Fire Steve Pederson

hzkr

Just like Harvey Perlman did at Nebraska, Pitt chancellor Nordenberg needs to complete a clean sweep of Pitt football by giving Pederson his walking papers and letting him know he will never be welcomed back to Pitt.

The thing is Perlman and Nordenberg are at-fault too, they both hired this guy. I can't believe Pitt made the same exact mistake that Perlman did. Wouldn't you investigate the whole issue as to why he is gone from Nebraska? In my book, both are as much at fault as Pederson.

Just like Harvey Perlman did at Nebraska, Pitt chancellor Nordenberg needs to complete a clean sweep of Pitt football by giving Pederson his walking papers and letting him know he will never be welcomed back to Pitt.

The thing is Perlman and Nordenberg are at-fault too, they both hired this guy. I can't believe Pitt made the same exact mistake that Perlman did. Wouldn't you investigate the whole issue as to why he is gone from Nebraska? In my book, both are as much at fault as Pederson.

I'm sure there's a fair amount of legal issues surrounding any such "investigation". Just like a prior employer can only confirm your past employment status and dates. They can't give a review of your performance or in any way negatively impact your chance at a job. Plus, Peterson did a solid job for Pitt the first time around. IMO he's better w/ the business aspect of the position than the "people" aspect of it. He's a bad judge of character. From an infrastructure improvement and $$ standpoint (which frankly is what concerns these presidents most)...he's fairly solid.

Forgive me for asking, but what is Pitt's 'long, storied past' in football? :P

Ever hear of a guy by the name of Pop Warner? Ever hear of Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Mike Ditka or Larry Fitzgerald?

Pitt actually claims nine MNC's ( :rolleyes: ). They were a lot like Notre Dame in the first half of the last century, but unlike the Irish, Pitt didn't maintain their power and they rose and fell several times. They were pretty good in the 1970s and had decent seasons here and there over the past 30 years.

Pitt is one of the "old school" programs that made college football pretty great in its infancy. They're not in the same league as Michigan, Notre Dame or Oklahoma, but they have a lot of fans that remember "the glory days" and they believe they're relevant in the overall pantheon of college football greats. Pitt has 663 wins and ranks in the top 20 all-time.

• Fire 1

Ever hear of a guy by the name of Pop Warner? Ever hear of Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Mike Ditka or Larry Fitzgerald?

Pitt actually claims nine MNC's ( :rolleyes: ). They were a lot like Notre Dame in the first half of the last century, but unlike the Irish, Pitt didn't maintain their power and they rose and fell several times. They were pretty good in the 1970s and had decent seasons here and there over the past 30 years.

Pitt is one of the "old school" programs that made college football pretty great in its infancy. They're not in the same league as Michigan, Notre Dame or Oklahoma, but they have a lot of fans that remember "the glory days" and they believe they're relevant in the overall pantheon of college football greats. Pitt has 663 wins and ranks in the top 20 all-time.

Mark May, is that you??

:)

I looked it up earlier and was wowed. Really had no idea, shows what I know!

Sounds like they have only had one good decade or so in the whole of the modern era of the game, though :P Those fans must be oooooooooooooooooooooooooold. But, I really did not give them enough credit. I guess I am only going about recent memory history. It's like a few years ago when I thought Cal always sucked, based on how we beat them 45-3. Heck, I was younger and less educated about NU-OU history in the mid-90s, and thought they were a team that always sucked and we steamrolled all the time. We had a good couple years on them.

Mark May, is that you??

:)

:laughpound

I'm sure there's a fair amount of legal issues surrounding any such "investigation". Just like a prior employer can only confirm your past employment status and dates. They can't give a review of your performance or in any way negatively impact your chance at a job. Plus, Peterson did a solid job for Pitt the first time around. IMO he's better w/ the business aspect of the position than the "people" aspect of it. He's a bad judge of character. From an infrastructure improvement and $$ standpoint (which frankly is what concerns these presidents most)...he's fairly solid.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "investigate". Honestly with the attention that Pederson got at Nebraska all he would have had to do is look at how the Nebraska Football team performed with him as AD under his watch and the news stories surrounding it and they should have known.