Is Bo really head coach?

Husker66

I think the better question is who's career from Youngstown will Bo's career more image Bob or Mike Stoops? There's a lot of people at OU that would give their left leg to get Mike back as OU's DC. I have no idea how close TO holds the strings to Bo or if he even does hold the strings. However, we do know that TO basically overrode $ Bill Byrne's decision back in the day when his replacement was to be found. Assuming Bo has complete control over his staff, I think it would be somewhat easy to assume that if Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore are retained that Bo had a lot more to do with the offense than most think.

The other thing that needs to happen aside from the obvious coaching changes of Watsgrove/Cotton/Gilmore is that the person he brings in needs to be allowed to run a system and make decisions. On the one hand this Martinez debacle is entirely at Bo's feet. If the rumors are true and he more or less forced this unprepared amateur on the team, he made one bad decision. But it was only bad in context. The context being he wants to run a system his doofus of a coordinator cannot run and has no experience running in the first place.

Find a guy who knows how to construct and design a full spread-option attack. Period. Our season might have been glorious had it not been for Bo's deranged devotion to a square peg/round hole philosophy.

Hammer meet nail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!