Potential recruits that leave UT

This could really drop a bomb on Texas. Lets say, for instance, that Muschamp pilfers some of Texas top assistants to fill roles as OC and DC at Florida. Who does Mack Brown replace them with? How many recruits were deciding between schools who will be swayed? Texas A&M could be a big beneficiary of this. Implementing a new system means another loss in the south next year to Oklahoma? Brown begins being questioned next year and they go for a new face possibly. In the end, this leads to a 2-3 year rebuilding cycle and Texas A&M as a rising program takes over the top talent recruitment in the state of Texas. They are on a precarious perch here.

This could really drop a bomb on Texas. Lets say, for instance, that Muschamp pilfers some of Texas top assistants to fill roles as OC and DC at Florida. Who does Mack Brown replace them with? How many recruits were deciding between schools who will be swayed? Texas A&M could be a big beneficiary of this. Implementing a new system means another loss in the south next year to Oklahoma? Brown begins being questioned next year and they go for a new face possibly. In the end, this leads to a 2-3 year rebuilding cycle and Texas A&M as a rising program takes over the top talent recruitment in the state of Texas. They are on a precarious perch here.

they might be... it could be one of those dan hawkins things... he was considered the 'man' at Boise and left for greener pastures... turns out Chris Peterson was really 'the man'

could expose texas and mack brown....... i hope we get josh turner out of this......

We laugh now, but the shoe has been (and will be once again, at some point) on the other foot. Almost feel bad for Texas.

If there's one thing to take from this: Head Coach in waiting, bad idea. Oklahoma lost a top OC in Kevin Wilson to Indiana, but that's just a coordinator moving on. Texas lost their DC, just like LSU lost Bo Pelini as DC a few years ago, but with Texas, it's confusing. Did they lose a coordinator or a head coach?

Let's just say that this team is broken up. The younger guys especially looked up to Muschamp as they thought he was going to take over after this year. The freshman and sophomores especially don't give 2 ----s about Mack.

Wonder why you'd ever put any head coach in this position, especially a guy as respected as Mack Brown.

they might be... it could be one of those dan hawkins things... he was considered the 'man' at Boise and left for greener pastures... turns out Chris Peterson was really 'the man'

could expose texas and mack brown....... i hope we get josh turner out of this......

I do too, but I heard that if he decommits he is going to OU

People are assuming Texas will have to rebuild, but be back to consistent 10 win seasons and top 10 finishes in 2-3 years. I doubt it. Remember, Texas was fairly average throughout the 80s and 90s. Just being Texas doesn't guarantee them anything. Mack Brown is nearing 60 and a millionaire many times over. Does he have the energy and patience left to deal with the fans' expectations during a rebuilding phase? Recruiting will take a hit this year and in years to come without Muschamp. I suspect 7-9 wins (the fairly weak Texas 10 conference helps) for the next 3-5 seasons then Brown retiring and Texas being mediocre again.

I am not even close to feeling sorry for Texas.

I am looking forward to Mac Brown stammering through another year or two of BS post-game interviews.

Just saying though, we are trying to hang on to dear life for two corner recruits as well. I don't know man. I hope we hang onto ours first.