T-Magic

macroboy

Why is everyone so obsessed with Carnes? We have seen ZERO playtime on this kid, just reports from practice. I can understand all the hype if we had seen some game experience, but half the people on here make him seem like he's Mike Vick. If he was better than Martinez, he would have started, or at the very least, not been redshirted

Why is everyone so obsessed with Carnes? We have seen ZERO playtime on this kid, just reports from practice. I can understand all the hype if we had seen some game experience, but half the people on here make him seem like he's Mike Vick. If he was better than Martinez, he would have started, or at the very least, not been redshirted

Carnes was too small and inexperienced in the offense to play any meaningful role in the offense this year. He has progressed well from all reports.

TM was playing HS ball last yr., he was hurt half the yr. and still is and I think the speed of the college game took him by suprise once we started playing fast defenses. I want to see him start next yr. and see if he learned anything but if he fails again next yr. then its time for a change.

TM was playing HS ball last yr., he was hurt half the yr. and still is and I think the speed of the college game took him by suprise once we started playing fast defenses. I want to see him start next yr. and see if he learned anything but if he fails again next yr. then its time for a change.

Taylor was playing our our scout team at WR last year.

Was Taylor even suppose to be starting QB this year? Zac should of started but he was injured

Zac was fine in fall camp, all 3 QB's graded out "closely" in Watson's book, but Green was the player he was likely to go with. Taylor made Bo's defense look bad in fall camp with his legs (mobile quarterbacks have always given Bo fits) and Bo decided to go with Taylor.

Zac did not get injured until the Missouri game.

source? do we know for a fact if TM was Bo's pick?.......or was he Watson's wet dream?

I think its way too hard to talk about this right now. It will be interesting to watch it all play out, especially if we have a coaching change at the quaterback position. Its a strong possibilty that the reason for the lack of development of quaterbacks is because of the same reason for the lack of fire power on offense: SHAWN WATSON. We have as much talent as anyone else in the country at the quaterback position but we embaressed ourselves last night on the national level.

the reason that i'm excited about carnes is that he actually played quarterback for four years at the highest classification. there is no doubt what his position is and he did not spend his redshirt year at receiver.

I really didn't see anything other than the dumb underhand tosses to get rid of the ball that was that bad last night. He's a better passer than Green. The OL might as well have laid down each time the ball was snapped. Maybe they could have at least tripped one of the three defenders rushing. His ball security has been poor this year, but then again just about everyone that touched the ball for Nebraska this year had ball security problems. Give him even an adequate OL, and we should be fine next year.

You were not watching the same game that I was. Wasn't it interesting that the OL blocked better for CG than TM? Could it be that CG can slide the protection and make better pre-snap reads than TM? Yes. To say TM is a better passer than CG is a stretch.

Didn't Cody green get sacked to? And if it wasn't for the Oline holding he would of got hit in the end zone but insted they were called on it resulting in a penalty and a safety. Cody was lobbin the ball around. His passes wernt that great. It basically a argument of who sucked the worse. Yea Tmart had a poor performance. So did a lot of other players. If you look at Washington Jake locker didn't complete a pass in the first half. But they still found a way to put points up. The team played horrible. I think a lot of the offensive problems.(ball security, Oline blocking, catching, penaltys, and passing) so basically the fundamentals of an offense. So I ask from when we beat the crap out of Washington and now. What changed?

Cody was thrown in a tough situation in the last quarter of the game with a two-score deficit to work with, from the 1-yard line, coming off the bench. For sure he was not sharp and took a sack, was a bit late on his throws, and missed some. But he showed enough competency as a quarterback that should make you wonder what if, if we had gotten behind him and worked with him for all of the past month.

It is not comparable at all to Taylor who was just epicly bad. Green had some rust to shake, some uphill battles, and some struggles. Taylor had...well, not sure what in the world you ought to call that. The broken plays and w-t-f sacks, are just getting to be a theme. The straight-to-defender flips ... well that was something new.

Actually, I take that back. I don't even think that is new. :(

It's hard to really gauge if Martinez is our future at QB. The last 3 games he played (A&M, OU, & UW) he was constantly put in situations that did not fit his style. At this point in his career he is not a drop-back passer!!!!! What would people of thought of Sam Bradford, if OU would have had him running the triple option? I never understood why on 3rd and long they would not run a screen to Helu or Burkhead just to give Martinez a little confidence. I know I wouldn't be overly thrilled if I knew I was going to get lit up every time.