Transition from college club sport to NCAA

I have a few points I would like to make.

I don't think a NU hockey program would kill UNO. I think they could both have successfull programs. The recruits would come to a successfull program. Lincoln and Omaha are different markets with little fan crossover besides football. I could see it as Creighton NU in both basketball and baseball.

This rink is not being built for a hockey program. It only holds 1500. Could a hockey program practice there and play games at Pershing? I don't know, possible.

Hockey is coming to the Big10. You don't have to be a genius to see the Big10 network driving this to happen. PennST will make 6, who else will join? A lot is going to happen in the next 4 years.

I don't think a NU hockey program would kill UNO. I think they could both have successfull programs. The recruits would come to a successfull program. Lincoln and Omaha are different markets with little fan crossover besides football. I could see it as Creighton NU in both basketball and baseball.

This rink is not being built for a hockey program. It only holds 1500. Could a hockey program practice there and play games at Pershing? I don't know, possible.

Hockey is coming to the Big10. You don't have to be a genius to see the Big10 network driving this to happen. PennST will make 6, who else will join? A lot is going to happen in the next 4 years.

This is not true, first it is being built for the club hockey team and the university. The arena as I understand can be built to hold more fans in need be. Second they don;t build 18 million dollar arenas to not hold a program. I have first hand knowledge because my old roommate in college was the captain of the club team when they brought it back in 04. He played all four years and was involved in securing the donation for the arena. If possible the University would have a team if they can get another womens sport, and this case it probably will be womens hockey. And the club team has beaten some of the scholarship teams. UNO and UNL each having a team would not be a bad thing. The Mavs would not lose recruits, because they have a great coach and fans, if anything it could pump up both programs. Being in the same university system has nothing to do with Lincoln not getting a team. And a 1500 fan arena in a small venue could be awesome and great fan experience. The university could charge a lot for ticket. Look I have first hand knowledge of this, it will be a sport soon after that rink gets built. And to who ever called me Bird, I'm gonna kick your anonymous ass, because obviously you must know me.

the bold above is probably the best point in this thread.