Martinez looked "clueless"

Yea yea I know he is only a "freshman" but he looked totally clueless and many times all year in the passing game! His footwork is pathetic and he "locks" in on one receiver! He is growing but last night he should have been growing from the sidelines.

I am not so sure why Bo thinks sitting him on the bench is going to destroy his confidence, what happened last night is a confidence destroyer.

Zac Lee if we were going to "throw" the ball gives us the best chance to win, period!

Would Cody have looked or played worse? He has had problems in some appearances but a change was needed on offense, badly.

I guess I am just not as enamored with a "wounded" QB as Bo and Wats are.

We are playing big games trying "not to lose" and that outlook on offense has not worked for the past 2 years. Our defense can not always make the plays, it is expecting way too much from them.

Last night was just another steps backwards on offense!

Yea yea I know he is only a "freshman" but he looked totally clueless and many times all year in the passing game! His footwork is pathetic and he "locks" in on one receiver! He is growing but last night he should have been growing from the sidelines.

I am not so sure why Bo thinks sitting him on the bench is going to destroy his confidence, what happened last night is a confidence destroyer.

Zac Lee if we were going to "throw" the ball gives us the best chance to win, period!

Would Cody have looked or played worse? He has had problems in some appearances but a change was needed on offense, badly.

I guess I am just not as enamored with a "wounded" QB as Bo and Wats are.

We are playing big games trying "not to lose" and that outlook on offense has not worked for the past 2 years. Our defense can not always make the plays, it is expecting way too much from them.

Last night was just another steps backwards on offense!

Scott Frost looked "clueless" against Arizona State when Nebraska lost 19-0.

The next year Husker "Fans" booed Scott Frost.

Then he won a National Championship.

Get a grip. He is only a Redshirt Freshman.

He learned a ton from that tough loss and will only get better.

For starters, when you criticize his throwing mechanics you have to have the common sense to know that he is a running quarterback and NOT a Joe Montana or Tom Brady. Damn. Scott Frost had an ugly shot put throw too, Tommie Frazier often forgot he was throwing a ball to a man and not firing a missle at Sadam Hussein. Jamal Lord_________. But these guys were running quarterback in a run first and 2nd offense in which we threw it cuz we had to, not because we wanted to, in order to pick up long yardage or loosen up the D. Our line is a power running line that lets face it is very effective in that plan, but they were just overwelmed sat. night by an over blitzing defense that could lock up man across cuz our only athletic talent at receiver capable of stretching out a D is hurt. Could you imagine the fallout if Osborne tried to have Frazier or Frost come out in the gun and throw 20-30 passes in a game with our awesome D when were gashing with the run time and time again. Well Osborne never did do that, but Watson did Saturday. he did not call to our strengths, when the game got tied at 20, he started calling like we were down by 3 td's. it's ridiculous and it's happened time and time again. Not to mention an absolute slap in the face to our defense to portray the feeling that we are somehow now in a shootout. ??? :facepalm:

For starters, when you criticize his throwing mechanics you have to have the common sense to know that he is a running quarterback and NOT a Joe Montana or Tom Brady. Damn. Scott Frost had an ugly shot put throw too, Tommie Frazier often forgot he was throwing a ball to a man and not firing a missle at Sadam Hussein. Jamal Lord_________. But these guys were running quarterback in a run first and 2nd offense in which we threw it cuz we had to, not because we wanted to, in order to pick up long yardage or loosen up the D. Our line is a power running line that lets face it is very effective in that plan, but they were just overwelmed sat. night by an over blitzing defense that could lock up man across cuz our only athletic talent at receiver capable of stretching out a D is hurt. Could you imagine the fallout if Osborne tried to have Frazier or Frost come out in the gun and throw 20-30 passes in a game with our awesome D when were gashing with the run time and time again. Well Osborne never did do that, but Watson did Saturday. he did not call to our strengths, when the game got tied at 20, he started calling like we were down by 3 td's. it's ridiculous and it's happened time and time again.

+1,000!

Great post!

Where was the play action passes with a run/pass optionn for Martinez?

Play to the kid's strengths.

If you watch this video we ran a play action pass to McNeil that Taylor looked great in!

The play action pass comes at the 1:47 mark:

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=100&id=738883&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=100

Watson NEVER ran it again!!!!??????

Taylor obviously wasnt healthy enough to play seems as tho he got chased down by a DE. His throws are consistently behind his receivers. Kid couldnt hit the red side of a barn. Get off Taylors jock he is not the future of our program. True freshman im sick of hearing that...Look at rex, basically played as our QB in last years bowl game. Must have a fluke? Tommie Frazier another fluke? It doesnt take 2-3yrs to learn to throw the ball away when your getting sacked..Dont they teach you that in Jr. High? Im so sick of every other post on this message board being about your guys love for Taylor Martinez? My bet is Biron Carnes or Bubba will take his spot next year.

Just grow up and be MEN!