Taylor Martinez bleeds Husker Red....

Whether or not injured Taylor should have started is really a different question than what Knapp was getting at which goes back to the decision at the beginning of the year.

In the context of that decision...let's remember what made Taylor an asset despite his deficiencies, was that he forced teams to defend 11-on-11, to recycle a common term used back in those days. Injured Taylor doesn't do that. Take away Taylor's game-breaking ability and he is just a poor QB, unfortunately. Actually, I'd say that Taylor without his big play threat, as poor as that's been, has actually been surprisingly better than I thought. But once he hits a cold spell, it's over. Personally, I thought Taylor's first half (minus the pick) was pretty good.

Oh the decision at the beginning of the year? It worked great, absolutely. But the flaw in that decision was that we didn't have another QB in the program to run that scheme when Taylor got hurt where as Zac and Cody can run a similar offense. I think we would have been just as effective with Cody or Zac with Taylor running out in specific packages and playing slot WR. Can you imagine the threat you would have with Paul, Martinez and Reed on the field in the passing game as WR's? Throw in McNeill and Kinnie working underneath and we would have had a dynamic passing game with Helu and Burkhead running the ball as well.

Here is where I think the three of us have been yacking about nothing. I agree with both quoted statements. The only thing I would say is that you can't predict injuries, therefore the decision to start Taylor was neither good nor bad based on injuries. He could have gotten hurt on the first play of the first game and we'd have had to go with Green, since Lee (apparently) wasn't available.

It's probably been forgotten in all of this, but I was in the "start Zac Lee" camp all offseason, and very much so in the week prior to the W. Kentucky game. His Senior leadership and his poise trumped Taylor's athleticism in my opinion. I was flat wrong about that, and I have no problem admitting my mistake.

Yeah, IMO anyone who says he threw the game is just making crap up because they want to believe it. He was definitely in tears after the game and I feel awful for the kid. Biggest game of his life, and he is probably taking it harder than any of us. I don't think there is any serious suggestion that he somehow didn't want to win.

Personally I am disgusted by the people that are claiming he threw the game, or he is transferring. We are making judgements about a KID from RUMORS. Anyways, yes after the game he was in tears. He was talking to one of his room mates shaking his head. I'm semi-good friends with one of his roommates, and have been around Taylor before. He is not a partying-stud, not out with 100's of girls every night, instead with his room mates or studying. He isn't cocky. He may not be a strong leader, but he is also young. As we give him time to grow, he will. What we need to do is support him, as we need to the whole team. I'm embarrassed for the fair weather fans.

+1. :yeah

Yeah, IMO anyone who says he threw the game is just making crap up because they want to believe it. He was definitely in tears after the game and I feel awful for the kid. Biggest game of his life, and he is probably taking it harder than any of us. I don't think there is any serious suggestion that he somehow didn't want to win.

Yeah, i feel horrible. Husker fans truly think death threats and hating is going to make him improve, NO. support it. He is a husker, and while he is one, or anything else, we need to support the kids.

Husker fans truly think death threats and hating is going to make him improve, NO.

WHOA. "Husker Fans" do not think this. Crazy whackjob nutcases think this. Husker Fans are not defined by the tiny percentage of idiots who do stupid things. There are Husker Fans in the Nebraska State Pen who are rapists, murderers, etc. They do not define the fans any more than idiots who send death threats to Dan Beebe. The vast majority of Husker Fans are good people and do good things. Let's let the majority define the fans, not the minority.

Husker fans truly think death threats and hating is going to make him improve, NO.

WHOA. "Husker Fans" do not think this. Crazy whackjob nutcases think this. Husker Fans are not defined by the tiny percentage of idiots who do stupid things. There are Husker Fans in the Nebraska State Pen who are rapists, murderers, etc. They do not define the fans any more than idiots who send death threats to Dan Beebe. The vast majority of Husker Fans are good people and do good things. Let's let the majority define the fans, not the minority.

Yes, I guess you could say they are not fans. But they identify themselves as fans, and criticize a team they are "fans" of, and do affect the players. I wish everyone could just drop the rumors, and realize if they went out there with a facebook page full of dbag comments, it'd be a little nerve racking. JUST SUPPORT THEM, that's all i'm asking.

Yes, I guess you could say they are not fans. But they identify themselves as fans, and criticize a team they are "fans" of, and do affect the players. I wish everyone could just drop the rumors, and realize if they went out there with a facebook page full of dbag comments, it'd be a little nerve racking. JUST SUPPORT THEM, that's all i'm asking.

You're preaching to the choir.

I'm with you, I can't stand rumors. But also if you can't take a little criticism you have no business playing D1 football.

Am I the only one who noticed Taylor was moving around really well for most of the CCG? All I've heard is how gimpy he was. He wasn't limping until the 4th quarter after he started taking all those sacks.

Toradol shots work amazingly well. In the 4th quarter it probably started to wear off.

"I was trying to play with a high ankle sprain and a broken hand at the same time," South Carolina's senior center said.

So before a 2007 game, Anderson received a shot of Toradol, a painkiller that is the injection drug of choice in college football locker rooms before and during games, or immediately following wins and losses that hurt more than most people realize.

"I had a (Toradol) shot after the Wake Forest game," Clemson senior cornerback Crezdon Butler said. "I had a neck injury and we had a long bus ride home after the game. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it -- sleeping and relaxing -- without a shot."

Needles get stuck into Gamecocks, Tigers, Citadel Bulldogs and players from colleges all around the country every Saturday. It's not just Toradol, a brand-name painkiller and anti-inflammatory also known by the generic name ketorolac. Marcaine (or the generic bupivacaine) is an injectable drug used to numb specific body parts.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/oct/04/painkillersa-big-and-unregulated-part-of-college/

I'm with you, I can't stand rumors. But also if you can't take a little criticism you have no business playing D1 football.

A little criticism is OK, even productive when given without hateful vocabulary and negative emotions. What has been said about Taylor and some of the coaches has been over the top, in my opinion. I, for one, really appreciate the efforts of the whole team this year. We play hard, every down, every play, and I couldn't say that from about 2002 to 2007. That is all we should ask of these young men. Play hard, play your role, never give up, and stay out of trouble off the field.

In the deed, the glory.

Everyone is going to get knocked down, Nebraska has been getting back up the last 3 years and looking to knock someone else down. GBR! :bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn: