Bo's Sideline/Postgame Demeanor

FDLink

Boy, that was some game the other day, huh? When I was able to stifle my vomit long enough to actually force myself to keep watching, I noticed that Bo had the attention of the camera quite a bit. No doubt, ESPN has a dedicated Pelini-cam after the debacle at aTm, just waiting for him to blow up at somebody. However, he wasn't flying off the handle. Rather, he seemed pretty mellow the whole time-- whether from a concerted effort to curb his outbursts, or he was just too dazed and incredulous to know how to react. And then again, in the postgame press conference, you might have expected him to be contentious and derisive with the press. Quite the opposite, he was calm and patient-- taking time to answer all questions with a quiet tone.

Now this could be taken multiple ways. Either he has worked hard to purge his demons, and has done a remarkable job of it. That, or he is too dazed and out-of-touch with the mindset of his players (a la Callahan) that it leads to mind-boggling performances like the one seen just days ago. Could it be that his "sticking the process" mantra now falling on deaf ears?

What say you? Improvement in behavior or faltering leadership?

Boy, that was some game the other day, huh? When I was able to stifle my vomit long enough to actually force myself to keep watching, I noticed that Bo had the attention of the camera quite a bit. No doubt, ESPN has a dedicated Pelini-cam after the debacle at aTm, just waiting for him to blow up at somebody. However, he wasn't flying off the handle. Rather, he seemed pretty mellow the whole time-- whether from a concerted effort to curb his outbursts, or he was just too dazed and incredulous to know how to react. And then again, in the postgame press conference, you might have expected him to be contentious and derisive with the press. Quite the opposite, he was calm and patient-- taking time to answer all questions with a quiet tone.

Now this could be taken multiple ways. Either he has worked hard to purge his demons, and has done a remarkable job of it. That, or he is too dazed and out-of-touch with the mindset of his players (a la Callahan) that it leads to mind-boggling performances like the one seen just days ago. Could it be that his "sticking the process" mantra now falling on deaf ears?

I think it has more to do with his public thrashing by Harvey. I think he just wanted this year to be over with.

Im very concerned about it quite honestly. And you can thank that damn Pearlman for it too. Tho i guess that's the toilet world we live in now where perception comes way ahead of standing up for the right thing. Bo has not been the same since the monday presser following the a&m game where he delivered his "i have to say im sorry, but im not really sorry" speech. Im still pissed at Pearlman for doing what he did. The players just dont seem to be reacting very well to Bo's new calmness. I did see him get on Taylor after the td pass other night, seemed to be explaining something to him but for whatever reason, he also seemed to be struggling with staying calm. I dont like it at all, but oh well.

I think after the A&M game, Perlman made a poor decision to openly criticize his attitude and fiery personality. While I am in no way condoning his sideline antics of the A&M game, ever since Pellini has seemed like he has lost his fire and having to think about controlling his emotions to a degree where he seems out of it.

Yes, in retrospect I think it was a very poor decision by Pearlman to publically criticize Bo. Anyone ever head of a chancellor anywhere else doing that?

But before you all start hating on Pearlman, do remember that he and TO got us into the B10. He's a very shrewd fellow. Perhaps something else is going on there. He wouldn't have spoken up without very good reason.

I think after the A&M game, Perlman made a poor decision to openly criticize his attitude and fiery personality. While I am in no way condoning his sideline antics of the A&M game, ever since Pellini has seemed like he has lost his fire and having to think about controlling his emotions to a degree where he seems out of it.

I agree. Bad decision by Pearlman. That's something you handle internally.

It's highly possible that the team feeds of Bo's fire and passion. It's been missing for a few games and look at the results (1st half of the CCG aside). The team appeared uninterested and lackadaisical.

Not much you can do, last game of the year.

typical political correctness bullsh#t, this country is ate up with this liberal disease, it will eventually kill America.....the reprimand, in days gone by, would have been in private......Perlman undoubtedly felt he had to give Bo a public thrashing to satisfy the critics....it's done, but Bo sure looks uncomfortable on the sidelines, looks like he is on a leash......no wait, an e-collar, knowing his "owner" can knock a turd out of his ass at any moment if he feels the need to do so......sad.

typical political correctness bullsh#t, this country is ate up with this liberal disease, it will eventually kill America.....the reprimand, in days gone by, would have been in private......Perlman undoubtedly felt he had to give Bo a public thrashing to satisfy the critics....it's done, but Bo sure looks uncomfortable on the sidelines, looks like he is on a leash......no wait, an e-collar, knowing his "owner" can knock a turd out of his ass at any moment if he feels the need to do so......sad.

agreed, Perlman had NO reason to take this out of house.

Personally I want Bo in the players and refs face. Theyatent on their mothers titty anymore, so they need to get over it if their feelings are hurt.

Look were we came from (Callahan) to what we were before aTm. It needs to come back, so unleash the dragon in Bo.

Exactly, Bo does look out of his element, like he's wasting most of his focus and ability on keeping cool. I remember vividly how he started that Monday presser. Talking about how he was hired not to win football games but to coach and raised kids for life. How they are never in trouble, you never see them on espn with problems with the law, they go to class, they get their grades they are disciplined, and you could tell he just thot that all a sudden it just didnt seem good enuff anymore to stick up for kids he loves. Sometimes over the last few weeks following, ive even question Bo's pride in the program after that. He just doesnt seem like himself anymore, and I appreciate people who are themselves and genuine and honest, and that's what he was, and those are tought traits to find these days. It always seems like people have to be so fake in order to impress others. Maybe that's why i have no freinds :bang