Postseason ranking

Blair K of the KC Starr had theirs over the weekend and had the huskers at no. 10

They are probably basing it off of us having a healthy Taylor Martinez back for next season. That's the only thing I can think of that might get us ranked that high by some people. That and our defense.

I don't think we deserve to be ranked that high. I wish I could say differently...

I think 10 - 15 would be a good indicator of our potential, top 10 or out of the top 20 would be making some assmuptions that I think do not apply. Bottom line I think the offense will improve and learn to battle out a tough team each week.

Its like Deja Vu. We were saying the same thing at this time last year.

Yep.

A kodak copy of last year. However, the gleam of hope is that we did have a better offense until Tmart got hurt. The Oline still sucked, the play calling just as horrible and our wrs couldn't catch the ball.....but until his injury nobody was laughing at us.

Probably, but you never know... Big 10 schedule might not help.

The Big 10 schedule plus our poor ending should place us maybe... 20-25. I'd guess that 20-25 is more likely than unranked... but unranked is not out of the question either.

Of course, that is based upon today (obviously) --- though we may have minor --- and perhaps major --- coaching changes between now and then. If so --- especially if major coaching changes take place -- our initial ranking will be heavily influenced by the perception of the quality of the new coaches. So... if Bo leaves (and he may... but may not) our ranking will be contingent on how the media views Bo's replacement (and replacement staff).

We lose our top rushing runningback and supposedly our best wide receiver on offense. On defense, we don't lose a lot up front but lets face it we weren't exactly a run stopping machine. The best part of our defense was stopping the pass. Unfortunately, we lose a lot there. We're going to finish this season unranked. I think we'll be ranked in the top 25, but it will be towards the bottom probably 21-25.

We lose our top rushing runningback and supposedly our best wide receiver on offense. On defense, we don't lose a lot up front but lets face it we weren't exactly a run stopping machine. The best part of our defense was stopping the pass. Unfortunately, we lose a lot there. We're going to finish this season unranked. I think we'll be ranked in the top 25, but it will be towards the bottom probably 21-25.

We finished 20th in the AP, 19th in the Coaches. I'd figure we'll be around 10-12 to start the season, depending on how good the buzz around Taylor is in Fall Camp.