Musburger Ticketed In Lincoln

HuskersGJ

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/498913...133/detail.html

LINCOLN, Neb. -- ABC sportscaster Brent Musburger was ticketed at the intersection of 9th and T Streets in Lincoln after Saturday's Husker game.

Lincoln police said Musburger was a passenger in the ABC crew's rental car.

One witness said a traffic officer had just waved traffic through the intersection when he spotted Musberger drinking a beer.

The witness said he saw other passengers with alcohol, but Lincoln police said only Musburger was ticketed.

The driver was not drinking.

Musburger was given a $144 citation, including court costs.

:rollin:rollin:rollin :rollin

how does this show that we're bad fans...this just shows that our police officers aren't afraid to uphold the law...I don't think that this shows that we are bad people or bad fans...it just shows that no matter who you are...we will ticket you for open container :)

how does this show that we're bad fans...this just shows that our police officers aren't afraid to uphold the law...I don't think that this shows that we are bad people or bad fans...it just shows that no matter who you are...we will ticket you for open container :)

"The witness said he saw other passengers with alcohol, but Lincoln police said only Musburger was ticketed."

It does say "one witness" which means that there were probably more than one, and only one thought that they saw others with alchohol. He could have been mistaken. I doubt they would get Mussberger and let the other guys off, that just doesnt make sense.

I'm just goin off what I read there. But, like I said, I definately liked hearing it! :)

LINCOLN, Neb. -- ABC sportscaster Brent Musburger was ticketed at the intersection of 9th and T Streets in Lincoln after Saturday's Husker game.

One witness said a traffic officer had just waved traffic through the intersection when he spotted Musberger drinking a beer.

The witness said he saw other passengers with alcohol, but Lincoln police said only Musburger was ticketed.

:rollin:rollin:rollin :rollin

dumbass <_<

:rollin  :rollin  :rollin :rollin

dumbass <_<

Exactly.

"Hey, we are about to pass these cops. Go ahead and take a drink of your beer in front of them as we drive by." :dumdum

"Hey, we are about to pass these cops. Go ahead and take a drink of your beer in front of them as we drive by." :dumdum

no kidding- there are cops ALL OVER the place directing traffic after a game. what idiot would pull up a can when there are red/blue flashing lights all around?

or, to play devil's advocate: listening to his broadcasts, i wouldn't be surprised if he downs a few during the games. which could explain the post game stupidity- as well as the piss-poor broadcasting.

Wow, very nice effort BRENT. Karmas a beyotch eh? Im sure this is more common than we think with broadcasters - who quite a few of used to drink ON THE JOB - and like GJ said some sound like they still do. Now I know after a long day nothing tastes better than a cold one, but I find it funny that Lushburger couldnt even wait until they hit I-80 to pour one down. ABC must be verrry proud. :wasted