Anyone here coach?

bigg10

I'm going to school to be a high school football coach. I've helped coach younger kids before and it's second to none. I've known that I want to coach high school football since I was a freshman in high school...nothing beats teaching young men the game and not it's not even all about the game...it's about life and how the same principles that are important in the game of football can carry over to your life. I'm ready to graduate and get to work.

Of course, with coaching comes the nuisance of parents that are always in your ear because their kid is the next Johnny Unitas and doesn't see the field enough, but hey, it's part of the gig. Stressful, sure, but lots of intangible reward to be had....and if you're good enough at it, lots of tangible benjamins to be had.

When I lived in Texas I coached pee wee football for 9 years. PM me with any questions you have and I can sure try to answer them. First rule of thumb, get used to parents and especially dad's complaining about their kid's playing time and why they aren't the QB!

That hasn't been my experience at all, but my kids are 12-14.

i dont coach, but have a little nugget that huskerboard might find interesting.

Nick Krenk, the random walk-on former team manager basketball player for Doc Sadler is now the basketball coach at Johnson-Brock high school. Theyre 7-0 and just won the Peru Holiday Tourney which featured teams from several states.

Some older Husker fans might remember his dad, Mitch. His youngest son Trevor is the biggest of them all and plays for his brother at Johnson-Brock. Nick was an assistant and Trevor a tight end for their undefeated football team as well. They werent eligible for the post-season this year as they are making the transition from 8 man to 11 man.

Dont be surprised to see Trevor walk-on at Nebraska and one day make an impact like his old man. Trevor is # 20 in this pic, and Nick is, well, the balding guy in the center. 156903_180850675260352_100000062616060_681765_7711771_n.jpg

i dont coach, but have a little nugget that huskerboard might find interesting.

Nick Krenk, the random walk-on former team manager basketball player for Doc Sadler is now the basketball coach at Johnson-Brock high school. Theyre 7-0 and just won the Peru Holiday Tourney which featured teams from several states.

Some older Husker fans might remember his dad, Mitch. His youngest son Trevor is the biggest of them all and plays for his brother at Johnson-Brock. Nick was an assistant and Trevor a tight end for their undefeated football team as well. They werent eligible for the post-season this year as they are making the transition from 8 man to 11 man.

Dont be surprised to see Trevor walk-on at Nebraska and one day make an impact like his old man. Trevor is # 20 in this pic, and Nick is, well, the balding guy in the center. 156903_180850675260352_100000062616060_681765_7711771_n.jpg

I was on the basketball team with Nick in High School. He was one heck of a shooter let me tell ya. His dad, Mitch, was a heck of an athlete as well. I played him a few times in leagues and that whole family are great competitors. Hopefully Trevor gets on the football team, because I think he would be a solid get for the Huskers. Good to see Nick is doing well coaching...I always thought he would be a good coach.

I was on the basketball team with Nick in High School. He was one heck of a shooter let me tell ya. His dad, Mitch, was a heck of an athlete as well. I played him a few times in leagues and that whole family are great competitors. Hopefully Trevor gets on the football team, because I think he would be a solid get for the Huskers. Good to see Nick is doing well coaching...I always thought he would be a good coach.

I know what you mean. I grew up playing them all. Nick and I would shoot it out with everything from basketballs to bottle rockets. Mitch is my uncle, Judy is my dad's sister. ;)

More food for thought from a Killer Cacti thread

Coaching little kids

HAHAHA...not the best thread to show...

Yes but do you still or will you still coach?

Absolutely. I loved the kids, and they were great kids, just not very good at the game of football.

In hindsight, just make sure you discipline them from the second they step onto the field.

Discipline means setting proper expectations up front, letting the players and parents hear them at the same time and following through and remaining consistent by telling players what they should be doing and not yelling at them.

Remember it's a game, if it's strugle to get to and through a practice, it's not for you. I coached basketball for three years as a teacher and hated it. Coached football for 8 years and played football for 11 years and loved it.