I really wish the best for Wats. He is just not the right fit for this program and the high expectations that come with coaching at Nebraska. College football evolves every year and to be great you have to adapt and evolve into something smarter, stronger and faster to stay on top.

Wats would be a great conservative head coach for a school that always gets close but never cracks the top 20.

I'd hire a Hawkins before a Watson anyday! Hot coordinators do not insure success as hc's and Watson is not even lukewarm at best! NU is still training Bo, as an example, and he has a long ways to go. Watson is here until Bo says bye bye. Until he thinks it might effect his job he will keep Wats. Some of you need to stop and think how you would react if someone you didn't know told you that your buddy was a pos and needed to be fired from the company you and he just made solvent! Good luck with that..... I'm not agreeing to retain a few of these guys but realize that replacing them is not always the answer either. Hopefully changes will be made without dismissing coaches and their families. Just my 2 cents...

I'd hire a Hawkins before a Watson anyday! Hot coordinators do not insure success as hc's and Watson is not even lukewarm at best! NU is still training Bo, as an example, and he has a long ways to go. Watson is here until Bo says bye bye. Until he thinks it might effect his job he will keep Wats. Some of you need to stop and think how you would react if someone you didn't know told you that your buddy was a pos and needed to be fired from the company you and he just made solvent! Good luck with that..... I'm not agreeing to retain a few of these guys but realize that replacing them is not always the answer either. Hopefully changes will be made without dismissing coaches and their families. Just my 2 cents...

i think most of us would back Wats if we thought he could coach and call plays better....he hasn't shown any improvement since he arrived here 5 years ago......how much longer do you want to ride this goat? dedhoarse