Pedey STRIKES again!

DelK

Not to be a naysayer (or something) but this old guy recalls folks calling for the heads of Osborne, McBride, and every other NU football coach during the years after Devaney retired. I remember one letter to the editor (the only bulletin board we had then), for instance, saying we'd be national champions if Osborne would turn the offense over to Frank Solich. This is to remind us all that all those coaches got a whole lot smarter when they collectively (or their recruiting coordinator) brought in players of top quality on both sides.

It IS very, very sad that guys get hired entirely for results with apparently no attention paid to whether they are quality human beings. Sometimes we in this country don't do a very good job raising kids and domestic violence is one, and only one, of the bad results.

Not to be a naysayer (or something) but this old guy recalls folks calling for the heads of Osborne, McBride, and every other NU football coach during the years after Devaney retired. I remember one letter to the editor (the only bulletin board we had then), for instance, saying we'd be national champions if Osborne would turn the offense over to Frank Solich. This is to remind us all that all those coaches got a whole lot smarter when they collectively (or their recruiting coordinator) brought in players of top quality on both sides.

It IS very, very sad that guys get hired entirely for results with apparently no attention paid to whether they are quality human beings. Sometimes we in this country don't do a very good job raising kids and domestic violence is one, and only one, of the bad results.

I get the point, but that is a horrible example. Frank was/is a very poor OC.

But there is a difference here, with Tom we were at least winning conference titles and playing in major bowl games. NU hasn't played in a major bowl game since 2001. That's why Bo has a lot to learn when he says something stupid like "Nebraska's back and we ain't going anywhere" after a win in the Holiday Bowl. We are back when we win conference championships and are at least in the running for the MNC.

As for your last statement about violence, it is sad that we as parents have done such a poor job. IMO it's a result of politically correct (time out vs spanking) way of raising kids and is seems like the majority of parents were raised themselves by single parents and they didn't have the time to put quality time in with thier children and this is what you get.

Oh please, domestic violence has existed since the beginning of time and has nothing to do with being 'politically correct'.

You know who engages in physical abuse? People who were physically abused growing up.

You know who stays in relationships where they are physically abused? People who were physically abused growing up.

See a pattern here?

The really fun part of Pedey's problem is that his legendary

autocratic style means he has nobody to blame but himself.

Hilarious! First he hires Callahan, then Cosgrove, and now this clown.

Pedey's judgement on coaching hires is consistent if nothing else.

Pedy should have waited one more year before firing Frank and then we wouldn't have had the split in the fan base becasue of the mirage of 2003 (nobody would have won with the talent on that team in 2004 and he should have let Frank take the losing season since he built that team) and there would have been full support for whoever took over in 2005.

The a smart AD (obviously not Pedy) would have told the fan base that we need to give the new coach a few years to get the program back to respectability, not immediately putting the pressure on BC to win the conference and not "allowing OU and UT to dominate the conference" or something stupid like that. Well we see how that has turned out, we haven't beaten either one of them when it mattered with BC or Bo.

Tsk tsk

Maybe this opens the door for Watson at Pitt.

Actually, this might have some legs. Pedey liked Callahan, Callahan liked Watson, therefore Pedey should like Watson!

Ladies and Gentlemen of Husker Nation, I propose that we hereby pardon Steve Pedersen of all his transgressions against Nebraska if he saves us now by hiring Watson and his cronies. Can I get an "aye"?

Only if Watson agrees to take Cotton and Gilmore with him. Getting rid of Watson and keeping the other two is just putting a band aid on a sucking chest wound. Nothing in these two's history has shown competence as a assistant coach.

Let's see if Bo has the balls to do what Callahan couldn't do and fire a friend (Cozgrove) for the betterment of the program and his job security. Too bad Peterson screwed up with Cally and Bo. I think if we could have Callahan's offense and Bo's defense we would have a couple of NC's by now. I would love to see that 2007 offense matched with Bo's defenses of the past two years. Instead we get each of them separately and neither have shown (to this point) that they can handle the other side of the ball. Obviously the defense with Callahan and Offense in Bo's case. A team with Callahan's defense with Bo's offense may go 0-12.

Did I miss something or didn't Callahan team struggle against good defenses just like this offense does now. I'm guessing a offense that scores 0 points in the first half in Lincoln on homecoming against Oklahoma State would not take Nebraska to any NC's.

What people are seeing is that even with a good defense the glaring weakness of Callahan/Watson OC schemes are more apparent. Callahn was just lucky that Cosgrove defense covered up his lack of offense production in any big game. Go back to Auburn, Oklahoma, Missou games and look up the scores.

Tsk tsk

Actually, this might have some legs. Pedey liked Callahan, Callahan liked Watson, therefore Pedey should like Watson!

Ladies and Gentlemen of Husker Nation, I propose that we hereby pardon Steve Pedersen of all his transgressions against Nebraska if he saves us now by hiring Watson and his cronies. Can I get an "aye"?

Only if Watson agrees to take Cotton and Gilmore with him. Getting rid of Watson and keeping the other two is just putting a band aid on a sucking chest wound. Nothing in these two's history has shown competence as a assistant coach.

Let's see if Bo has the balls to do what Callahan couldn't do and fire a friend (Cozgrove) for the betterment of the program and his job security. Too bad Peterson screwed up with Cally and Bo. I think if we could have Callahan's offense and Bo's defense we would have a couple of NC's by now. I would love to see that 2007 offense matched with Bo's defenses of the past two years. Instead we get each of them separately and neither have shown (to this point) that they can handle the other side of the ball. Obviously the defense with Callahan and Offense in Bo's case. A team with Callahan's defense with Bo's offense may go 0-12.

Did I miss something or didn't Callahan team struggle against good defenses just like this offense does now. I'm guessing a offense that scores 0 points in the first half in Lincoln on homecoming against Oklahoma State would not take Nebraska to any NC's.

What people are seeing is that even with a good defense the glaring weakness of Callahan/Watson OC schemes are more apparent. Callahn was just lucky that Cosgrove defense covered up his lack of offense production in any big game. Go back to Auburn, Oklahoma, Missou games and look up the scores.

Well this offense can't put more than 17 on a crappy KU team, 7 on a horrible Washington team, 17 against SDS....I think you see my point. This offense is the equal to the 2007 defense.

How good did Bo's defense do in 2008? OU had 62 points through 3 qtrs and would have had over 80 easily if Stoops doesn't take it easy on us. The same goes for Mizzou, they had 52 points on us through 3. But logical people know that he needed time to fix it. And Bo's best year of offense was in 2008 when Watson was allowed to run BC's offense and he didn't mess with Wats at all. That's not defending Wats, it's just stating facts.

And if Bo wants to change the offense to the Oregon style that he wants, then do it and get coaches here that know that system. But right now he's asking a WCO OC to run the spread, IMO that is on Bo more than Wats. Why do you think that they are trying to find Watson a job so they don't have to fire him. That's becasue as we all know, TO doesn't like to fire anybody.

We have three offensive coaches that need to be let go and Bo is really good friends with one of them (Cotton) and he needs to do what's right for the program and let them go. That was BC's fatal flaw because he didn't want to fire Cozgrove and it cost him his job, I hope the same doesn't happed to Bo too.

• Fire 1

Tsk tsk

Well this offense can't put more than 17 on a crappy KU team, 7 on a horrible Washington team, 17 against SDS....I think you see my point. This offense is the equal to the 2007 defense.

How good did Bo's defense do in 2008? OU had 62 points through 3 qtrs and would have had over 80 easily if Stoops doesn't take it easy on us. The same goes for Mizzou, they had 52 points on us through 3. But logical people know that he needed time to fix it. And Bo's best year of offense was in 2008 when Watson was allowed to run BC's offense and he didn't mess with Wats at all. That's not defending Wats, it's just stating facts.

And if Bo wants to change the offense to the Oregon style that he wants, then do it and get coaches here that know that system. But right now he's asking a WCO OC to run the spread, IMO that is on Bo more than Wats. Why do you think that they are trying to find Watson a job so they don't have to fire him. That's becasue as we all know, TO doesn't like to fire anybody.

We have three offensive coaches that need to be let go and Bo is really good friends with one of them (Cotton) and he needs to do what's right for the program and let them go. That was BC's fatal flaw because he didn't want to fire Cozgrove and it cost him his job, I hope the same doesn't happed to Bo too.

Did u watch those game or just look at the scores? In the Oklahoma game 21 of those first quarter points were a direct result of the All American qb Ganz throwing td's for the wrong team.

Oklahoma amassed 208 yards of total offense in the opening quarter, while forcing three Husker turnovers. Nebraska managed just 32 yards of total offense in the first stanza.

And he gets a third try now. Haywood got the axe without coaching a game or even assembling a staff

Oh please, domestic violence has existed since the beginning of time and has nothing to do with being 'politically correct'.

You know who engages in physical abuse? People who were physically abused growing up.

You know who stays in relationships where they are physically abused? People who were physically abused growing up.

See a pattern here?

I sure hope you're talking about kids that were actually abused and not simply spanked. My dad had no problem spanking me and I grew up a respectful son and my dad and I have a great relationship and I've never physically harmed a soul. There's no relationship between any of this. The dude didn't like his ex woman and we don't know the story. Dude lost his job and he should.

Pedy should have waited one more year before firing Frank and then we wouldn't have had the split in the fan base becasue of the mirage of 2003 (nobody would have won with the talent on that team in 2004 and he should have let Frank take the losing season since he built that team) and there would have been full support for whoever took over in 2005.

The a smart AD (obviously not Pedy) would have told the fan base that we need to give the new coach a few years to get the program back to respectability, not immediately putting the pressure on BC to win the conference and not "allowing OU and UT to dominate the conference" or something stupid like that. Well we see how that has turned out, we haven't beaten either one of them when it mattered with BC or Bo.

That's utter BS. We had a solid core of defenders and a Bo Pelini coached D would've been fine. Sigh now I have to go do some research. What a statement....

We screwed the pooch with our offense in 2004. It was a transition year but you can argue Callahan was too stubborn with rushing his system into place right away, rather than running something suited to the talents of the guys we had.

It would not have been great, but it would have likely been a winning season.

Sometimes you have to play with what is best for your team now, instead of cramming a certain way through.

Okay from 03 we lost Richie Incognito LT, our center Josh Sewell, our RT Dan Viliwaldrop, qb Jammal Lord, FB judd davies, IB josh davis.

On Defense we lost depth at nose tackle with starter and 2 backups (Kabongo, Bingham, Lohr) but the DT spot returned everyone, Trevor Johnson RE, Linebackers Hollowell and Demo Williams, and Corner Pat Ricketts.

Special teams lost our punter Kyle Larson

We still had Cory Ross at IB, Fluellen, pilkington, LeFlore, and Matt Herian to catch passes, Barrett Ruud at linebacker, McPherson and Washington at corner and the bullocks brothers at the two safety spots...I believe Rudd, Washington and one the Bullocks boys is still playing in the NFL. Oh and Sam Koch and David Dykes on ST and they were solid players. I know Herian broke his leg too.

We won 5 games that year and should've beaten Southern Miss had we actually been RUNNING THE DAMN BALL as Daily threw 3 picks (out of 42 passes) and we lost by 6. There's bowl eligibility and we lost by 6 to cu and 7 to isu. This despite Callahan cramming his system into an offense designed to run the option.