The Senior Thread

Nebula

Who's Your Guy?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are so many great plays and memories from this departing class. These kids have truly experienced the roller coaster...from total dejection as our Huskers were belittled as a has-been program, to a renewed sense of national relevance. A lot of these kids have been instrumental in restoring some of that shine to our program, so I thought it might be fun to remember some of the great plays that these Huskers for life made out there on the gridiron during their careers here.

I, for one, am really going to miss Eric Hagg. He is so versatile, so very competent in coverage, a sure, strong tackler...so good and versatile in fact that we rearranged our base defense (peso) for this season based around Eric and all the different things he brings to a defense.

So I'll stick with Eric, and that Gator Bowl game stands out for me when I think of #28. Clemson driving...Jacoby Ford so dangerous and of course, CJ Spiller in that backfield. And here is the game. Late in the fourth and the Tigers have moved the ball deep into NU territory. The Blackshirts need to make a play.

That's not good enough for Eric. He makes TWO plays, back to back...a blitz in which he gets his hands up and just snuffs the life out of a Cullen Harper pass, and then a HUGE sack on the very next snap, to make it third and forever. (O'Hanlon made a heck of a play on that series too, to seal it.) So that is my Eric Hagg memory. How about you guys? Who is your senior you'll miss most, and what play stands out to you as a defining one for that player?

While Prince has been one of our best corners ever, and Roy Helu has been a great running back for us for 4 years, no one in the history of Nebraska football can compare to what Alex Henery has done for our special teams play. I dont care what anyone says, Alex has been the best kicker in the country for the past 2 years and one of the top 3-4 punters for the past 2 years as well. My favorite Henery moments are in order 1) The kick 2) His run against Okie State this year and 3) Last years Big 12 title game. He basically was our offense last year, and has been automatic this year and would be perfect if not for a blocked kick that wasn't his fault. The kid is an absolute stud and I will miss him more then any other senior- by far.

I remember Hagg's "coming out party" on Clemson's last drive in the Gator Bowl . . . Amukamara's pick back to the one to dive us the win over Oklahoma last year . . . Niles Paul flexing . . . Helu jumping over dudes in 2008 . . . all of Henery's field goals . . . some kid named Broekemeier I'd never seen before making huge catches against Colorado.