Vote for Herbie 2

chne1

Nice. Good work folks. Now I think we should have a strategy in the next round. We need to try to counter our strongest competition - who I think is Smokey & Buzz. Mainly b/c everyone loves animal mascots that remind them of getting wasted. So be sure to vote against these 2 wastoids to knock them out. Think of it as a public service for a drug free America. :thumbs

Who do you guys think is our strongest comp?

Up by 5000 votes, but remember keep voting.  I have a feeling the computer nerds from Umass know how to get around the voting.   ;)

http://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/capitalone/index

Yeah, I was just about to say something like that myself.......

If you look at the standings (directly by capitalone)

You will see that Sam the Minuteman was ranked second to last, coming in at 11. Herbie is ranked 4, and Buzz, from Gtech, at #1

Let's look at the facts (these are cumulative votes, as by last monday. But still, Sam's performance is radically different from the current trend)

1 Buzz buzz_small.gif Georgia Tech 2-0-0 100% 172168 Won 2

11 Sam the Minuteman sam_small.gif Univ. of Massachusetts 0-2-0 0% 133592 Lost 2

133592 votes in 2 weeks, for Sam the minute man....

but just in this last week..........

Sam has 122877 Votes this week a one, as of 11:39PM EST. (well, as of the time on my cpu).

now, let's do some math.

133592 weeks 1 + 2

122877 week 3

010715 difference

NOw...... I know that there are bigtime comebacks in football, but in voting........

What could possibly have made things turn around so quickly?

But it looks like that NU will have the highest vote total, after this week, providing we get a W. But since all mascots will play each other once (11 weeks of this, don't forget) it's a game of Ws and Ls, and not of total votes. Keep that in mind......

PS: Maybe it's from facing Joe Bruin and Smokey that Sam didn't get many votes in weeks 1 and 2, but still..... it seems kinda funny........

perhaps it's a "woman" thing, if they are voting by looks. I know women can be consitent in their voting, though not always correct. But if they just go by looks, that makes sense. And then there is the "empathy" of voting for a 0-2 nobody, I guess, lol. Not to say that Herbie is lesser-looking. But maybe it's the blue eyes...

sam_medium.gifherbie_medium.gif

I'm just speculating, though, so don't take it too seriously. And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say women are the problem, either, lol. I love women, I really do......

unfortunately....... they don't love Purdue Pete very much....

pete_medium.gifbruiser_medium.gif

55775 Votes VS 60617 Votes

Better luck next week, Pete :thumbs

PPS: heh, Bruiser from Baylor, Sam, and Big Jay, all have blue eyes. Maybe it IS a "woman" thing :woo