Martinez won't play according to a "trusted source"

Pulled this off the internutz

okblitz.com

A trusted source in Lincoln has told OKBlitz.com Sports Director Dean Blevins via text message that Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez "isn't gonna go..." and that he would "be ineffective if he even tries to play."

Martinez is suffering from right ankle and foot injuries that kept him out of the Huskers' Nov. 26 regular season finale against Colorado.

Sophomore Cody Green is likely to get the start for the Huskers, and he started against Colorado last week.

Meanwhile the Sooners have an injury issue with a headlining player of their own that is being closely monitored.

All-Big 12 running back DeMarco Murray bruised a knee in the win against OSU on Saturday.

OU coach Bob Stoops said during Tuesday's weekly press conference that Murray's health was improving but that he did not know whether Murray would be ready for Saturday's Big 12 Championship.

Murray and other OU players meet with the media after Tuesday practices but Murray was not available to the media after the Sooners' practice Tuesday.

if he is only say 75% by game time (which is very unlikely) and they try to start him it would be bad for the team, cuz the game plan would be set up different than if he is definitely out, and we will have another aTm performance where once he goes out the offense does nothing. i hope the players already know what is going to happen with tmart on saturday and they can be prepared and focused come gametime

if he is only say 75% by game time (which is very unlikely) and they try to start him it would be bad for the team, cuz the game plan would be set up different than if he is definitely out, and we will have another aTm performance where once he goes out the offense does nothing. i hope the players already know what is going to happen with tmart on saturday and they can be prepared and focused come gametime

Taylor said on his FB page that he "doesn't know" if he's starting or not, but that doesn't surprise me I would think he would say even if he did. Somebody said that they really hoped to see him out on the field on Saturday and his response was "me too".

I just have a weird feeling that he'll be starting and actually be pretty healthy.

On the way to Dallas Im going to hang my a$$ out of the window through the entire state of Oklahoma. With a rather large N U painted on the cheeks. Taylor probably won't play, but the okblitz has no clue what they are reporting.

I'm not sure that's gonna do anything to help Taylor's turf toe.

:rollin

Exactly what is turf toe anyway?

Turf toe can occur after a very vigorous upward bending of the big toe. It got it's name due to the fact that it occurs frequently in people who play games on artificial surfaces. The shoe grips hard on the surface and sticks causing bodyweight to go forward and so bending the toe up. It is also common in martial arts. You are more at risk if you have increased range of motion in the ankle and / or wear soft flexible shoes.