If Bo doesn't let go of Wats...

I am one of Watson's biggest supporters here but even I think he should go elsewhere. I don't think he is stupid by any stretch, which is how frustrated fans have portrayed him all season. But the bottom line is Bo wants to run a certain system, and it is best for both parties to let someone else be the guy here to do that.

I am surprised/feel bad for Shawn that Miami(OH) didn't work out. I actually thought that would have been a great fit for him.

As far as 'curiosity' goes: that would be the reason to promote Beck to OC and let him give it a shot. I am split on this, but I would not be totally against it, change averse as I am.

I have been assuming Watson is gone for a long time and would be more surprised if he stayed. But all that aside, the real question I am asking is: if Bo doesn't let go of his Taylor fascination, what is going to happen? My gripe about Taylor has little to do with his limited skillset which is mostly completely understandable, and which we should have patience about. It has everything to do with how Bo has handled that situation to the point where you get the feeling it is splitting the team.

All great points. Regarding the Taylor fascination – this is just crazy to me. It just seems out of character of Bo to become so enamored with one player. But I do think that Taylor has been unfairly attacked on some of these message boards. I live out here in SoCal and have an associate who is an assistant coach at Corona and he had nothing but good things to say about Taylor. He did say that he was an introverted kid, but stated that he was a fierce competitor. I feel that with some leadership education Taylor can become more positive member of the team and if not I guess he will be on the bench.

I am one of Watson's biggest supporters here but even I think he should go elsewhere. I don't think he is stupid by any stretch, which is how frustrated fans have portrayed him all season. But the bottom line is Bo wants to run a certain system, and it is best for both parties to let someone else be the guy here to do that.

I am surprised/feel bad for Shawn that Miami(OH) didn't work out. I actually thought that would have been a great fit for him.

As far as 'curiosity' goes: that would be the reason to promote Beck to OC and let him give it a shot. I am split on this, but I would not be totally against it, change averse as I am.

I have been assuming Watson is gone for a long time and would be more surprised if he stayed. But all that aside, the real question I am asking is: if Bo doesn't let go of his Taylor fascination, what is going to happen? My gripe about Taylor has little to do with his limited skillset which is mostly completely understandable, and which we should have patience about. It has everything to do with how Bo has handled that situation to the point where you get the feeling it is splitting the team.

Bo's "fascination" with Tmart is due simply to Tmart being the best qb we have. It's not even close. His "limited" skillset ripped Washington, KSU, Okie State & Missouri apart. The highlight of our offense the last two years to say the very least.

Sure, he looked like sh*t with a bad ankle & turf toe. Who else is he going to put in there? Your guy Lee was hurt and Green, while certainly an option, didn't look good this year either. It was a tough call.

This whole "splitting the team" scenario is only internet rumor based garbage. The problem is our offensive coaching staff, not our freshman qb.

All great points. Regarding the Taylor fascination – this is just crazy to me. It just seems out of character of Bo to become so enamored with one player. But I do think that Taylor has been unfairly attacked on some of these message boards. I live out here in SoCal and have an associate who is an assistant coach at Corona and he had nothing but good things to say about Taylor. He did say that he was an introverted kid, but stated that he was a fierce competitor. I feel that with some leadership education Taylor can become more positive member of the team and if not I guess he will be on the bench.

This. Thank you.

Bo's "fascination" with Tmart is due simply to Tmart being the best qb we have. It's not even close. His "limited" skillset ripped Washington, KSU, Okie State & Missouri apart. The highlight of our offense the last two years to say the very least.

Sure, he looked like sh*t with a bad ankle & turf toe. Who else is he going to put in there? Your guy Lee was hurt and Green, while certainly an option, didn't look good this year either. It was a tough call.

This whole "splitting the team" scenario is only internet rumor based garbage. The problem is our offensive coaching staff, not our freshman qb.

Due to my location I was just able to watch the Bo Pelini show. The early season highlights at the beginning of the year were awesome. Martinez had serious skills. He was faster, crisper, and did not hesitate with his decisions. Granted those were highlights, but those injuries must have really damaged him. For me because of how good they started made the end of the season that much more disappointing. Lou Holtz said that in order to when a title you have to get lucky. This 2010 team was extremely unlucky. So the only concern I have going into next year is the fumbles. I think this coaching staff can get it done with some luck.

Due to my location I was just able to watch the Bo Pelini show. The early season highlights at the beginning of the year were awesome. Martinez had serious skills. He was faster, crisper, and did not hesitate with his decisions. Granted those were highlights, but those injuries must have really damaged him. For me because of how good they started made the end of the season that much more disappointing. Lou Holtz said that in order to when a title you have to get lucky. This 2010 team was extremely unlucky. So the only concern I have going into next year is the fumbles. I think this coaching staff can get it done with some luck.

it will take a helluva lot more than luck to overcome 45+ fumbles. :koolaid2:

Amazing what a Watson led offense morphs into when playing teams that have athletes and actually PLAY defense. This is a broken record.

As far Taylor is concerned I think it is a MUST that this offseason he

1. Learns to read defenses-had no clue what he was audibling into the majority of the season and couldn't audible pass pro for crap.

2. Learn pass progression and reads-seriously quit locking onto Brandon Kinnie already, the next game is in September Taylor.

3. Get any kind of pocket presence-five seconds is what ya get against a good team if you are lucky, learn it and live it

4, and most IMPORTANTLY do something, anything to show this team you have a pulse, a hint of leadership, and actually care.

Do these things and there is a chance you hold off a frosh(true or redshirted) to start. Yes that is a prediction.

• Fire 1

Amazing what a Watson led offense morphs into when playing teams that have athletes and actually PLAY defense. This is a broken record.

1. Learns to read defenses-had no clue what he was audibling into the majority of the season and couldn't audible pass pro for crap.

2. Learn pass progression and reads-seriously quit locking onto Brandon Kinnie already, the next game is in September Taylor.

3. Get any kind of pocket presence-five seconds is what ya get against a good team if you are lucky, learn it and live it

4, and most IMPORTANTLY do something, anything to show this team you have a pulse, a hint of leadership, and actually care.

Do these things and there is a chance you hold off a frosh(true or redshirted) to start. Yes that is a prediction.

Do these things and there is a chance you hold off a frosh(true or redshirted) to start -

Do you think Carnes or Turner will be ready? I was really starting to like what I was seeing from Cody at the end of the year. And that is coming from a guy who last year stated "I don't think Cody will ever start/play QB at NE". Just think how Cody may have progress if everytime he took the field he wasn't given the ball and told "Hey Cody get in there - its the 4th Qtr, we are down by 10, don't screw it up - ready - break".

Do these things and there is a chance you hold off a frosh(true or redshirted) to start -

Do you think Carnes or Turner will be ready? I was really starting to like what I was seeing from Cody at the end of the year. And that is coming from a guy who last year stated "I don't think Cody will ever start/play QB at NE". Just think how Cody may have progress if everytime he took the field he wasn't given the ball and told "Hey Cody get in there - its the 4th Qtr, we are down by 10, don't screw it up - ready - break".

I am a Cody fan, was from the start of camp. HE HAS the leadership and personality of a starting QB(Taylor should shadow him all offseason). And yes, I have always been critical of the coaches not taking the training wheels off when Cody was in at QB or put in the game in the most god awful situations(twice they have done this to him).

However, I am also a realist. The type of offense that Bo, I guess I'll say wants, but not sure if they even know these days of what they want, the QB must be a threat with his feet and arm. This is where I see Brion and Jamal passing him(we'll include Bubba IF/when he passes up the millions). Both I believe are far better throwers than Taylor. And Jamal has the "Playstation Moves", you know where he can go every direction and makes people miss, something Taylor lacks. Jamal gets here in a week and gets a jump start. Brion has had a year, and Taylor has his flaws. This will be a better QB race than last year. And who isn't to say Cody comes out of the shadows and destroys them all, I would love that, just don't see it happening.

I am a Cody fan, was from the start of camp. HE HAS the leadership and personality of a starting QB(Taylor should shadow him all offseason). And yes, I have always been critical of the coaches not taking the training wheels off when Cody was in at QB or put in the game in the most god awful situations(twice they have done this to him).

However, I am also a realist. The type of offense that Bo, I guess I'll say wants, but not sure if they even know these days of what they want, the QB must be a threat with his feet and arm. This is where I see Brion and Jamal passing him(we'll include Bubba IF/when he passes up the millions). Both I believe are far better throwers than Taylor. And Jamal has the "Playstation Moves", you know where he can go every direction and makes people miss, something Taylor lacks. Jamal gets here in a week and gets a jump start. Brion has had a year, and Taylor has his flaws. This will be a better QB race than last year. And who isn't to say Cody comes out of the shadows and destroys them all, I would love that, just don't see it happening.

Cody doesn't seem to have any touch on the ball....just chucks it and hopes the receiver can make a play.

Your points one through three are due to the combination of Tmart being a freshmen and poor qb coaching for this convoluted offense. Point number four is internet garbage and not worth considering.

Where you and others magically think incoming freshmen qbs won't have the same problems is....well.....wishful thinking at best.

A healthy Tmart (under a new OC) will start next year and rip the Big10 to shreds. Yes, that is a prediction.

Other incoming freshman QBs may not have the problem to the same degree. It is really less about coaching and just about how new Taylor is to the QB position and how raw he is as a QB.

That is fine as long as he makes up for it in other ways. It is just a fact that he is behind in this area compared to most.

Your points one through three are due to the combination of Tmart being a freshmen and poor qb coaching for this convoluted offense. Point number four is internet garbage and not worth considering.

Where you and others magically think incoming freshmen qbs won't have the same problems is....well.....wishful thinking at best.

A healthy Tmart (under a new OC) will start next year and rip the Big10 to shreds. Yes, that is a prediction.

Valid arguements. But one, Taylor has been here for TWO years and points one through three should have started to become second nature to any kid wanting to play QB at the college level. He has sat through the meetings, the film studies, and practiced so is there really an excuse for that?

Two, yes a part falls onto coaching, but this is the same OC and QB coach that made Joe Ganz damn near a stud his senior year. And at the rate the coaching carosel is moving a new OC might be a pipe dream.

Point 4 is pretty accurate. I have had a friend on the team tell me that the SDSU game was no accident. There were many(OLiinemen) that could care less about the well being of Taylor. Something that I have mentioned before. Also another instance that I have ranted on before was Taylor's demeanor the WHOLE CU game. Sat by the heater didn't move, didn't talk to others, could care less what was goin on in the game. Others on this board saw it as well and were just as upset.

Also sitting on the bench by yourself after getting tossed like a rag doll, possibly because you failed to recognize the defense, without talking to our OLine, backs or anyone is one hell of a sign of leadership as well wouldn't you agree. This happened a lot this year.

And as for the frosh comment. Brion is a redshirt and would be coming into the fall under the same circumstances that Taylor did, and it has been said he is a more pure passer. And Jamal will get winter conditioning, spring ball, and summer workouts in before fall camp, and who knows he may bust his ass and blow the staff away. It has happened before, true freshman can start at the college level contrary to popular belief.

Taylor was a scout team WR his first year here. Including '09 Holiday Bowl prep. He has really only been a true dedicated QB since this year.

Watson is a great QB coach but there are is an issue aside from Taylor just having a long way to go. The system is complicated, you could argue too cumbersome for this level of play aside from the rare player. Trying to do something different and much simpler with Taylor could have helped. As if we could have simplified the offense even more, but I think from a passing philosophy standpoint that is certainly possible.

True freshmen can start but by no means do I think it would be a great thing if Jamal or Brion for that matter, started for us next year. I think it might be the best, but it sill isn't a great sign. Barkley and Landry both struggled as TFr and RFr respectively.

. I have had a friend on the team tell me that the SDSU game was no accident. There were many(OLiinemen) that could care less about the well being of Taylor.

I have a hard time believing the coaches aren't culpable in a big way just for the total lack of preparation in that game, and therefore responsible for the flat effort coming out. But, there is definitely a lot of smoke here, no doubt about it.