Final Push

I think I read we're projected to take about 21 recruits this year. We're down to 16, plus Bronson from last year and possibly Heard (my speculation is this is doubtful, just a guess. We are recruiting other backs like him and he's not yet enrolled). This puts us at 17 (18 with Heard).

Will losing Tray give us another one for this class or will Bo give it to a walk-on that's on the team? Who would it be?

Thoughts on the final 3-5 recruits? What positions should we grab and who do you think is realistic?

Why are we looking at Abdallah and Creer then? Are they being recruited as a WR/DB?

Abdullah probably as a CB, Creer I dont have nay clue, sorry.

Technically both of these guys are being looked at for RB. If we got one or both, I wouldn't be surprised to see either get moved to defense. I think the coaches are thinking about Heard not actually making it, and with all the delays, seems likely at this point. Also, now that Tray has officially enrolled at Montana State, we are very thin at RB.

Both of these kids are under the radar and are getting plenty of late interest. Personally I would love to get Abdullha and/or Creer but I think we end of with 1 (Abdullha).

Why are we looking at Abdallah and Creer then? Are they being recruited as a WR/DB?

Abdullah probably as a CB, Creer I dont have nay clue, sorry.

Technically both of these guys are being looked at for RB. If we got one or both, I wouldn't be surprised to see either get moved to defense. I think the coaches are thinking about Heard actually making it, and with all the delays, seems likely at this point. Also, now that Tray has officially enrolled at Montana State, we are very thin at RB.

Both of these kids are under the radar and are getting plenty of late interest. Personally I would love to get Abdullha and/or Creer but I think we end of with 1 (Abdullha).

Forgot about Tary, and its even in the OP. :facepalm:

Going out on somewhat of a limb at the moment, but I am going to call it that Bo closes the deal with Todd Peat.

Virgile deals with the cold and picks NU over sanction-pending NC.

I think we are looking at another RB mainly because Tray will be gone. Even if Braylon doesn't make it in time for this semester he can still enroll over the summer. When you look at the RB depth right now it will be Rex, Green, Heard, Walk-on, Walk-on, Collins Okafor. With or without Heard we are still very inexperienced at RB.

Going out on somewhat of a limb at the moment, but I am going to call it that Bo closes the deal with Todd Peat.

I think we are looking at another RB mainly because Tray will be gone. Even if Braylon doesn't make it in time for this semester he can still enroll over the summer. When you look at the RB depth right now it will be Rex, Green, Heard, Walk-on, Walk-on, Collins Okafor. With or without Heard we are still very inexperienced at RB.

I can see all of the above happening as well. In-home with Peat will probably take place on Tuesday after his Oregon State visit this weekend. He still plans to go to Colorado the next weekend as well. I think we are in good position. Virgile says he will announce on signing day...great. And Abdullha sounds like he is leaning our way (may commit on/after his visit this weekend). Lastly, we are in the top 2 for Lake.

I can see all of the above happening as well. In-home with Peat will probably take place on Tuesday after his Oregon State visit this weekend. He still plans to go to Colorado the next weekend as well. I think we are in good position. Virgile says he will announce on signing day...great. And Abdullha sounds like he is leaning our way (may commit on/after his visit this weekend). Lastly, we are in the top 2 for Lake.

The Harbuagh departure must have swayed Lake, his top two where Oregon and Stanford. Sounds as though Bo, Carl, and Ron Brown are going to Peat's home, so I'm with EZ that might seal the deal. I hope that seal's the deal with his bro Andrus as well. He might end up being the number one overall OL in next years class.

We certainly need to make a push. Maybe it was because Owa watch was just starting - but it seems to me like things are REALLY slow compared to last year, especially considering we have anywhere from 5-7 spots left open. We'll sign a few guys late - but 5+?

guess that's how it goes when you lose 3 out of 4 to close out the season including laying a big egg in the bowl game

DT Peat is a must and a no brainer for him. We are his best and safest option. We no doubt need another DT in this class. Not sure where we go with the offensive recruits...loss of Heard not making it, loss of Tray transferring...we are unexpectedly back in need for another RB but WR is still lacking. Abdullah and Ernest may be a package deal to solve for this exact problem.