Postseason ranking

Teams that will probably be ranked higher than Nebraska to start 2011 season include the following:

Auburn, Oregon, Stanford, TCU, Wisconsin, LSU, Bama, Mississippi St, Ohio St, Florida St, Arkansas, Mich St.

It's kinda tough deciphering where teams will be ranked because there are so many top teams from this year whose starting QBs and RBs will have graduated or moved on by the time 2011 starts up.

Based on that, I'd say we'll be ranked 13-15, potentially higher since we have several key players returning.

Of course I don't think the 2011 pre-season ranking will matter too much because we could start outside the top 25 and still end up #1 IF we somehow found a way to go undefeated through that brutal sched.

I doubt Auburn, Stanford, Arkansas will be ranked higher than us simply because they lose valuable people. I could see Oregon being #1.

Agree about Auburn, but Stanford is going to be a top 10 team next year. Also, we can tack OU onto the list of teams that will be ranked higher than us. If I had a ballot, I am putting them at number 1 heading into next season.

Stanford won't be a top ten team cause they lost their coach. It's not like Stanford was a powerhouse before Harbaugh arrived. Luck may be back but that doesn't mean anything when you lost the whole reason your program is good again. OU is a good program because of Bob Stoops. You really think OU would be a top ten team if Stoops wasn't coach? The worst record Stoops has had since at OU was 7-5. He's the TO of Oklahoma.

Teams that will probably be ranked higher than Nebraska to start 2011 season include the following:

Auburn, Oregon, Stanford, TCU, Wisconsin, LSU, Bama, Mississippi St, Ohio St, Florida St, Arkansas, Mich St.

It's kinda tough deciphering where teams will be ranked because there are so many top teams from this year whose starting QBs and RBs will have graduated or moved on by the time 2011 starts up.

Based on that, I'd say we'll be ranked 13-15, potentially higher since we have several key players returning.

Of course I don't think the 2011 pre-season ranking will matter too much because we could start outside the top 25 and still end up #1 IF we somehow found a way to go undefeated through that brutal sched.

I doubt Auburn, Stanford, Arkansas will be ranked higher than us simply because they lose valuable people. I could see Oregon being #1.

Agree about Auburn, but Stanford is going to be a top 10 team next year. Also, we can tack OU onto the list of teams that will be ranked higher than us. If I had a ballot, I am putting them at number 1 heading into next season.

Stanford won't be a top ten team cause they lost their coach. It's not like Stanford was a powerhouse before Harbaugh arrived. Luck may be back but that doesn't mean anything when you lost the whole reason your program is good again. OU is a good program because of Bob Stoops. You really think OU would be a top ten team if Stoops wasn't coach? The worst record Stoops has had since at OU was 7-5. He's the TO of Oklahoma.

I don't think Stanford will maintain their top 10 status, I just think they head into the season in the top 10. As you pointed out, Harbaugh is gone and let's not forget that they lost 6 starters on offense, as well as 6 on defense. The media lovefest for Andrew Luck will make them a preseason top 10 team.

We'll be in the top 25. We finished 10-4 and lost the CCG by 3 points. We return a lot of guys on both sides of the ball. Our QB will be healthy (I'm not sold that will make a huge difference until our OC can gameplan better now that TM is no longer a surprise) and we will be in the news for our new home (that kind of publicity DOES play into rankings).