Have fun in the BIG TEN!

Zammers

Hey Husker Fans! It's been a while since I was on the site, but I just got back from the Rose Bowl and want to give you a little insight on the type of conference you are entering.

Back in 2001, TCU came to Lincoln to face Crouch and the Big Red. I came away from that game with the utmost respect for Nebraska AND its fans. Great sportsmanship, knowledgeable, respectful, friendly, and helpful. Unfortunately you guys will have your hands full with GARBAGE FANS the Big Ten has to offer.

Here was my posting over at Killerfrogs.com:

"Well I'm back in the great state of Texas! And yes, I know the title of this thread is pretty harsh. But, my observations of Badger Nation as a WHOLE reflect these thoughts.

1. Their young fan base is COMPLETE GARBAGE! Before the game there was profanity, classlessness, unsportsmanlike conduct (penalty), and blatant BINGE DRINKING to the point of vomiting...pissing in public....lewdness.

2. Who starts chants DURING the National Anthem? WISCONSIN

3. Who had a bonehead fan run across the field AT THE ROSE BOWL? Wisconsin

4. Who's band took the FIELD and PLAYED during the Rose Bowl Trophy presentation? Wisconsin

5. Which team didn't bother shaking the hands of TCU players at the end of the game? Wisconsin

5. After the game...I was given the finger.....told I'm going to get my azz kicked....and basically disrespected by young Wisconsin fans who by this time could barely talk and were HORRIBLE losers.

6. Destruction of property. Numerous barricades..signs...etc. were tipped over, kicked, broken, stomped on.

NOTE: Older more mature Wisconsin fans were very pleasant to be around. Fairly classy and complimentary after the game.

UNFORTUNATELY........as the saying goes......."YOU ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS YOUR WEAKEST LINK."

The absolute worst fans (as a whole) that I've ever come across.

I had a colleague cover the Sugar Bowl and we hadn't discussed our experiences. He texted me at the conclusion of the Sugar Bowl that the Ohio State fans are some of the most classless fans he has come across. My response to him..."Wait til I tell you about Wisconsin."

Upon entering the Big Ten next year don't get sucked into what they have going on...........STAY CLASSY NEBRASKA.

• Fire 4

This is similar to what I heard from my uncle. The Badger fans all week told them that they didn't belong there. They had people mooning their team bus when they arrived for the game. I believe the in-game chants were "F*ck You!" and "Eat Sh*t!" Sunday morning he had a Badger fan come up to his table at breakfast (where he was eating with his family) and insult him and his family for being TCU fans. The guy even gave them a couple Wisconsin stickers in case they changed their mind on who they wanted to root for in the future.

This is similar to what I heard from my uncle. The Badger fans all week told them that they didn't belong there. They had people mooning their team bus when they arrived for the game. I believe the in-game chants were "F*ck You!" and "Eat Sh*t!" Sunday morning he had a Badger fan come up to his table at breakfast (where he was eating with his family) and insult him and his family for being TCU fans. The guy even gave them a couple Wisconsin stickers in case they changed their mind on who they wanted to root for in the future.

Yes, I was sitting in an all TCU section, but a few TCU fans got stuck on the border of the Wisconsin section. The "F*CK You!" chant was definitely a topic of conversation on the TCU board. And its not just one group of Wisconsin fans.....Its entire Sections! 1,000's of fans chanting FU. Its as audible as the "Bullsh*t" chants you hear at basketball games.......if that gives you an idea.

If every fan base is only as good as its weakest link/worst fans, every program in the country is in a tie for most craptastic fans. Your fan base, our fan base and everyone else's has plenty of jackasses that the rest of us wouldn't want to be judged by. That's life.

Yes, I was sitting in an all TCU section, but a few TCU fans got stuck on the border of the Wisconsin section. The "F*CK You!" chant was definitely a topic of conversation on the TCU board. And its not just one group of Wisconsin fans.....Its entire Sections! 1,000's of fans chanting FU. Its as audible as the "Bullsh*t" chants you hear at basketball games.......if that gives you an idea.

Definitely makes beating them all the more sweeter.

Off topic: Is the TCU board free? And if so, where is it? :)

Good to have you back (because I love looking at that sig). I've always liked TCU and the way they play ball under Patterson. That was a hell of a performance in the Grand Daddy of the mall, great season.

Now go dominate the Big East so we can actually see you play in a championship!

Hey Husker Fans! It's been a while since I was on the site, but I just got back from the Rose Bowl and want to give you a little insight on the type of conference you are entering.

Back in 2001, TCU came to Lincoln to face Crouch and the Big Red. I came away from that game with the utmost respect for Nebraska AND its fans. Great sportsmanship, knowledgeable, respectful, friendly, and helpful. Unfortunately you guys will have your hands full with GARBAGE FANS the Big Ten has to offer.

"Well I'm back in the great state of Texas! And yes, I know the title of this thread is pretty harsh. But, my observations of Badger Nation as a WHOLE reflect these thoughts.

1. Their young fan base is COMPLETE GARBAGE! Before the game there was profanity, classlessness, unsportsmanlike conduct (penalty), and blatant BINGE DRINKING to the point of vomiting...pissing in public....lewdness.

4. Who's band took the FIELD and PLAYED during the Rose Bowl Trophy presentation? Wisconsin

5. Which team didn't bother shaking the hands of TCU players at the end of the game? Wisconsin

5. After the game...I was given the finger.....told I'm going to get my azz kicked....and basically disrespected by young Wisconsin fans who by this time could barely talk and were HORRIBLE losers.

6. Destruction of property. Numerous barricades..signs...etc. were tipped over, kicked, broken, stomped on.

NOTE: Older more mature Wisconsin fans were very pleasant to be around. Fairly classy and complimentary after the game.

UNFORTUNATELY........as the saying goes......."YOU ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS YOUR WEAKEST LINK."

I had a colleague cover the Sugar Bowl and we hadn't discussed our experiences. He texted me at the conclusion of the Sugar Bowl that the Ohio State fans are some of the most classless fans he has come across. My response to him..."Wait til I tell you about Wisconsin."

Upon entering the Big Ten next year don't get sucked into what they have going on...........STAY CLASSY NEBRASKA.

If that picture is you Zam, then, "Hubba, hubba." If its your girlfriendthen, "You are a better man than I Gunga Din."

T_O_B

:corndance:nanalama:corndance

Definitely makes beating them all the more sweeter.

Off topic: Is the TCU board free? And if so, where is it? :)

Yes it is free.

KillerFrogs

I lived in Wisconsin for 4 years and worked with many alums. I think what you're describing is very common for them and I've been wondering for awhile how our fans are going to respond to being treated like sh#t by some of the Big 10 schools. I think Wisconsin and Penn State are the worst from what I've heard. A guy I worked with over there was a Gopher fan and he was telling some stories about getting full cans of beer thrown at him from balconies as he walked down the street. I plan on going to Madison, but I won't be bringing my wife or kids.

ps. That chick is smokin' hot.