like a monkey humping a football on offense save a few glimpses hear and there.

Alrighty then, I gotcha. You're saying it feels like we could come into the game and lay an egg, much like we did vs Texas. Not necessarily because we'll be nervous or playing badly, but because we don't have our best guys out on the field. To that point, I agree.

Jesus, you are all so optimistic, why should we even play? :sarcasm

Murray is hurt, Landry ISN'T THAT GOOD. If he attempts 60+ passes against Prince, Dennard, Haag, Gomes, ect... he'll have 6 picks. He threw a pick 6 against a sorry oSu D. Pressure the QB, make them one dimensional, it'll be a long night against the blackshirts :throwdabones1:

If we switch up our offense with some Rex-cat, and Watson calls "fundamental" plays, Cody can make it happen. Keep them guessing and OU's defense will have trouble adjusting.

Also, Oklahoma's special teams and coverage teams are suspect. Marlowe, Burkhead, Haag returning kicks could set us up with decent field position, just need a 1st down or 2 and Alex will score us some points.

Bo and Co. just need to exploit OU's weaknesses, and minimize mistakes. Bo's teams have been playing well, with less mistakes down the stretch. This is bigger then any bowl game, it's the final Big XII championship against OU.

I'm leaving for Dallas on Thursday, GO BIG RED :bigredn:

Murray is hurt, Landry ISN'T THAT GOOD. If he attempts 60+ passes against Prince, Dennard, Haag, Gomes, ect... he'll have 6 picks. He threw a pick 6 against a sorry oSu D. Pressure the QB, make them one dimensional, it'll be a long night against the blackshirts :throwdabones1:

If we switch up our offense with some Rex-cat, and Watson calls "fundamental" plays, Cody can make it happen. Keep them guessing and OU's defense will have trouble adjusting.

Also, Oklahoma's special teams and coverage teams are suspect. Marlowe, Burkhead, Haag returning kicks could set us up with decent field position, just need a 1st down or 2 and Alex will score us some points.

Bo and Co. just need to exploit OU's weaknesses, and minimize mistakes. Bo's teams have been playing well, with less mistakes down the stretch. This is bigger then any bowl game, it's the final Big XII championship against OU.

I have to agree on a number of points. Oklahoma is overrated this year, even though so are we to an extent. Their defense is especially overrated, look at their ratings and how close they came to losses to teams like Cincinnati (who is horrible). We definitely have a good shot to win this game, but it's going to come down to capitalized opportunities. We must score when we get a short field, we must hold them back when they have a long drive. Turnovers are obvious. But don't be afraid of Oklahoma because of their name - they are notorious for choking in big games anyway - see Stoops' BCS bowl record. I'm not taking them lightly because they are a very good opponent with multiple weapons, but they are clearly beatable. I think we match up very well against their offense with our defense.

I just hope our offense is running smooth come Saturday.

I have to agree on a number of points. Oklahoma is overrated this year, even though so are we to an extent. Their defense is especially overrated, look at their ratings and how close they came to losses to teams like Cincinnati (who is horrible). We definitely have a good shot to win this game, but it's going to come down to capitalized opportunities. We must score when we get a short field, we must hold them back when they have a long drive. Turnovers are obvious. But don't be afraid of Oklahoma because of their name - they are notorious for choking in big games anyway - see Stoops' BCS bowl record. I'm not taking them lightly because they are a very good opponent with multiple weapons, but they are clearly beatable. I think we match up very well against their offense with our defense.

Once you're done looking that up, take a look at Stoops' record in the Big 12 title game. Clearly the man knows what he's doing when it comes to conference foes.

Once you're done looking that up, take a look at Stoops' record in the Big 12 title game. Clearly the man knows what he's doing when it comes to conference foes.

Obviously, but look also at who he normally plays. Teams like Missouri with the same sad story every year - all offense and no defense. Plus, his teams of a few years ago were much better than his team is now. We shouldn't take them lightly, but this isn't 2008 Oklahoma.

Obviously, but look also at who he normally plays. Teams like Missouri with the same sad story every year - all offense and no defense. Plus, his teams of a few years ago were much better than his team is now. We shouldn't take them lightly, but this isn't 2008 Oklahoma.

Good point. We are no ordinary Big 12 Championship opponent for OU. No doubt it will be interesting to see what happens.

Also, it's important to remember this isn't the 2009 Oklahoma either. While we still have an amazing secondary that should give Landry problems, IMO he'll be much sharper than he was last time we saw him. That being said, I hope we add him to the long list of QBs who've fallen by the wayside because of our stifling coverage.

because of our offense i feel like the game seems unwinnable, but our O was worse last year and we won so who knows.

This is a really good point. I had been nervous, but thinking about it now: OU is nowhere near as good as Texas was last year on offense or defense. Texas played for the National Championship, OU is not NC caliber. Our defense MAY be just a touch worse this year (but OU's offense is worse than last year's Texas team, so that's a wash) and our offense is a little better than last year going against a defense that I don't believe is as good as Texas' defense last year. And we still have Alex. I'm feeling a little bit better...

because of our offense i feel like the game seems unwinnable, but our O was worse last year and we won so who knows.

This is a really good point. I had been nervous, but thinking about it now: OU is nowhere near as good as Texas was last year on offense or defense. Texas played for the National Championship, OU is not NC caliber. Our defense MAY be just a touch worse this year (but OU's offense is worse than last year's Texas team, so that's a wash) and our offense is a little better than last year going against a defense that I don't believe is as good as Texas' defense last year. And we still have Alex. I'm feeling a little bit better...

Summary version: this is a pretty even match.

We need to get out to a big early lead, so if/when our offense struggles our defense has room to work with. Even if we get another 21 point first quarter, I just hope we don't lift our foots of the pedal.

To do that, the O-line absolutely must be ready to execute and dominate the trenches. That means no penalties and opening holes to OU's 2nd tier. This is arguably the biggest key to our offense having success 'cause it all starts up front.

This is a matchup of teams who crap their pants in odd situations. When push comes to shove, who's got the shakiest QB and team? That's my answer.

I mean honestly Nebraska has become more stable without Martinez in there. Less explosive but more stable. It goes great with the leap the defense has taken lately.

I think we win if the white & black stripes keep their laudry to themselves (sorry but i feel their has been times all year we have gotten screwed) but frankly i don't see the refs being an issue. I think we win because we are an underdog. We obviously play the best when we are dogs and our defense is nasty when opposing teams think they will come in and roll, ie. Texas in last years game...it will be close early, but our defense is too much for one man show broyes, and i do not see Murry being a huge factor, i'd predict something along the lines of 20-10, that's how it's supposed to end, and because ESPN will need a picture of Beebe's face after the game for their title page "Thank you, Now Goodbye" :dumdum