This is going to take time to get used to

huKSer

At first I was actually pretty surprised to see OSU at the #1 spot simply based on the suspensions.

And now after another look, I'm still surprised because their 1st 5 games aren't pushovers by any means. Akron and Toledo will be easy, and Colorado probably will too (but you never know what you'll get against them). But Miami and Michigan State will pose a threat to any team, let alone one with such key players out of the picture.

Keep in mind none of the suspensions are on the starting defensive side of the ball. We can contain and control. Braxton Miller, should he get the nod, is going to electrify moreso than Pryor once he gets his feet wet. (think Tyrod Taylor except with a good O-line)

Let's hope that Martinez doesn't get hurt again otherwise look out we are in deep sh#t.

It doesnt matter who the QB is.... we are gonna struggle. Call me a Debbie Downer but I see atleast 3-4 losses right off the bat. Plus theirs is gonna be 1 or 2 games we absolutely lay an egg against a team we should beat, going with the trend the last 2 years. So Im guessing next year we head the Ticket City Bowl against Baylor. Atleast its on the bright side its a News Years Day bowl.... wait uhhhhh the BigTen has 5 bowl games on that day.

or maybe we get an invite to the sh#t-the-Bed Bowl.....can't wait. :facepalm:

How do you guy feel about the #3 ranking in the conference?

Do you feel you should be higher/lower/stay the same?

Or do you feel you need a full years crash course of actually playing in the conference to really get a full grasp?

The #3 ranking is sort of irrelevant, because the Big Ten is now split into divisions. It'd be great to finish undefeated, but short of that our goal will be to win our division - and that will give us the shot at being #1 in the conference. As far as our division, Michigan State is getting a lot of hype, but I've thought all season they were overrated and benefitted from an easier schedule. I think we can take Michigan, Penn State, and Iowa, as long as we take care of ourselves. Ohio State and Wisconsin will both be tough games, but we should be competitive in each game.

I think talent-wise Nebraska is 1 or 2 in the Big 10.

We can come up with some of the most creative self-destructive plays and mistakes, I don't see us with any more than 7 or 8 wins. I hope I'm wrong.

Bo MUST figure it out and get our players to play with some confidence and stop making stupid mistakes every other play. We need DISCIPLINE!!!!

Finally, how did we end up with that schedule?

At first I was actually pretty surprised to see OSU at the #1 spot simply based on the suspensions.

And now after another look, I'm still surprised because their 1st 5 games aren't pushovers by any means. Akron and Toledo will be easy, and Colorado probably will too (but you never know what you'll get against them). But Miami and Michigan State will pose a threat to any team, let alone one with such key players out of the picture.

Keep in mind none of the suspensions are on the starting defensive side of the ball. We can contain and control. Braxton Miller, should he get the nod, is going to electrify moreso than Pryor once he gets his feet wet. (think Tyrod Taylor except with a good O-line)

All I can say is you better hope Pryor's replacement in those games is up to the challenge (might take more than 5 games for Miller to "get his feet wet"). We Husker folks have seen firsthand (over and over and over again) what happens when your QB doesn't play up to par. Regardless of how good your defense might be (reminder - we've had one of the best defenses in the country over the last 2 years), your entire team can be negatively affected by poor QB performances.

I don't doubt Miller's skills (he looks incredible on tape IMO). But, I've seen plenty of QBs with his sort of hype who've fallen flat on their faces with the type of pressure and expectations he'll experience in those first 5 games. No doubt it will be interesting to see how tOSU offense can do in those contests.

If Miller or even Guiton take the field then I'm pretty confident that tOSU will be just fine, problem is that there's this guy named Joe Bauserman on the roster and if he gets the nod solely because of the amount of time and experience as a backup, then we are in BIG trouble. The guy doesn't have what it takes to make a play out of nothing as consistently as the rest of our QB roster and he makes the most boneheaded throws. If he plays extended amounts of minutes, you better believe that we don't go 5-0 with him under center.

Let's hope that Martinez doesn't get hurt again otherwise look out we are in deep sh#t.

Lets hope that we can develop a total team on offense that does not fold like a tent when a QB gets hurt. I understand that a hurt QB is not good but our offense turns into a huge cluster as soon as the going gets tough.

the biggest thing im waiting for? the wake up call that is divisions and a CCG for the rest of the big 10.

we know that game.

they dont. mock it all you want because its not exactly quantifiable, but i expect it to be a huge factor and an advantage for nebraska. Bo and Co will do what it takes to get to the CCG game, because that is what gets you to the big marbles. The rest of the Big Ten is gonna be worried about all their traditions and build ups and the Rose Bowl and blah blah blah.