Ohio State suspensions

I loved this one.

On Twitter on Wednesday night, Pryor posted, "I paid for my tattoos. GoBucks"

Oh really Terrelle? Maybe with this money?

Pryor must repay $2,500 for selling his 2008 Big Ten championship ring, a 2009 Fiesta Bowl sportsmanship award and his 2008 Gold Pants, a gift from the university.

GO $2500 BUCKS.

so will pryor start his first game back against Nebraska??

Bauserman was in the minors playing baseball and has been basically 3rd string ever since. He's only attempted 22 passes this year. Graham, their freshman QB is injury prone. Guiton/Siems won't provide any sort of competition. They have the #1 dual threat QB committed right now, but I'd love to see him go up against the Blackshirts.

If Pryor is here, I'd have to think he's be head and shoulders above the rest even rusty. They are really thin at QB behind him. Makes our depth look like a dream. They haven't even had a QB in a couple of their recent classes. Expect to see them pick up a JUCO QB and quick.

you do what you need to do to survive, especially when you are a a broke college kid. Pryor sold things that legally belonged to him to help his mother (according to his high school coach). no crimes were committed.

he had money to pay for his tattoos though.

I do not understand the NCAA.

Cam Newton asside, what they did is not allowed - and if permitted it would open up the doors to pay players through merchandise and other products. If you knew that every time Oklahoma won the Big12 South the Big12 south ring was valued at $35,000 and you could sell that...but nebraska rings run around $500 which college would you choose? Before long USC would be giving $100,000 conferenc championship rings, and $50,000 participation awards to all their players.

Why do you think this is ok?

• Fire 1

so will pryor start his first game back against Nebraska??

nah he will just go to the Draft. If he did come back it would hurt his position cause he would only be able to play in 7-9 games his senior year. He said he would come back but before all this happened.

Too bad, would have loved to add his name to the Blackshirt's QB wall of shame haha

you do what you need to do to survive, especially when you are a a broke college kid. Pryor sold things that legally belonged to him to help his mother (according to his high school coach). no crimes were committed.

Cam Newton asside, what they did is not allowed - and if permitted it would open up the doors to pay players through merchandise and other products. If you knew that every time Oklahoma won the Big12 South the Big12 south ring was valued at $35,000 and you could sell that...but nebraska rings run around $500 which college would you choose? Before long USC would be giving $100,000 conferenc championship rings, and $50,000 participation awards to all their players.

Athletes are dominated, managed, and controlled; do not receive a wage commensurate with their contribution to economic returns; are sometimes mistreated physically and mentally; are denied the rights and freedoms of other citizens; and have no real democratic recourse in an unjust system.

My link

to many B10 fans..Its not like its tressel first scrape with investigators...Theyve been paying players in Columbus for years..theyve just gotten creative about it..Tressel is FAR from being a saint...its amazing how ones relative's CAR situation improves once the dotted line has been signed.....just sayin

Didn't Maurice Clarett get a Hummer?

Athletes are dominated, managed, and controlled; do not receive a wage commensurate with their contribution to economic returns; are sometimes mistreated physically and mentally; are denied the rights and freedoms of other citizens; and have no real democratic recourse in an unjust system.

My link

You read all those conspiracy theorist emails that get forwarded around too huh?

My link

You read all those conspiracy theorist emails that get forwarded around too huh?

???

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's just a straightforward essay on the dark side of college sports. It's pretty tough to deny the overtones of slavery. Seriously, I love college football, but every time I'm in Memorial Stadium there are about 30 seconds where I remove myself from that atmosphere and think something to the extent of, "This must be what Romans were like watching their prisoners fight to the death in the Coliseum." It's kind of disturbing...