Husker QB's 2000-2010

holvy83

Sometimes these types of rankings get out of whack on this board. People are really taking Zac Taylor over Eric Crouch?

Reminds me of the beginning of the season, there was a topic asking, "If you could pick one Husker from the past to play on the 2010 team, who would it be," and people were taking Zac Taylor or Joe Ganz over the likes of Turner Gill and Tommie Frazier. Short memories, I guess...

• Fire 1

Sometimes these types of rankings get out of whack on this board. People are really taking Zac Taylor over Eric Crouch?

Reminds me of the beginning of the season, there was a topic asking, "If you could pick one Husker from the past to play on the 2010 team, who would it be," and people were taking Zac Taylor or Joe Ganz over the likes of Turner Gill and Tommie Frazier. Short memories, I guess...

This...

1. Josh Freeman - based on his NFL production

2. Blane Gabbert - based on going to be a first round pick in April

3. Tyler Gabbert - based on solely nothing...other than bloodlines

4. Harrison Beck - He did help beat KSU on a pass interference call in endzone

5. Curt Dukes - based on his success at ....um...um..um

oh wait, I read the headline wrong.... You meant....oh crap...sorry..

+1 simply because I was waiting for a Curt Dukes reference. :corndance

Do you think Joe Dailey, Curt Dukes, and Harrison Beck are holding hands and singing Kum-By-Ah together in North Carolina? They all wound up there I believe. (Duke, UNC, NC St.)

Do you think Joe Dailey, Curt Dukes, and Harrison Beck are holding hands and singing Kum-By-Ah together in North Carolina? They all wound up there I believe. (Duke, UNC, NC St.)

We ended up being a ACC feeder school..... cant cut it in the Big 12 head to ACC. Although I would never blame Joe Dailey for transfering. When he was in as a freshman.... man he looked good, poised, knew when to throw and run. If only Callahan had taylored the offense alittle to fit Joe's skills.

I ranked Zac Taylor #1 based on heart and guts. There is NO DOUBT Crouch was way more physically gifted, but there's also no doubt that Zac put this shambles of a program on his shoulders and led us through a couple of horrible seasons with class, toughness and character.

I love me some Eric Crouch, but Zac Taylor never quit on the Huskers. Zac Taylor never lost the respect of the locker room. Zac Taylor was a consummate team player, tough as all hell, made the most out of a horrible situation (with an historically awful Offensive Line), and kept plugging away, every game.

Maybe I'm being overly sentimental ranking Taylor over Crouch. But I'm not basing my rankings purely on talent. The OP never said we had to.

Eric Crouch: Heisman

Zac Taylor: Tough guy with no o-line in front of him for pass protection

Jamal Lord: See above, except for run game.

Joey Ganz/Sam Keller: Similar skill sets. Keller had slightly better arm. Ganz better feet.

Martinez/Zac Lee: Both hindered by injuries. T-Mart could easily end up higher on this list.

Joe Daily: A good guy in a bad situation. Ran an offense he wasn’t suited for.

1. Crouch - by a large margin IMO.If a big play was needed in a big game, through the air or on the ground theres nobody on this list i would give the ball to over him. Awesome NFL career too! :facepalm:

2. Zach Taylor - Best pure passer we have had in the past 10 years and maybe ever. Loved watching him pick defenses apart. Tough as nails too! I went to the Wake Forest game and he was taking hits you could hear in the 35th row. i have no idea how he kept getting up.

3. Ganz - Not the most talented, but a good leader and hard worker. Good feet, and a decent arm. His work in the film-room gave him very good command of the offense.

4. Jammal Lord - GREAT runner, but probably one of the worst passers on the list. Nobody remembers the 3 step drop then gun the ball straight into the ground 15yds away from the receiver? I still cringe when i think about it. Interesting too that he graduated with a degree in communications, since he struggled to put a sentence together in most of his press conferences. :blink:

5.Taylor Martinez - ran the Zone read like a mofo for 5 games or so then pee'd himself when that didnt work any more. When not under pressure had a reasonably accurate arm. Just not ready yet. May end up higher.

6 Keller - kind of a primadonna, but another very good pure drop back passer. Didnt play on a good team, got injured, and was only on the field for 1 year. hard to rank him much higher without seeing more.

7. Cody Green - Getting jerked in and out of bad situations messed him up a bit. Not the super running threat i thought he was, but good enough to get positive yds on the correct plays. Think he has strong leadership qualities/work ethic, and if given the reigns he could command an above average offense.

8. Zach Lee - I admire his heart, but not much more. Average passer, good leader, BAD runner.(straight forward til you hit something then fall down, not my favorite)Good game against Arizona made people forget some earlier bad stuff.

9. Patrick Witt - Didnt play much, but was still better than Joe Dailey

10. Joe Dailey - You are the weakest link Goodbye!

Crouch, Ganz, Zac Taylor, TMart. As for the rest I really didn't care for, Lord was a RB playing QB. He only passed the ball to his 1st option, while starring them down the whole way. Remember the OU game where they had to bring in the guy with the yellow jersey so he could tell who was calling the plays. The whole offense was dumbed down for him. That defensive squad was not bad either. Had a Ganz been in there they might of had a chance at a NC. With all the 3 and outs they played exceptional for a 10 win season. They also had a slew of RBs.

you guys must have forgotten that carl nicks played in front of zac taylor...

Nope. I also didn't forget that an O Line has five players, not just one.

lydon murtha wasnt exactly a slouch either. that line had better players on it than you realize.

Murtha started a total of six games during Taylor's career, three as a redshirt freshman, three as a sophomore.

It's not like there was this wall of great O Linemen in front of Zac - or if there were, they were awfully porous great O Linemen, considering the fact that he was sacked 66 times in 26 games.