Barry Switzer not losing sleep over the end of the Big XII

knapplc

Click the headline for the whole article. Same old Barry.

As end nears, Switzer recalls NU-OU rivalry

By Dirk Chatelain

To college football's older crowd, Barry Switzer is still Oklahoma and Tom Osborne is still Nebraska.

It's hard to think of one without the other.

But only one coaching legend will be in Dallas on Saturday night when the two schools clash for the last Big 12 title.

Switzer will be in Manhattan, a few blocks from Times Square. Each year, he and his wife schedule a vacation around the College Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Switzer, 73, isn't sure where he'll watch OU-NU — maybe his hotel room at the Waldorf on Park Avenue. He doesn't intend to miss anything.

To Switzer, Oklahoma and Nebraska will always be the giants who clashed every year, at the end of the season, with an Orange Bowl and a potential national title on the line.

“That's how I think of Oklahoma and Nebraska,” Switzer said Sunday. “I don't have any attachment to the Big 12 at all other than being a fan, a spectator. I never coached a game in the Big 12. It meant nothing to me.

“Last game in the Big 12? So what?”

Found this "remake" of that poster:

6d0d5d8f.jpg

I'm guessing it was made by a Texas Fan. Note the hand Texas lays on KSU, even though KSU has dealt the whorns some tough losses. A&M eying the SEC truck, ISU serving drinks, Mizzou looking morose, Oklahoma looking at Texas (as if waiting for directions), the Baylor Bear shining shoes, and of course the crown on Bevo's head.

And they call us arrogant.