Subterfuge & Intrigue

Bradr

There was a locked post from yesterday called "I've got it Figured Out." The OP mentioned something about TMart conspiracies, and Bo tricking Oklahoma. Despite the sarcasm of the OP, this got me thinking.

Pelini is a smart guy, or seems so from his speaking skills. He also reads alot. Specifically crime/legal-type thriller books. Books that contain multiple layers of complex plots that constantly weave in different directions. The kinds of stories that would make an audience think the exact opposite of the actual truth.

With this in mind, anyone else think that maybe Bo might be doing some things (cough, Taylor argument/finger poke, cough), just to throw up a huge smoke screen?

Before anyone says No Way!, think back to the story we heard in 2007. Pelini's first season. Towards the beginning of the year, he and an offensive lineman (Murtha maybe?) tricked the whole team. They got together before a team meeting and planned an argument that escalated into a fist fight. During the meeting, Pelini and the lineman start yelling at each other, go out into the hall alone, and then start banging on lockers. To the mortified team, they think Pelini is getting the tar knocked out of him. A few seconds later, Pelini and the player come back in laughing. I read of Pelini doing the same thing at LSU.

If he's willing to pull one over on the team, who's to say he isn't pulling one over on everyone watching the game two weeks ago? Who knows, but its something to chew on.