Not too concerned about motiviation

HANC

I understand that the fans (including me) are not excited at all at the Washington match up. This is NOT disrespectful to Washington...nothing about their "team", just a re-match, plus next year'g game. Hell, I wouldn't have been too excited for a rematch vs Arizona.....

I am also very aware of the player's intial responses on twitter. Obviously, they weren't excited to hear about a rematch.

But, I am not worried that this team will show up and play well. If NU doesn't play well, I don't think it will be because of lack of motivation.

If you listened to the post-game remarks, Crick and company bluntly said that they will put this loss behind them and send the seniors out right. (lossing 3 our of 4 isn't 'right')....

These seniors, especially on defense, have WAY TOO MUCH pride to half-ass it in the bowl game. Most of the seniors are auditioning again for the NFL. They will show that they can cover a good WR and again shut down a highly touted QB. They will prove that the first time wasn't a fluke.

Bo will have these guys so friggin mad about being "overlooked".."lack of repsect".."us against the world" attitude that you will see a bunch of pissed off blackshirts playing for the FINAL time as a HUSKER !!! (possibly even Crick and Dennard).

The offense will be as healthy as they have been in a long time.... I even heard rumors about Green not being healthy...all qbs should be somewhat better, and Niles will be on a mission.

Motivation will NOT play a roll in this game. IMO

But what is there to gain? Us against the world implies we have something to prove to the world. We had our chance to do that in a championship game against a championship team in Oklahoma, and didn't finish. We can beat Washington 45-0 and nobody will care. At this point it's just the players playing for pride.

We pointed towards one goal since last December and when it came down to one half of football to make it a reality, our offense failed miserably, again. We scored zero points and have a kicker that's basically in range at the OU 45.

The really annoying part of it is, no matter how well we do in the Big 10, we couldn't beat the Big 12's big boys when it mattered. We could win the first five Big 10 championships and Big 12 fans could simply point to it as more evidence of the Big 10's inferiority.

JTrain:

I agree 100% with you anylasis...... but, I truly think that the PRIDE that you mentioned will be enough to motivate these guys to play well.

Absolutely, they have nothing to gain other than 11 wins...(which hasn't been done is awhile at NU)... send the team into the off season with a win.. a WIN will not take away the disappointment of not finishing the job, BUT another loss would drive the dagger soooo deep into the heart of the program , that I would be very concerned about next year.

This team will be MOTIVATED to WIN... They will compete. I tell my team , whenever it appears that we are playing for nothing.... Play the game the way it was intended. Play for the sake of being a COMPETITOR. These guys have pride, and they will show up.

** But I do agree with your post.

At the end of the day, there really is very little to gain. I can't think we jump more than a spot or two by beating a team that probably shouldn't even be playing in a bowl game. We got our cubes stomped on hard here. Other than winning the North, I'm not sure we met any of our goals. For all the whoopla over Texas, we didn't get it done. For all the whoopla over sticking it to the Big 12 on our way out, we didn't get it done. It is going to take a lot to get the team up for this game. I hope you're right that we do.

I think the seniors will show up. The secondary is going to absolutely tear the UW passing game apart. I'm thinking 4+ picks and a couple defensive scores. That should be enough to win, but I don't expect to blow them out without a healthy Martinez tearing off back-breaking runs. Helu will probably go for over 100, though. I'm guessing he and the defense will win the game in a bit of a snoozer.

I cannot believe the friggen starting time for the game. 10:00 pm Est on a Thursday night! This maybe the first Husker bowl game that I Tivo and watch the following night.

9 central? Srsly?

It just keeps getting better. Next are they going to say that it's just ESPN regional coverage, with 90% of the country seeing World Series of Poker instead?