I'm worried about the Holiday Bowl.

carlfense

Washington is NOT a good team. Yes, we beat the @#$@# out of them in their own house. That said . . . Washington is excited to play in the Holiday Bowl. They're angry and embarrassed about the loss to Nebraska back in September. Nebraska has regressed. Entirely too many coaching rumor distractions.

Long story short, I think Nebraska is a far better team than Washington but I am far from confident that we will win.

That's why I'm worried, our team's biggest problem for the last 2 years has been staying hungry. Knowing that we destroyed them 3 months ago is NOT good for our team. Especially since Martinez clearly is not 100%. That's why I see this game as a lose-lose situation. We're probably not going to beat them by five TD's and we'll look like crap if we win by a smaller margin. And if we lose....well, we lose. In the end, I think we still win since the D has been playing lights out. But the offense might not look so hot.

I trully think the rumors are affecting us as a fanbase rather than the team. These rumors will be put to rest in the next couple of days. Bo will have the team on track and be ready to go for the Holiday Bowl. I feel your worries, but I feel as if we are making a big deal out of some Miami Newspaper trying to stir the pot.

I trully think the rumors are affecting us as a fanbase rather than the team. These rumors will be put to rest in the next couple of days. Bo will have the team on track and be ready to go for the Holiday Bowl. I feel your worries, but I feel as if we are making a big deal out of some Miami Newspaper trying to stir the pot.

I agree, I assume that Coaching Drama will chill in the Next week or so and then we can focus. The best thing is that we have a Month (almost) to get healthy and get ready. Washington will be motivated but I don't think they have the guns to beat us.

Washington is NOT a good team. Yes, we beat the @#$@# out of them in their own house. That said . . . Washington is excited to play in the Holiday Bowl. They're angry and embarrassed about the loss to Nebraska back in September. Nebraska has regressed. Entirely too many coaching rumor distractions.

Long story short, I think Nebraska is a far better team than Washington but I am far from confident that we will win.

I live in Az. and watch the Pac-10 (without much choice thank you biased T.V.) and I'm telling you "THEY ARE WHO YOU THINK THEY ARE".. or something like that. Unless the cheer squad shows up and plays against "U-Dub", we will beat them buy at least 24. If the cheer squad plays, it's even and only because the game is being played on the west coast. So relax, pet a penguin (your avatar) and get some rest.

We're still Nebraska, and they're still Washington and that's not going to change between now and kick-off.

Allow me to put your fears to rest.

First of all, while the offense is wildly inconsistent and apparently prides itself on playing down to the level of its competition, the Blackshirts are rock steady. I strongly believe that the unit is out for pride every time they take the field and will not let ANYTHING distract them from playing at their best. UW had exactly three TDs this year: One on a blown coverage; a second that was gifted to them when CG fumbled on our own 10 yard line; and a third that was a legitimate, quality TD.

Consider that this was Levonte David's third game quarterbacking the defense. He has grown by leaps and bounds since then. Subbing Courtney Osborne for Ricky Thenarse has made our D a lot better as well. By the time the Holiday Bowl rolls around, Eric Martin will have settled into his new role as a pass rusher. I am sure that Will Compton will be in top form by then as well. In short, the monster D that already smothered Washington will be even better. You can erase at least two of those three TDs. Barring a bad turnover, I honestly don't think UW will score an offensive touchdown.

Yes, our offense sucks ass. Say what you want about his coaching, but the one thing that Watson does undeniably well is come up with a solid game plan when he has (1) tons of time to prepare, and (2) is confronting a mediocre defense. He has over three weeks to prepare for UW and they are not very strong on D. Also, we should be pretty much completely healthy by the time the game comes around.

I really think the "distractions" are overblown and, in any event, whatever minor distractions might actually linger will not be enough to overcome our superior defense and passable offense. In short, we will pound the piss out of them.

• Fire 1

It all makes sense now! Steve Sarkisian (SP?) is putting out all of these rumors to get into Huskerboard's collective heads and in turn DIRECTLY affect the team. Brilliant!

um... wouldn't that technically be INDIRECTLY affecting the team? I mean, if he is going through all the media websites, blogs, twitters and then Huskerboard to get to the team, that's not very DIRECT, is it?

Aside from the technicality I think you may be on to something. Hmmmmmm.

It all makes sense now! Steve Sarkisian (SP?) is putting out all of these rumors to get into Huskerboard's collective heads and in turn DIRECTLY affect the team. Brilliant!

um... wouldn't that technically be INDIRECTLY affecting the team? I mean, if he is going through all the media websites, blogs, twitters and then Huskerboard to get to the team, that's not very DIRECT, is it?

Aside from the technicality I think you may be on to something. Hmmmmmm.

no, i think he was referring to the indirectness being his campaign of rumors and disinformation towards huskerboard, who would then in turn will directly affect the team, since its common knowledge the posters here hold great power and sway over the football program as a whole.

like you said tho, technicalities and all that.