Huskers and Adidas?

Mosskid84

No way. I hope we never switch to Nike.... ever. If we did, we'd have to change our uniforms.

We'd have to change them? Like Penn State, USC and Alabama have changed theirs?

Anyway, to answer the question, Nebraska's contract was signed in 2006 for 8 years, it will exprire in 2013.

Dunno about PS and Bama, but USC did. And I don't ever want to see Nebraska in a God-Awful Pro combat uni. They're all hideous.

Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg

And I gotta admit the pro combat throwbacks for tOSU have been amazing the last 2 years.

I think that the Missouri jerseys are pretty BA

And the pro combat throwback jerseys for tOSU have been amazing in their last 2 meetings with Michigan.

KLBlog+639.jpg

ohio_state_hero_low_res.jpg

This year's were better.... but they're still very "meh."

Nike would be nice, and you know Tom would say the only alternate jerseys we would wear would be throwbacks... which are awesome when done by Nike.

Also, of the past 13 BCS national championship games, only ONE team has won that has not been sponsored by Nike (Tennessee in 1998) and they were the ONLY team not sponsored by Nike to even APPEAR in the game until this year with Auburn (Under Armor). Statistically, Nike wins championships.

LOL seriously the players play the game not the sponsers. Let me guess the past 10 Heismans won because they all wore Riddell helmets?!?!

Stay with Adidas and our uniforms. I like TCU's and Mizzous Nike combat pro uni's but those are those schools that lack the tradition that Nebraska possesses.

it would be a lot easier to find apparel if we were Nike. Right now addidas produces a couple polos, and that's about as far as they go. Nike would be better, and things would be more available to those of us that can't run down to the bookstore. Estes Park, CO has 3 times the Husker shops as KC does. (not being sarcastic here, they really do)

Uh, you realize that availability has nothing to do with the apparel maker, right? Adidas makes a ridiculous amount of Nebraska stuff. Look online, it's everywhere.

Wasn't their talk of Adidas making their own "pro combat" jersey to compete with Nike? I thought I had heard that their was a chance they would do that to Husker jersey as an alternate to stay competitve.

they dont look any different. They are not trying to copy pro combats they are just 30& percent lighter than they used to be

Just my two cents....What is it with Nebraska fans and tradition, when it comes to small things like this? I get it; I understand the history of this program, but seriously, these are just jerseys we're talking about. Nike jerseys have the "cool" factor, or at least when it comes to the younger generations; especially the players themselves. It'd be sweet to do something totally different with these Nike Pro jerseys for a game. It's also another recruiting tool to have Nike jerseys, and the one game special jerseys Nike does for certain team gives that team more exposure.

Nike would be nice, and you know Tom would say the only alternate jerseys we would wear would be throwbacks... which are awesome when done by Nike.

Also, of the past 13 BCS national championship games, only ONE team has won that has not been sponsored by Nike (Tennessee in 1998) and they were the ONLY team not sponsored by Nike to even APPEAR in the game until this year with Auburn (Under Armor). Statistically, Nike wins championships.

LOL seriously the players play the game not the sponsers. Let me guess the past 10 Heismans won because they all wore Riddell helmets?!?!

Stay with Adidas and our uniforms. I like TCU's and Mizzous Nike combat pro uni's but those are those schools that lack the tradition that Nebraska possesses.

This is a ridiculous discussion. The statistic of BCS champs are having apparel supplied by Nike is stupid. Nike is everywhere in college world. Yes some have switch over from Nike to Adidas or Under Armour but Id say 75% of FBS schools have a Nike contract.

Anybody that thinks Nebraska will switch to Nike for their apparel can keep dreaming that dream, it will never happen unless Nebraska gets extremely pissed at Adidas. Interseting fact..... Nebraska was one of the first(if not the first) Universities to sign an "exculsive apparel contract" for all sports back in 1994 with a shoe company, Adidas was the lucky bidder.

Just my two cents....What is it with Nebraska fans and tradition, when it comes to small things like this? I get it; I understand the history of this program, but seriously, these are just jerseys we're talking about. Nike jerseys have the "cool" factor, or at least when it comes to the younger generations; especially the players themselves. It'd be sweet to do something totally different with these Nike Pro jerseys for a game. It's also another recruiting tool to have Nike jerseys, and the one game special jerseys Nike does for certain team gives that team more exposure.

Because it's just a gimmick. Last time I checked, gimmicks don't win titles.

Because it's just a gimmick. Last time I checked, gimmicks don't win titles.

Yeah, it's a gimmick. But this type of "gimmick" doesn't lose titles either. It has nothing to do with titles. It's just something fun, especially for the players.

This is a ridiculous discussion. The statistic of BCS champs are having apparel supplied by Nike is stupid. Nike is everywhere in college world. Yes some have switch over from Nike to Adidas or Under Armour but Id say 75% of FBS schools have a Nike contract.

Anybody that thinks Nebraska will switch to Nike for their apparel can keep dreaming that dream, it will never happen unless Nebraska gets extremely pissed at Adidas. Interseting fact..... Nebraska was one of the first(if not the first) Universities to sign an "exculsive apparel contract" for all sports back in 1994 with a shoe company, Adidas was the lucky bidder.

This is not true, the exclusive contract did not get signed until 2005.

http://journalstar.c...ceeb551745.html

The deal was negotiated over the last 10 months by NU associate athletic director Paul Miles, a former Nike executive. it encompasses all 23 varsity sports at Nebraska for the first time.

Currently, Nebraska has an agreement with adidas for football only. Head coaches in several other sports at NU had their own compensation and apparel deals with the company.

All will be rolled into the new contract, under which Nebraska will bring in an additional $600,000 in cash and $500,000 in apparel and footwear in the first year.

Adidas will also pay Nebraska a $1.5 million signing bonus once the deal has been approved by the NU Board of Regents.

This is not true, the exclusive contract did not get signed until 2005.

http://journalstar.c...ceeb551745.html

The deal was negotiated over the last 10 months by NU associate athletic director Paul Miles, a former Nike executive. it encompasses all 23 varsity sports at Nebraska for the first time.

Currently, Nebraska has an agreement with adidas for football only. Head coaches in several other sports at NU had their own compensation and apparel deals with the company.

All will be rolled into the new contract, under which Nebraska will bring in an additional $600,000 in cash and $500,000 in apparel and footwear in the first year.

Adidas will also pay Nebraska a $1.5 million signing bonus once the deal has been approved by the NU Board of Regents.

Yea ur right it was just football in 1994 or 1995. I was going off my memory which sometimes fails me. I remember it was a big deal back then on signing an apparel contract with a shoe company.

It took till 2005 to get an "all sport" contract with adidas, wow!

I am not into the flashing blue light specials of Oregon uniforms. No use of the school colors. Loyalty to addias is something that should be considered. They have been loyal to us.

I never want to see a black uniform on the field at Nebraska. I could never think of a reason for it to be done. I am sick of the gangster black crap.