Anybody else get these calls?

Answered a call from 254300221548 (taken from my caller ID). The man started speaking very quickly, thick Indian accent, and I couldn't understand anything but for a few words... "computer", "viruses", "corrupt", "crash"....
I received a call today from a guy claiming to be with Windows Support saying that they have been receiving reports about problems with my computer and that he is going to help me resolve them. When I questioned him on where he was calling from he would only say Windows Support and would not provide a location. He sounded Indian. When I asked to call him back he gave me 213-550-1062 claiming it was a toll free number...

caller ID (unknown)=862-038-6841

I had so much trouble understanding their accent (even after ordering my fair share of slushies at the slushy-mart durring my misspent youth) that I requested that they email the info to me..They insisted that they couldn't possibly help me without knowing what the exact problem was.

Id just turned on my computer a few min b4 and it had gone through a CHKDSK thing probably because I did a hard shutdown the night before, so I thought it might be possible that they were legit. and they did give me a callback # (213)550-1062..But I still didn't think it was really really legit.

I told them I hadn't got a chance to hook up my new computer, so them waiting for me to hook up wasn't desirable, but they said they'd wait?..(His supervisor was even harder to understand).

I then said I'd grab my laptop and start it up (feeling safe as I don't have my wifi hooked up yet).

They had me start it up, right click on "my computer",click on manage, click on event scheduler..Then told me to get online..Then I told him my laptop wasn't connected...The 1st guy then asked how I'd be able to read an email from him..I said, "At my computer at work.." Finally said some other things about slushies? and gave me a contact name for when I get connected..You'd think they could tell I was online if it was sending out some virus warning, and that they "got my phone number from that".

I just wish I would've asked if they actually get people to fall for this.

Well, i would trust them.

But if they mislead you ill buy you a new computer. I just found out i have a distant uncle in Africa who is a prince, and i just had to send him my bank account # and SS# and license number# and he is going to put 50 million dollars in my account. I AM SO EXCITED!

In all seriousness it sounds like a scam. I would call the actually Microsoft people and tell them your story and give them the number that was given to you.

Some interesting posts on that link..Thanks!

The first two quotes in my original post were copied from my googling the phone number they gave me and reading the complaints.

It's gotten to the point where I don't usually even answer the phone anymore(unless I recognoze the caller ID)..I can't remember the last time someone unknown called me up and didn't hang up the second I said "Hello".

If I keep my land line, I'm thinking of changing my answer message to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHVOFngVJkc&feature