A thread griping about Alex Henery's snub

t_husker

i hope that henery kicks a 60 yard field goal to beat the sooners on saturday. how the f--- can he be second team? i've heard two different national announcers this season refer to him as one of the best placekickers in college football history. i know this was talked about on another thread. i also don't post much. but that is fricking ludicrous.

MOD EDIT - Please use more descriptive thread titles.

Regaurdless of who does the kick-offs he is the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. I'm going to say that again the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. The fact that he is not a finalst and on 2nd team is a complete sham. I agree I would love to see Alex break the record for longes field goal in a big 12 championship game. Just like he did last year.

Regaurdless of who does the kick-offs he is the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. I'm going to say that again the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. The fact that he is not a finalst and on 2nd team is a complete sham. I agree I would love to see Alex break the record for longes field goal in a big 12 championship game. Just like he did last year.

oh i completely agree. maybe in the history of the NCAA is slightly overstating it, but he is the best kicker the leagues seen in a long time.

but if you HAD to find a reason to excuse him from awards, that the only thing i can rationalize

oh i completely agree. maybe in the history of the NCAA is slightly overstating it, but he is the best kicker the leagues seen in a long time.

but if you HAD to find a reason to excuse him from awards, that the only thing i can rationalize

I thought he was the most accurate kicker in history. Least thats what I heard on the movin' pictures

I thought he was the most accurate kicker in history. Least thats what I heard on the movin' pictures

yes the moving picture or talkie as it is also called was accurate. Statisticaly Henery is the most accurate kicker in college football history.

Please don't make thread title ambiguous, it is really annoying

so, so, sorry.

mods, please edit my post title to "i hope alex henery kicks a 60 yard field goal to win the game against the sooners on saturday because there are a bunch of dumb sh#ts that don't understand that he is by far one of the most reliable and accurate field goal kickers that i have ever seen".

thank you.

honestly, i am a homer but i can only think of a couple of other kickers that were as money as alex. mike nugent was a badass at theOSU and marteeeeeen was great at kstate. ucla has had a couple but look at alex's season/career stats. almost all of the very few kicks that he has missed were over 50 yards. and he has a very high percentage of 50+ yard kicks. so, he is money at extra points, short kicks, long kicks, meaningless kicks, meaningful kicks and every other kind of kick. he doesn't kick off? so what? he doesn't kick off because we have some kind of prodigy kick-off kicker that puts every kick-off out of the back of the end zone unless there is a 40mph wind in his face. wtf do they want?

actually, mods, please put all of those statements in my thread title so that gmoose fully understands what my thoughts are so that he knows what he is clicking on.

end of rant.

so, so, sorry.

mods, please edit my post title to "i hope alex henery kicks a 60 yard field goal to win the game against the sooners on saturday because there are a bunch of dumb sh#ts that don't understand that he is by far one of the most reliable and accurate field goal kickers that i have ever seen".

thank you.

honestly, i am a homer but i can only think of a couple of other kickers that were as money as alex. mike nugent was a badass at theOSU and marteeeeeen was great at kstate. ucla has had a couple but look at alex's season/career stats. almost all of the very few kicks that he has missed were over 50 yards. and he has a very high percentage of 50+ yard kicks. so, he is money at extra points, short kicks, long kicks, meaningless kicks, meaningful kicks and every other kind of kick. he doesn't kick off? so what? he doesn't kick off because we have some kind of prodigy kick-off kicker that puts every kick-off out of the back of the end zone unless there is a 40mph wind in his face. wtf do they want?

actually, mods, please put all of those statements in my thread title so that gmoose fully understands what my thoughts are so that he knows what he is clicking on.

end of rant.

What?

• Fire 1

Hey,

ESPN Big 12 Blogger David Ubben is with us on Alex's snub. Good article about us:

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/22430/weighing-in-on-the-all-big-12-teamsawards

-ladyhawke~

i hope that henery kicks a 60 yard field goal to beat the sooners on saturday. how the f--- can he be second team? i've heard two different national announcers this season refer to him as one of the best placekickers in college football history. i know this was talked about on another thread. i also don't post much. but that is fricking ludicrous.

MOD EDIT - Please use more descriptive thread titles.

so, so, sorry.

thank you.

end of rant.

End of rant? Good. Now listen to mine - board rules against personal attacks are the most inflexible rule we have. Your warning level has been raised due to the above post. You were asked politely to edit your post and you responded like this. There is zero reason to respond this way.

here is what ubben had to say, for the record I think he is 16 of 17 not 15 of 16 and the only kick he missed was blocked.

I sense that what happens late in conference play isn't as weighted as what happens early. The two victims in this case are Nebraska kicker Alex Henery and Colorado running back Rodney Stewart. Oklahoma State's Dan Bailey made his first 18 kicks (more than Henery attempted all year), but missed four kicks in three games before last week's Bedlam game. He was the runaway winner early in the season, but Henery's lack of attempts (15-of-16 on the year) isn't his fault. Additionally, as a member of the All-Big 12 second team as a punter, the combination should have given him enough oomph to best Bailey. I don't have a major gripe with the selection, but if it were up to me, Henery deserved Special Teams Player of the Year.