how many of you just go to the tail gate & pre game

bigg10

how many of you just go to the tail gate, pre game then go watch it on tv? I want to go down there next year but I would suspect coming into a new conference will bring fans out in droves and tickets might be hard to get ahold of. So I am wondering what can a guy expect if he cant get tickets? Places to hang out ect. Might just have to go to tail gate then to inlaws.

there are a ton of great places to watch the game near the stadium. A TON. Not including tailgates with big screens that are always welcoming to new friends. I go to lincoln 4-5 times a year and only go into the games 2-3. Depends on what youre looking for i guess. Theres bars with dj's that play music/fight songs during breaks in the action, the track right outside the stadium that plays the game feed on its big screen and has lots of family oriented stuff going on, the stadium club that plays it on multiple tvs, beer tents in the tailgating area that play it...on and on and on.

the tailgating is okay. The problem is its not all in one centralized spot. Which i kind of like-ive got friends that tailgate throughout the various lots from south of O all the way to haymarket and the bottoms. I move from one to the next, and theres bars in between. If you have ADD like me its actually quite perfect.

the tailgating is okay. The problem is its not all in one centralized spot. Which i kind of like-ive got friends that tailgate throughout the various lots from south of O all the way to haymarket and the bottoms. I move from one to the next, and theres bars in between. If you have ADD like me its actually quite perfect.

Looks like I need to hit you up next time I go to a game. I don't have ADD, but I like to mingle.

Cool thanks for the info and ideas. We both have lived many places before meeting each other and tend to be able to find where "we belong" pretty fast. We'll be easy to spot as my better half is a husker fan, who is VERY VERY outspoken, and given the correct amount of humm.... shall we say inspiration has been known to be quite ummm... shay we say entertaining. Never a dull moment, for two older people.

Personally I try to avoid going down to the stadium just to tailgate and party. Between the traffic and crap ton of people their its just not worth the hassle if your not going to the game, atleast to me anyways. I always avoid the first game of the year cause it basically amateur night, everybody is all jacked up for the game and cant control their alcohol. Dont get me wrong, I get boozed up and fired up for the game, but I dont become that annoying guy everybody cant stand. My ultimate intent is to watch the game without a whole lot of distractions, especially the bigger games. When I do go and tailgate its because I have a ticket or intend on getting a ticket.

Personally I try to avoid going down to the stadium just to tailgate and party. Between the traffic and crap ton of people their its just not worth the hassle if your not going to the game, atleast to me anyways. I always avoid the first game of the year cause it basically amateur night, everybody is all jacked up for the game and cant control their alcohol. Dont get me wrong, I get boozed up and fired up for the game, but I dont become that annoying guy everybody cant stand. My ultimate intent is to watch the game without a whole lot of distractions, especially the bigger games. When I do go and tailgate its because I have a ticket or intend on getting a ticket.

mmm hmmmm... sounds like every other obnoxious drunken buffoon. "HWERH, SCREW THAAS MAYNNN.... I'M NOT CAUSON ANY TROUBLE, YOU JUS DONT KNOW HOW TA HAVEA GOODTIME"

;)

hows your down in front training coming? ;)

how many people pass out at tailgates and dont even watch the game?

Watched a guy do just exactly that! Face first right into the concrete, his buddies put him into thier van and went on in. Bad part was it was at the Iowa Jam in the middle of summer and it was like 103 that day. Gotta just kinda chill, have a few beers, grill out and watch football. Kinda the point to it all, is'nt it?

hows your down in front training coming? ;)

It just pisses me off when people come down to the stadium just to party and get hammered just to be a part of atmosphere. They prob dont even have a clue on what team we are playing. Im not trying to bag on the tailgaters, its what they do and i have no problem with that.