Huskers and Adidas?

Mosskid84

I am actually more upset with the clowns that have them even in the game. They played no one with a pulse other than Stanford who played the exact same flock of losers.

I think Auburn will hang 50 on them. I hate to think that as I do not want to hear we are the SEC for another year.

Yeah, and they KILLED all those teams without pulses. Who would you put over them? Wisconsin or Ohio State? They each lost a game, and each struggled with at least one of those "without a pulse" teams.

Not to get off subject but..... stanford is the most overrated team in the country. I would take tOSU or Wisconsin over them anytime.

If a kid chooses to go to Oregon so he can be dressed like a retarded clown, we do not need him.

Does not say much for history and tradition being a sales factor I guess.

99% of the country could not tell you they were watching Oregon most of the time. Absolute crappiest looking uniforms in college football to me. They do not promote Oregon, they promote Nike.

I don't agree with the "retarded clown" sentiment. But, I do think Oregon's jerseys for the title game are the worst ones we'll see from them all season.

oregon-bcs-uni.jpg?stamp=1292346033

I concur. Stanford is, in fact, super over-rated.

I wouldn't say they're "super over-rated", just mildly over-rated, because Wisconsin or tOSU would beat them 7 out of 10 times.

I will say this though. I really wish we had Stanford's offense. While their defense has had some struggles this year, that offense is very deserving of all the cred they're getting.

I ran all the numbers on Oregon and Stanford.

Both played Arizona, winning team barely

Both played SC, winning team barely

Neither played a winning out of conf schedule.

I threw the paper away so can not check it without redoing it.

Their schedules were pathetic to say the least.

even with the cloud around him, u cant deny cam newtons ability to win. The kid has ice in his veins. Which has helped him on more than one occasion-in different arenas. Auburns D is going to do just fine against oregon. The cal game for oregon-they came out and hit them in the mouth, and met the duckies gas pedal play for play. They didnt have the horses to finish tho. That wont be the case for auburn. Both teams have a tendency of finishing strong. I think it will be a good game until the fourth. Then auburns might coupled with cam's dazzle takes over. I also believe its going to be a game you'll want to take the under on.

If its Adidas vs Nike. Adidas all the way. Nike is all name and flash and nothing else.

I would love to see flashback uniforms more often but it doesn't matter who's making the jerseys. obiously Adidas will make flashback's if the university asks them to.

Personally, I wouldn't mind see this come back :snacks:

Weir.jpg

Let's just go back to the Russell Athletic jerseys we had in '94.

I had always remembered the coaches uniforms were from a company called Apex so when I saw your post I had to look it up on Google and came across this: jersey history

Its interesting actually. I never knew or noticed that Nebraska players were wearing two different jerseys in the Orange Bowl vs Miami!

Also, Russell Athletic may have made the players' unis up through '94 but the coaches wore Apex before that. here's a pic from 1993.

And a pic from 1994 with RA on the players and Apex on Osborne: both logos

Its really amazing how the company making the jerseys is such a big deal now. just look at this thread! a decade and 1/2 ago the logos were practically hidden.

If its Adidas vs Nike. Adidas all the way. Nike is all name and flash and nothing else.

I would love to see flashback uniforms more often but it doesn't matter who's making the jerseys. obiously Adidas will make flashback's if the university asks them to.

Personally, I wouldn't mind see this come back :snacks:

Weir.jpg

Let's just go back to the Russell Athletic jerseys we had in '94.

I had always remembered the coaches uniforms were from a company called Apex so when I saw your post I had to look it up on Google and came across this: jersey history

Its interesting actually. I never knew or noticed that Nebraska players were wearing two different jerseys in the Orange Bowl vs Miami!

Also, Russell Athletic may have made the players' unis up through '94 but the coaches wore Apex before that. here's a pic from 1993.

And a pic from 1994 with RA on the players and Apex on Osborne: both logos

Its really amazing how the company making the jerseys is such a big deal now. just look at this thread! a decade and 1/2 ago the logos were practically hidden.

From link provided above...

Thus, Glen Abbott received two complete sets of Orange Bowl jerseys and he gave two jerseys to each player and he let the players decide which uniform they wanted to wear. Therefore, you see two styles of jersey in this game. And, some players wore one jersey in the first half and the other jersey in the second half.

I've never heard this before. Obviously changing jerseys or wearing slightly different jersey than the next guy didn't hinder the team's focus...thank goodness.

Also from link above...

All season long, Nebraska had fumble issues and the team set new records for the amount of fumbles in one year. At the end of the season, Nebraska was edged out of playing in the national championship game against Florida State because of the one loss at Texas. Instead, undefeated Virginia Tech was given the opportunity to play for the title with their talented Quarterback Michael Vick. Nebraska played Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl and won that game and ended the year ranked #2 in the coaches poll and #3 in the AP poll.

After the season, Head Coach Frank Solich was extremely upset with the fumbles and so he went to Glen Abbott, the Head Equipment Manager and told him to change back to Screen Printed Numbers on the jersey's. Coach Solich felt the slick silk tack twilled numbers on the jerseys accounted for part of the reason that Nebraska was having a hard time holding onto the ball. As you look at the jerseys from 1999 you can clearly see that the silk tack twilled lettering, although it looks great, it is more slick. So, Solich was trying to do everything he could to correct the fumble problem which cost Nebraska the opportunity to play for a National Title in 1999.

This is news to me as well. Kinda makes you wonder if our jerseys this year are partly to blame for all the fumbles. Hmmmm....

Wisconsin for sure, even TCU as far as I am concerned.

Oregon was lucky at California to.

They truly played no one. They beat Washington at their house, with Locker out, by less than we did. They are the media darlings replacing SC as far as I am concerned. I do not think anyone in the Pac10 this year is that great. I doubt Oregon or Stanford would have the records they have if they played in any other major conference.

There offensive gimmick is basiclly cheating as far as I am concerned. But I know it is legal. It is like a street fight where one guy gets hit before he expects anything. Legal, just not fair. My guess is they will look at it, but doubt it changes. Oklahoma uses it some to.

I think it will be a Auburn runaway. This will be the largest spread in awhile in the NC game.

They are too small to play with a very fast SEC defense or talented offense. I do not think the Auburn kids will run out of juice.

In honesty I hope I am totally wrong. Listening to the SEC/Finebuam idiots rant about 5 years is more than I can bear.

Wow - don't really know what to say here. Most of what you say could be taken as a dig to Bo and the Huskers. Isn't their offensive gimmick (which you say is cheating) - the offense we are trying to adopt? So we're going to be cheaters?

And lucky to beat Cal? Their QB was 10/28 for 69 yards. They had 120 yards of rushing. When you hold a team to 193 total yards of offense and win...that's not luck, that's called good defense...something Nebraska has relied on for 2 seasons now. Just because our offense can't score are all our wins now considered luck?

And you realize that Oregon's schedule is ranked #19 while Wisconsin's ranked #71, TCU's #80, Ohio State's #68 right? The entire basis for your argument is that they played no one...yet the very teams you think should replace them REALLY played no one. Since you're probably the same type of guy that says Boise State doesn't deserve to ever play in a title game I'll put it into persepective for you - Boise's schedule is ranked #70. Should they be in the title game instead?

I think there is a part of all Husker fans who don't want to see change because that's who we are. We are conservative and don't like a lot of new, fancy looking things. I wouldn't mind if we switched over to Nike because they make great, quality clothing and have been for years. It's not a slight to Adidas, but Nike is simply better and players like Nike a lot more than Adidas. As for the uniform changes, I wouldn't be opposed to having 1 alternate uniform. What's so wrong with that? Maybe when a big game is coming up or when we play Iowa at the end of the year, we can bust out some sick alternates for a little more motivation. Remember when Georgia pulled out the black jerseys a few years ago and destroyed whoever they played. (Can't remember who, Bama?) I definitely don't want a black alternate jersey, that is reserved for the defensive starters. An offensive player wearing that would be ridiculous. I liked the retro jerseys last year, maybe bring those back. I hate to be a stereotypical nebraskan, but maybe throw it a corn pattern somewhere like florida does with the gator skin or miami did with the palm trees. Just brainstorming.

They truly played no one. They beat Washington at their house, with Locker out, by less than we did. They are the media darlings replacing SC as far as I am concerned. I do not think anyone in the Pac10 this year is that great. I doubt Oregon or Stanford would have the records they have if they played in any other major conference.

There offensive gimmick is basiclly cheating as far as I am concerned. But I know it is legal. It is like a street fight where one guy gets hit before he expects anything. Legal, just not fair. My guess is they will look at it, but doubt it changes. Oklahoma uses it some to.

I think it will be a Auburn runaway. This will be the largest spread in awhile in the NC game.

They are too small to play with a very fast SEC defense or talented offense. I do not think the Auburn kids will run out of juice.

In honesty I hope I am totally wrong. Listening to the SEC/Finebuam idiots rant about 5 years is more than I can bear.

Wow - don't really know what to say here. Most of what you say could be taken as a dig to Bo and the Huskers. Isn't their offensive gimmick (which you say is cheating) - the offense we are trying to adopt? So we're going to be cheaters?

And lucky to beat Cal? Their QB was 10/28 for 69 yards. They had 120 yards of rushing. When you hold a team to 193 total yards of offense and win...that's not luck, that's called good defense...something Nebraska has relied on for 2 seasons now. Just because our offense can't score are all our wins now considered luck?

And you realize that Oregon's schedule is ranked #19 while Wisconsin's ranked #71, TCU's #80, Ohio State's #68 right? The entire basis for your argument is that they played no one...yet the very teams you think should replace them REALLY played no one. Since you're probably the same type of guy that says Boise State doesn't deserve to ever play in a title game I'll put it into persepective for you - Boise's schedule is ranked #70. Should they be in the title game instead?

Just curious as to where you got your SOS rankings

Not sure how Sagarin's formula spit out that Oregon had the 19th strongest schedule, they played one team that won more than 8 games, and only one team in the Sagarin top 25.

Nebraska played #6, #9, #12 and #13 in the Sagarin ratings and is considered as the 28th toughest schedule? Sagarin's formula loves the Pac 10 for some reason, he ranks Oregon State as having the toughest schedule at #1, Washington as #2, Washington State as #3, UCLA as #4, Cal as #5, Arizona State as #6, USC as #7, Stanford as #10, Arizona as #12 and Oregon as 19th

Jeff Sagarin's formula has the Pac 10 as the best conference in the country which is an absolute joke. Basically it rewards a conference for having 2 top teams, 7 mediocre teams and 1 really bad team.