Do you think Pelini is afraid to fire the offensive coaches because he will lose recruits?

I agree with the sentiment towards Coleman. I think he is a very good coach. I did like Eckler's energy though....but it takes more than energy.

I just didn't even consider the fact that Eck was let go, or could see the writing on the wall. Does moving to the Big 10, and possibly a need for more "physical" LBs have anything to do with the move, or am I "over-analyzing" things a bit.

** Man, I hope Jackson isn't a dec....but who knows.

I think you may be over-analyzing a bit. Somewhat of a guess, but I think that he just was not the coach that Bo thought he was, and Doug Coleman is one hell of a LB coach. So the way that Bo did it allowed both parties to save a little face.

I agree with the sentiment towards Coleman. I think he is a very good coach. I did like Eckler's energy though....but it takes more than energy.

I just didn't even consider the fact that Eck was let go, or could see the writing on the wall. Does moving to the Big 10, and possibly a need for more "physical" LBs have anything to do with the move, or am I "over-analyzing" things a bit.

** Man, I hope Jackson isn't a dec....but who knows.

I think you may be over-analyzing a bit. Somewhat of a guess, but I think that he just was not the coach that Bo thought he was, and Doug Coleman is one hell of a LB coach. So the way that Bo did it allowed both parties to save a little face.

So When will Doug Coleman be named LB coach? And how do you think the next few months plays out...who stays, who goes? Do you think Bo is quietly shopping around for a top OC?

So the way that Bo did it allowed both parties to save a little face.

Sadly, this "saving face" concept is why Watson was our OC this year. Change was in the air last year, and he was looking with no results. Rather than fire him, he was kept on with the hopes of improvement this year thanks to consistency. That didn't happen, obviously.

I'm afraid that we'll pull the same stunt this year - we'll let Wats look around, but if he doesn't find something we'll bite the bullet and keep him on. I don't know about Bo, but T.O.'s loyalty to his coaches is legendary.

So the way that Bo did it allowed both parties to save a little face.

Sadly, this "saving face" concept is why Watson was our OC this year. Change was in the air last year, and he was looking with no results. Rather than fire him, he was kept on with the hopes of improvement this year thanks to consistency. That didn't happen, obviously.

I'm afraid that we'll pull the same stunt this year - we'll let Wats look around, but if he doesn't find something we'll bite the bullet and keep him on. I don't know about Bo, but T.O.'s loyalty to his coaches is legendary.

Having the door open but refusing to get rid of a guy is just stupid and shouldn't be the "Nebraska way". If we don't care if somebody leaves and actually hope for it then he shouldn't be here. :bang