From Michigan free board.

ADS

No, but I know how many requests we had to get rid of that topic, both in the forums and in my PM box. I also know how many requests we get weekly to bring Rumorville back and clean up the football forum. I also know why Rumorville was created in the first place, and why it'll come back eventually .

Rich Rod to Stanford, Miles to Michigan, Bo to LSU, Meyer to Nebraska right?

hmmm...I'd have to think about that one for a while. Might take it. :)

Paul Johnson? Ahhh the memories of power option football. :worship I will admit it....he was my personal number 1 choice when we were searching for a HC 3 years ago.

Heh....me too.

It worked out for the best but oh......what I would give to get him here as our OC. D-R-O-O-L......

Rumorville was 90% full of trash though.

Ya think?!?!?!?? It's better to have this manure in Rumorville than in the Football forum.

THANK YOU!!!

Even though I'm 89.37% sure that was not the original intent in creating rumorville, that's what it evolved to..Kinda like some sort of Dialysis machine to help our Alcohol tortured kidneys filter out the yellow slushies.

The first 3 or 4 weeks..days?, it was a handy place to get info on the latest excitin' news about who's plane was pulling into the Lincoln Airport..even though anyone who's lived in Phoenix for the last decade or two knows LNK (Lincoln's airport) closed eons ago.

When I first joined HuskerBoard, I was a little embarrassed that this was the only BBS site I'd ever been on that felt the need to even have a sarcasm emoticon available..Like somebody thinks my home state was full of gullible simpletons or something. When most other bbs sites seem to think that keeping people guessing about your sincerity is half the fun.

I know..in cyberspace it's mucho more difficult to tell without hearing the voice fluctuations..Even in person, It's hard to tell if I'm pulling someone's hind leg..(I work with two ND, one Alabama, one Michigan, an AZ Mildcat, another Husker, a Baseball fan, and another mad scientist/lapdog that likes whatever team the boss likes. There's even rumor of an ASU fan running around somewhere.

Since I don't smoke, It's the highlight of my day not to blow too much stuff up and/or BS about our fav. teams..maybe even talk a little good natured smack.

I'm sorry that I lead some of you to believe I was certain Bo was leaving for Mich, when I was only thinking there was about a 12% chance of it..About the same chance I really, really think that the world will end next year.

Everyone I talk to around here about the 2012/End talks like it's a forgone conclusion that none of us will be around to see 2013, but I doubt many of us would bet more than a coke on it..

I thought I was doing a community service by prepairing my fellow Husker Brothers and Sisters for the slight possibility that we might lose Bo, so that if it really Did happen, there'd be fewer folks jumping off the 7th floor parking garage at tCentrum? (if I remember the name of one of my past photo taking sites correctly).

I really did ask my Alabama fan about any connections with saltwater aqariums so I could post it in here as a hint that I was maybe being a little sarcastic about (some) of my post without actually pulling out the "big guns"/Sarcasm smiley.

Sometimes (usually Mondays) I think I wouldn't mind the world ending if just to satisfy my curiosity about death and what's beyond..and there being safety in numbers.

Similarly, The Bo to Michigan rumors got me wondering about possible replacements that might even take us to a higher level than Bo would.

WE NEED Rumorville back!

FAST!

I'm trying.

Rumorville was 90% full of trash though. Carl and his mistresses, etc. IMO there's a difference between rumors and legitimate speculation (that actually pertains to football). Will Bo end up at Michigan? No. But could the Michigan vacancy impact his status at NU? Certainly. I don't see the harm in discussing it. It's no different than projecting the draft spots of our top prospects IMO - all speculation...but they are are going to the NFL and they will be picked somehwere. Bo is leaving NU eventually and he'll coach somewhere. When/where is up in the air, but Bo has been tied to a number of jobs this season considering he didn't even lead a top 25 team.

We didn't hear it last year after finishing strong at #14. Why are we hearing it so much this year after a pathetic finishing stretch to end up out of the top 25? (assumption) Going off memory here, but you don't see Bielema getting named for every big opening. Haven't really heard Dantonio mentioned much. No one is really after Chris Peterson, Beamer, Pinkle, Gundy, etc. All have produced top 25 teams recently. Why? Because Peterson is content at Boise, Bielema has a great thing going at Wisconsin, Pinkle is settled at Missouri, Beamer enjoys VT. Gundy is even firmly planted into the Oklahoma State program. But for some reason Pelini doesn't seem to be as firm, and therefore he is mentioned for most of the big-time jobs that are coming open, despite his "loose cannon" image and complete inability to deal w/ the press. Despite finishing out of the top 25 2 out of 3 years at Nebraska.

It's a small world out there when it comes to these athletic programs and coaching circles. If he was so "firmly" our head coach - we wouldn't be having these conversations. His stock hasn't improved so much over last year that he all of a sudden is a front runner for every top program without a coach - so what changed?

It has to make you wonder.

The Bolded Brown? part reminded me of a few of you that stated several pages back that there was no way Bo would ever come back to coach here.

I was told by my Ex (Buckeye37) that her Ex Father in Law from her 2nd Marriage who just retired from tOSU Admin office told her that Some UM boosters were pushing for a Defensive minded Head Coach and some of the UM muckety mucks (her words) were starting the ball rolling, but that Delany stopped it pronto!

OK..The only part of that last run-on sentence that's true is that my Ex's Ex inlaw did just retire from tOSU (and he and his chainsmoking co-worker/GF who played drums for country bands in the mid 60's? are "Wintering" out here), but Buckeye37 and I (and I'm guessing any of her other Exes didn't discuss Bo at all).

..In case you're wondering, she was my first Wife (and probably last?)..and gullible me was her 3rd Husband.

I really was told by a highly? reliable source/co-worker (Who another co-worker thinks is named "Jim") that he thinks he heard on the Jim Rose show that the main reason Bo would consider UM was $$$, and maybe to get back at Harvey a little..show him a little view of what could happen if he continues to get called on the carpet under a bus.

I do think it's natural for Bo to be getting more notice for other positions now than the previous year because he sorta proved last year's defense was no fluke or because we had some kid named Ndamukong on it..that he and Carl really can adjust during games and is taking care of the team on AND off the field..expect any other things like friction from his bosses, or fans, or even the media to escalate the rumors exponentially.

Bo may be funny looking, but Other coaches know who impresses them and they probably talk to Athletic Directors and/or boosters about who might be more likely to want to be a lifer at their school or more willing to test the waters..

I guess the part I don't get about people now coming and saying they are joking or they thought they would add their thoughts or insight into rumors is ... You do realize you are fueling the fire ... giving additional blood to the sharks ... and to me, these rumors are so consistent day in and day out that if I were a recruit considering the Huskers I'd certainly hold off and if I was an opposing staff I'm sure they will use these rumors to their benefit.

Now, I can't help our recruiting ...but as a fan I'm certainly not going to feed the rumors. If the shoe fits ... take this as a rebuke fellow Husker fan. As a former Pastor I've seen way too many issues with gossip and busy bodies ... Just take a chill pill on "giving your insight". My guess is ... you don't know jack ... just like me.

SheepdogMark

PS. Came to this post after reading thread after thread about Bo everywhere but where he is ... the Husker coach.

I guess the part I don't get about people now coming and saying they are joking or they thought they would add their thoughts or insight into rumors is ... You do realize you are fueling the fire ... giving additional blood to the sharks ... and to me, these rumors are so consistent day in and day out that if I were a recruit considering the Huskers I'd certainly hold off and if I was an opposing staff I'm sure they will use these rumors to their benefit.

Now, I can't help our recruiting ...but as a fan I'm certainly not going to feed the rumors. If the shoe fits ... take this as a rebuke fellow Husker fan. As a former Pastor I've seen way too many issues with gossip and busy bodies ... Just take a chill pill on "giving your insight". My guess is ... you don't know jack ... just like me.

SheepdogMark

PS. Came to this post after reading thread after thread about Bo everywhere but where he is ... the Husker coach.

You reminded me of a show my kids used to watch. I think KETV should produce a newer version for us Husker fans. Where in the world, is Mark Bo Pelini?dunno.gif

Isn't that funny? There are NO reports, rumor or innuendo about Bo staying here, but speculation abounds that he'll go elsewhere - anywhere, apparently, but here.

Mostly I chalk that up to boredom. Football season is mostly over. We're all staring down the barrel of nine months of nothing. Dark. Cold. Alone.

Andy my wife wonders why she finds me curled up in the corner of my office, wrapped around my football in a fetal position, mumbling, "Open Right 41 pitch. Pro Right 49 Pitch. 48 Counter Trap. 34 QB Keep. 41 Sprint Option. Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass! Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass!"

Isn't that funny? There are NO reports, rumor or innuendo about Bo staying here, but speculation abounds that he'll go elsewhere - anywhere, apparently, but here.

Mostly I chalk that up to boredom. Football season is mostly over. We're all staring down the barrel of nine months of nothing. Dark. Cold. Alone.

Andy my wife wonders why she finds me curled up in the corner of my office, wrapped around my football in a fetal position, mumbling, "Open Right 41 pitch. Pro Right 49 Pitch. 48 Counter Trap. 34 QB Keep. 41 Sprint Option. Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass! Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass!"

lol!

100% correct. Heroin addicts got it easy compared to us. That's what I hate about cfb! It barely starts and then it's over and it's the nine month rehab-suicide watch again.

SheepdogMark

Strange..This is also the first BBS I've been on that didn't have someone accuse the rest of the fanbase of beeing a "bunch of sheep"..(that I've seen, anyway).

You must be doing a great job of herding us in.

The effect on recruiting was also a passing concern for me, but having it in Rumorville along with the obvious manufactured stories about Saltwater Aquarium guys made all the rumors a little easier to lump/identify/ignore as bullsheit, and had more of a calming effect..at least for me, and from what Christian Westerman from nearby Chandler Hamilton H.S. that everyone's trying to get has been telling my Son, it appears he finds our coaching rumors hilarius..

(maybe).

My son does go to one of the "feeder schools to his Highschool, though.

EDIT:

I've had quite a few Shaggy Bevo posters suggest I get a gun and end my life, but never a former pastor..I might just have to look into this.

I've had quite a few Shaggy Bevo posters suggest I get a gun and end my life, but never a former pastor..I might just have to look into this.

Funny Husker 37! As I said, if the shoe fits! Glad to be the first to offer you to end your life.

It's just football ... Bo is just a coach. Error puts us in to bondage ... truth sets us free ... so might as well kill yourself or get a life if you are gonna follow gossip and let your emotions run your life.

Good luck with that people. :-)

SheepdogMark

Funny Husker 37! As I said, if the shoe fits! Glad to be the first to offer you to end your life.

It's just football ... Bo is just a coach. Error puts us in to bondage ... truth sets us free ... so might as well kill yourself or get a life if you are gonna follow gossip and let your emotions run your life.

Good luck with that people. :-)

SheepdogMark

That's just it..You weren't the first..But the Saggy Beaver posters were just trying to be mean. Whereas I have no idea why you would want some stranger to kill themselves.

And coincidently (not the reason, but) I was on a path of suicide at the time of Callahan. The third company in a row that I worked for went out of business and no one was hiring..My Wife had just taken my Son away from me and I was too depressed to fight back.

After Bo was hired, I decided to put suicide off for a year because I wasn't sure about NU Football coverage from beyond.

Again, Football was NOT my only reason for living, but it was one of the few thimgs in my life subconsciously swaying me to stick around.

• Fire 1

And for those operating under the assumption that Les Miles is a leading candidate for the Michigan job, that's not exactly true. Turns out Miles wasn't even contacted by Michigan in 2007, and didn't return his phone calls when he contacted them.

Maybe Michigan sees that as a mistake that they'll want to rectify this time. Maybe they just have no interest in Miles. But to consider him a "leading candidate" right now doesn't seem to be supported by the facts.

Sorry its off topic but IF Michigan got Miles , they would be getting a very good coach who can recruit. Bo goes or not, the Big 10 could be alot tougher with Miles at Michigan IMO.