What must NU do

I dont even think it matters what they do. Even if the D plays perfect...we still have a shot at losing this game.

This O just isnt moving anything. I am wanting to be positive and say that the bye week helps us get the ship righted...but I just think that isnt going to happen....we have problems with this complicated WCO.

If the O cant move it with what you have the coach should adapt to what he has....i watch other teams and they look better with less talent on the field. Because their coach is not in a power struggle with his EGO. Just simplify the O until you have the players that can run your WCO.

I dont even think it matters what they do. Even if the D plays perfect...we still have a shot at losing this game.

This O just isnt moving anything. I am wanting to be positive and say that the bye week helps us get the ship righted...but I just think that isnt going to happen....we have problems with this complicated WCO.

If the O cant move it with what you have the coach should adapt to what he has....i watch other teams and they look better with less talent on the field. Because their coach is not in a power struggle with his EGO. Just simplify the O until you have the players that can run your WCO.

Then what on offense must they do to be successful.

While I agree the penalites were killers, that really hasn't been much of a problem in the past.

I just think consistent line play above everything must be attained. I would take that this week over WR catching, Taylor throwing, etc.

Offense: Move the ball without penalizing yourself into 3rd down hell.

Catch balls thrown at your numbers.

BALL SECURITY.

Defense: Good push from the front 3 - 4.

Continued good rotation of the front four.

Linebackers don't over pursue.

Try to weather some mistakes and a slight size disadvantage at the corners.

Special teams:

Make makeable field goals. Every time.

Continued good kick coverage. Including hang time from kicks to get the coverage down there.

Koch has to continue kick the hell out of the ball.

I think we all know what the offense needs to do (which is a good thing)

Offensive Line

- Create holes for Ross to run through

- Pass Block, give Taylor time

- Quit jumping, and line up properly

Receivers

- Catch the Ball, especially the easy ones.. but they should come back to the ball if its short or behind them as well

- Run crisp routes

- Get open in man coverage

- Improve downfield blocking

Running Back/Full Back

- Bounce to the outside if the OL isn't giving you anything

- Hold on to the ball

- Can't think of much more, this has been the bright spot on offense

Quarter Back

- Be aware of the blitz

- Roll out of the pocket when you see the D coming

- Throw on target down field

- Don't force the ball into heavy coverage

- If you're going to get sacked, just take it like the Pitt game, don't need to turn the ball over

So there's quite a bit that can can/should be improved on offense. Now, I'm not saying that we have to improve in all of these areas to win. The big two are the penalties and the offensive line, a close third would be receivers catching the ball.

It's all well and good to say we need a playmaker but, how can you find one when your OL can't block well enough to let you run, and can't hold long enough for your QB pass?

If we make good improvement in OL, I'm confident that we'll see a playmaker emerge.

I belive that our coaching staff and players know exactly what areas they need to improve, and I belive that they are doing whatever they can to improve thoe areas, short of using a different system.

- Be aware of the blitz

This is key. The RB's have to be picking up the blitz. Did anyone see Ross take on a few LB's against Pitt? He blocked them pretty solid.

J.B Phillips, C Thomas and Seppo should take some blocking lessons from Cory Ross. If ISU blitzes the left side, murtha should be able to hold them off. If ISU blitzes right side, Zac is gonna get sacked numerous times.

What needs to be done to ensure a win is the following

1-Pray to god and hope he sends a lightning strike to take out Hicks

2-Slap some jelly on Ross's butt and pour a ant farm down his pants and tell him to take off

3-Drink lots of beer the night before and have college coeds..oh wait, that's colorado

4-Have Manikins of NU receivers ready on the sideline so that Zac can throw to them thinking they are real in case he's getting ready to get sacked.

5-Give J.B Phillips lots of angel dust so that he goes insane and start hitting anyone and anything infront of him.

6-Inject John Blake with rabbies, suit him up and put him on the DL and tell him to go wild

7-Call Pete Caroll, ask to borrow some of his offensive lineman, suit them up as Nebraska players and ship Caroll some of our Offensive lineman we don't need and convince him these were the guys he sent.

8-Grab a couple of our tall Volleyball girls, do a makeover on them with afro's and claim we have 3 Frantz hardy's

9-Replace the gatorade on the ISU sideline with some koolaid but tell them it's actually a new gatorade drink.

10-Tap into the ISU sideline communications and start whispering "frank Solich loves you" in McCarney's headset

If we accomplish those tasks, i gurantee a win.

- Be aware of the blitz

This is key. The RB's have to be picking up the blitz. Did anyone see Ross take on a few LB's against Pitt? He blocked them pretty solid.

J.B Phillips, C Thomas and Seppo should take some blocking lessons from Cory Ross. If ISU blitzes the left side, murtha should be able to hold them off. If ISU blitzes right side, Zac is gonna get sacked numerous times.

2-Slap some jelly on Ross's butt and pour a ant farm down his pants and tell him to take off

3-Drink lots of beer the night before and have college coeds..oh wait, that's colorado

4-Have Manikins of NU receivers ready on the sideline so that Zac can throw to them thinking they are real in case he's getting ready to get sacked.

5-Give J.B Phillips lots of angel dust so that he goes insane and start hitting anyone and anything infront of him.

6-Inject John Blake with rabbies, suit him up and put him on the DL and tell him to go wild

7-Call Pete Caroll, ask to borrow some of his offensive lineman, suit them up as Nebraska players and ship Caroll some of our Offensive lineman we don't need and convince him these were the guys he sent.

8-Grab a couple of our tall Volleyball girls, do a makeover on them with afro's and claim we have 3 Frantz hardy's

9-Replace the gatorade on the ISU sideline with some koolaid but tell them it's actually a new gatorade drink.

10-Tap into the ISU sideline communications and start whispering "frank Solich loves you" in McCarney's headset

:rollin

Beautiful!

I agree with most that has been said, but I'll add this:

75/25 run/pass.

NU can wear these guys out, can control TOP, make life easy for our tough 'D'. :thumbs

This isn't a good team to play when you're struggling throwing the ball.

i have heard tales of a place on the gridiron called an 'end zone'.

i would like very much for our scarlet and cream clad warrior on our offensive unit to find this elusive 'end zone' many, many times during a game and score... what is it call?

ah, yes... points. many, many points.

that would be excellent. really it would.

- Be aware of the blitz

Gotta agree, that was some funny shyte!!! :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin