Over/Under when Watson gets fired?

I just don't think he gets fired. I really don't. Maybe it's because I want him to be gone so badly. It really sucks because not that every year isn't important but next year is our inaugural season in Big 10.

Are we sticking with....Watson?

Then again do we go into our new conference adjusting to a new offensive coordinator and new way of doing things offensively to some degree?

This whole thing sucks...!

I'd rather adjust to a new OC and offense than stick with one we know won't work.

Remember the classic definition of insanity:

A firm belief that the same inputs to a system will produce different outputs.

I just don't think he gets fired. I really don't. Maybe it's because I want him to be gone so badly. It really sucks because not that every year isn't important but next year is our inaugural season in Big 10.

Then again do we go into our new conference adjusting to a new offensive coordinator and new way of doing things offensively to some degree?

I'd rather adjust to a new OC and offense than stick with one we know won't work.

Yes. Even though this whole process is such a touchy situation when thinking about all of the 'what if's' in the end I'd have to agree.

He isn't going anywhere. Bo will say things like, "I saw great things on offense during practices", and other's like, "we have good talent on offense, we just need to correct some things", and this beauty, "we are a good football team, with good football players". In other words, NOTHING will happen.

On a side note, I have discovered a great drinking game with you and your buds if you all ever get board. Watch a presser or the Bo Pelini show and every time Bo says the word "football" you drink. By the end of the presser or show, you and your friends will be blitzed!

I wonder how much say a new OC would have in replacing a Barney Cotton. What's troubling is when we line it up in the 'I' and run iso's up the middle, our line looks dominate. Even against Washington the other night. Maybe we just need an OC who is on the same page as Cotton and he'll be fine.

Everyone wants a kneejerk reaction. Thankfully, cooler heads should prevail. Bo will evaluate and make a plan before doing anything. I hope.

Sorry if the timeframe is beyond what fans with pitchforks want.

I think Watson is still wanting to leave regardless, and has been, so it's not as if he is just sitting there hoping Bo doesn't tell him to go.

i tend to agree with this statement......i figure announcements will come by Jan.15th.

He isn't going anywhere. Bo will say things like, "I saw great things on offense during practices", and other's like, "we have good talent on offense, we just need to correct some things", and this beauty, "we are a good football team, with good football players". In other words, NOTHING will happen.

On a side note, I have discovered a great drinking game with you and your buds if you all ever get board. Watch a presser or the Bo Pelini show and every time Bo says the word "football" you drink. By the end of the presser or show, you and your friends will be blitzed!

<_<:facepalm:

Everyone wants a kneejerk reaction. Thankfully, cooler heads should prevail. Bo will evaluate and make a plan before doing anything. I hope.

I think Watson is still wanting to leave regardless, and has been, so it's not as if he is just sitting there hoping Bo doesn't tell him to go.

i tend to agree with this statement......i figure announcements will come by Jan.15th.

Really? Can you send me the upcoming winning lottery numbers too?

like the guy from Fram sez...."you can pay me now or pay me later"....i vote now.

Really? Can you send me the upcoming winning lottery numbers too?

if it doesn't happen by the 15th, it won't happen at all...is that good enough for ya?

Blackshirtsguru, that's based on nothing more than pessimism.

wilber, Watson will find a landing spot, but it looks like it may not be as a HC as he wanted. Don't worry though, even if Watson did want to stay - which I doubt - Bo would not keep him if he had nowhere to go - which also is not the case. At least he shouldn't.

HANC, the extended timeline I am talking about is really something like 2 months. Compared to the timeline people want which is 2 days. People just want to burn a house down with torches and pitchforks. Bo knows houses come with 30-year mortgages (the number is an exaggeration, but the importance is not) so he will make such a momentous decision carefully, as whoever he brings in, we'll be stuck with for a while in the best case scenario.

IMO I disagree with basing this decision on recruiting at all.

It is an important decision, take as much time as you need to make the move, it will pay off eventually.

And actually, taking longer actually helps the '11 class as if Watson goes, it isn't really going to be an issue of wavering with at least one guy. And cleaning house probably sends out alarm bells, appropriately, to the class, whereas taking the time to evaluate and making any changes as necessary, would not. It is less about Barney or Gilmore leaving or not, but if we shake up things right now and end up with just 2 positional coaches on offense, it is a bad signal to our recruits.

Blackshirtsguru, that's based on nothing more than pessimism.

wilber, Watson will find a landing spot, but it looks like it may not be as a HC as he wanted. Don't worry though, even if Watson did want to stay - which I doubt - Bo would not keep him if he had nowhere to go - which also is not the case. At least he shouldn't.

HANC, the extended timeline I am talking about is really something like 2 months. Compared to the timeline people want which is 2 days. People just want to burn a house down with torches and pitchforks. Bo knows houses come with 30-year mortgages (the number is an exaggeration, but the importance is not) so he will make such a momentous decision carefully, as whoever he brings in, we'll be stuck with for a while in the best case scenario.

What's wrong with that? Have you seen where our team can make offensive adjusements so far this year? Hell, even last year for that matter? Being pessimistic about our offensive coaching staff is nothing more than being a realist!