What specific plays do you want in the offense?

How about an effing screen when we are playing an overly aggressive defense? Gotta keep the defense honest.

Blackshirtsguru, I agree on the veer. I'd love to see ran out of the pistol with a damn pitch-back in motion.

Maudfather-the screen is damn good idea as well. Especially the middle screen that we used to run with Cory Ross. Although no one can run it quite like Porkchop.

How about an effing screen when we are playing an overly aggressive defense? Gotta keep the defense honest.

Blackshirtsguru, I agree on the veer. I'd love to see ran out of the pistol with a damn pitch-back in motion.

Maudfather-the screen is damn good idea as well. Especially the middle screen that we used to run with Cory Ross. Although no one can run it quite like Porkchop.

I was just about to say that, eventhough Callahan was a dip sh#t, he knew exactly when to run the "pork chop middle screen".

I was just about to say that, eventhough Callahan was a dip sh#t, he knew exactly when to run the "pork chop middle screen".

Agreed. One of the best screens I've seen was the 06 Texas game when Brandon Jackson took it the distance.

Edit: Actually, that was a shovel pass, but nonetheless I'm a fan of the play.

We should have already used a diamond formation with Rex, Roy, Martinez, and a fullback as a way to get Rex and Roy on the field together. With Roy gone, I think we should do it to get Rex and A. Green on the field at same time. Get the best players on the field...we do on defense, why not on offense?

I would also agree with more play action and trap plays also.

One of the more famous plays that John Elway ran was a play called Red Right Sprint Right Option, basically a QB bootleg to the right side of the field where John had the option of running it or throwing it, to me it was probably the most decisive play ever ran, almost guaranteed to score for the Broncos. The other night at our local sports bar while watching the BCS Championship game someone said, what play should Oregon run, I yelled Red Right Sprint Right Option, instead Oregon ran an off tackle play from the spread on 4th and goal which resulted in Auburn getting the ball back, silly nubs.....lol

One of the more famous plays that John Elway ran was a play called Red Right Sprint Right Option, basically a QB bootleg to the right side of the field where John had the option of running it or throwing it, to me it was probably the most decisive play ever ran, almost guaranteed to score for the Broncos. The other night at our local sports bar while watching the BCS Championship game someone said, what play should Oregon run, I yelled Red Right Sprint Right Option, instead Oregon ran an off tackle play from the spread on 4th and goal which resulted in Auburn getting the ball back, silly nubs.....lol

Sounds like a Watson type of call!

We should have already used a diamond formation with Rex, Roy, Martinez, and a fullback as a way to get Rex and Roy on the field together. With Roy gone, I think we should do it to get Rex and A. Green on the field at same time. Get the best players on the field...we do on defense, why not on offense?

I would also agree with more play action and trap plays also.

Diamond formation would be a good addition to the book. With Martinez, Rex, and now Aaron Green in lined up along side of Taylor, and Legate in behind Taylor; would be easier for him to flow one way or another as a lead blocker. Put Ben Cotton at TE and split Brandon Kinnie out wide.

If we go to a more north-south running game approach, look out for younger guys like Yusef Wade to make a name for himself complimenting Rex if Green redshirts. And Kenny Bell will be a stud, no doubt.

At this point, I just want a TOUCHDOWN PLAY !!!!!

" Touchdown, Touchdown, We Want a Touchdown"...

* I don't give a flyin' F*CK if it is a Qb sneak, dive, trap, option, pass, screen, pitch, hail mary, trick play, bubble, crossing routes, flood a zone, fumble rooskie (illegal), fake punt,etc.... Just get that friggin ball into the end zone. Holy Sh!t, how many years has it been that we couldn't find the endzone in sooooo many games this year.

Ok, my little rant and goof is over...

Seriously, I would love to see many versions of the screen pass come back into the mix. We really need it badly. My teams love to screen, and as a D-Coordinator, playing a team that likes to screen is a bit scary. You are a little afraid to completely pin your ears back and come...good way to give up HUGE plays.