Rooting for the B10

the only team that doesnt need rooting for...ill root for. I rooted for mizzou as well tho...im taking this rivalry thing seriously, as i went to high school for a stretch in hawkeye land. Happily enough during our home and home with them, but still...the general knowledge gained of the hawkeye fanbase vs nebraska during that time period has never ever allowed me to root for them. I look forward to the rest of husker nation finding out the general wtf-ness of iowa fans.

Well last B10/B12 id TT/NW. Nw hasnt won a bowl forever, the game is in TT back yard and NW is without qb Persa, so that will be a tough one for them. Now we have to take it to the sec.

That said, Since I already feel Nu is part of the B10, I will be watching (from NE actually)so let me try this out and see how it feels

GO BIG RED

2-0 so far against the B12. NW is likely a loss since they lost their QB.

The match ups agains the SEC don't look too favorable. B10 will be lucky with a split. I see Wisc beating TCU. I say 4-4 record for B10. I think that is pretty good considering the B10 always has the toughest Bowl match-ups. Example The ACC has played Big East, CUSA and Air Force (WAC?).

I dont think OK needs any fans to show up at all. If they cant win, B12 losses all credibility.

I think Wisc, imposes thier will, runs the ball at will and controls the clock.

I think Nu's game is interesting, fans dont want to be there, players will be hard to get inspired, Wash has something to prove. We will see if Bo can fire them up, we will know 5 min in. I think Nu wins it but I have to wonder if Wash wont put a scare on for a little bit anyway.

the only team that doesnt need rooting for...ill root for. I rooted for mizzou as well tho...im taking this rivalry thing seriously, as i went to high school for a stretch in hawkeye land. Happily enough during our home and home with them, but still...the general knowledge gained of the hawkeye fanbase vs nebraska during that time period has never ever allowed me to root for them. I look forward to the rest of husker nation finding out the general wtf-ness of iowa fans.

Amen todd, Amen... the rest of Husker Nation will soon know what you are talking about. As for myself, I am having a heck of a time rooting for the B10 in the bowl games. I found myself almost rooting for missou on tuesday, and i HATE them. Maybe I hate iowa more?

It's going to be a tough transition for me to make. Tough to go from calling it the "mediocre 11", to the "best conference in the country."

I think the addition of a 12th team helps validate the league by the installation of a championship game. A clear cut, true champion is something the B10 has been lacking (for i don't even know how long.) How many 2,3, or 4 way ties have there been in the last 20 years? With the biggest loser getting the tiebreaker to go to the Rose Bowl? That's ridiculous. A Championship should be won on the field, not through the interpretation of rules and tie breakers. There have been several 2nd or 3rd place B10 teams that have received an at large BCS bid as a direct result of not having to play a championship game. I think this is a big reason for my disdain for the B10 up to this point.... Can anyone help get me over the hump? I'll get there in time, but for now I can't bring myself to root for the B10 like we are one of them.... Cuz we are not. I hope the new B10 will feel like home someday soon.

As for now, time to crack another beer. We are 15 minutes from bludgeoning UW..... GBR!!

:bigredn: