Prince . . . WTF?

Hujan

One thing that I haven't seen a lot of talk about . . . WTF happened to Prince Amukamara? Dude was getting beat routinely in the first half. How many times did Landry Jones get flushed out of the pocket and complete a pass to a wide open receiver who was supposed to be covered by Amukamara but had come back for the ball? I hate to say it, but I've wondered if he was maybe a tad overrated all year (not a single INT?) and this game really made me wonder. He played a terrible game, IMO. What do you guys think?

You already answered the question. Landry was flushed and made a throw to a receiver coming back for the ball. Sometime guys like you just need to admit that when certain things happen, it's not due to our faults but rather because the other guy just made a play, and i'll use this perfect example again , Nunn fumble 06 Texas.

So, in your view, hook patterns are automatic completions against even supposed first-round DBs?

Our entire fan base could have guarded Oklahoma's wide receivers and they still would have got open. That's what happens when the opposing quarterback has 2 hours to dissect the defense with absolutely no pressure.

Bingo. Whether you're Prince or Jared from Subway at some point it becomes like backyard football without 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi.........someone is going to get open.

One thing that I haven't seen a lot of talk about . . . WTF happened to Prince Amukamara? Dude was getting beat routinely in the first half. How many times did Landry Jones get flushed out of the pocket and complete a pass to a wide open receiver who was supposed to be covered by Amukamara but had come back for the ball? I hate to say it, but I've wondered if he was maybe a tad overrated all year (not a single INT?) and this game really made me wonder. He played a terrible game, IMO. What do you guys think?

You already answered the question. Landry was flushed and made a throw to a receiver coming back for the ball. Sometime guys like you just need to admit that when certain things happen, it's not due to our faults but rather because the other guy just made a play, and i'll use this perfect example again , Nunn fumble 06 Texas.

So, in your view, hook patterns are automatic completions against even supposed first-round DBs?

The only hook route that I saw thrown at Prince he hit the guy as soon as the ball got there. Guy just made a great catch. Also sometimes you give them the short passes because if you start jumping thosee, that when they can get you on a double move. That comeback route that accountibility is talking about, that was a broken route, the receiver knew where he was gonna go and he came back to the ball, preventing Prince from coming back in time to make a play on the ball. Yeah he probably should have just tackled the guy on the 3rd and 24 play, but what can you do, he tried making a play and it didnt work out. And then on the 4th and 1 play, he got picked by Hagg so he was automatically taken out of the play. Also did you see the play where he pressed Broyles right into the ground along the sidelines. He is not overrated just the other team making plays.

The only hook route that I saw thrown at Prince he hit the guy as soon as the ball got there. Guy just made a great catch. Also sometimes you give them the short passes because if you start jumping thosee, that when they can get you on a double move. That comeback route that accountibility is talking about, that was a broken route, the receiver knew where he was gonna go and he came back to the ball, preventing Prince from coming back in time to make a play on the ball. Yeah he probably should have just tackled the guy on the 3rd and 24 play, but what can you do, he tried making a play and it didnt work out. And then on the 4th and 1 play, he got picked by Hagg so he was automatically taken out of the play. Also did you see the play where he pressed Broyles right into the ground along the sidelines. He is not overrated just the other team making plays.

It happened on more than one occasion, of that I'm sure. The problem was that they were LONG throws. As in, Jones scrambles, puts the ball way up, the camera pans, pans, pans, and there is an OU wide receiver to make the grab without an NU defender (often Prince) anywhere around him.

In any event, it's obvious I'm in the minority here so I'll take your guys' word for it.

Guess I'm the only one, then. Nevermind. Dude's a saint.

wow, he didn't play lights out in one game where the d line didn't put any pressure on the QB. stop being so dramatic. maybe you forgot that our secondary has been basically the best in the nation for the rest of the year

It happened on more than one occasion, of that I'm sure. The problem was that they were LONG throws. As in, Jones scrambles, puts the ball way up, the camera pans, pans, pans, and there is an OU wide receiver to make the grab without an NU defender (often Prince) anywhere around him.

In any event, it's obvious I'm in the minority here so I'll take your guys' word for it.

If you can't see the receiver, you don't know whether or not that actually was Prince's guy or if he came off his guy to make a play. As everyone else is saying, too, you can't expect any DB, even an All-American DB to stay on his guy for how long Landry had time to throw on every single play.

The secondary got totally outplayed, and can someone please teach Cassidy to turn around and look for the damn ball!!!! I don't know how many times this year all that kid had to do was turn around and put a hand up and break up a play... Overall the D once again kept us in the game, but the stats make it look a lot worse