Not as much build-up

I am still pumped to hear from Todd Peat, Ameer Abdulah, Lake, and some other guys. The OWa watch last year, even though I wasnt apart of that, was something we might not see again until a 5 star defensive player decides to keep Nebraska in the running until signing day. People around Nebraska that follow recruiting really get excited when a player the caliber of an Owa has Nebaska in his final list of schools, and we dont see those 5 star guys look at Nebraska too often.

Doesn't seem to be as much excitement this year without any Owa or CC late pushes. I know we're in on some guys here, but not the star-gazing types. Then again we already have a bunch of those guys verballed...

carter and peat are both big-time targets. carter looks like he could make an immediate impact next season and peat is both a high quality prospect and a foothold for a second high quality prospect in the form of his brother. we also just got an important commitment from abdullah, a kid that was recruited by some big time schools that provides us with an additional (and much needed) offensive weapon. we also have a chance with lake (at a position of need), a couple of decent LB's, a much needed kicker and a few others. seems to me that there's plenty to be excited about.

and if that isn't enough to get your dauber up, go back and look at the kids that are already on board, like, say, the two most exciting and explosive offensive talents in texas.

I think it's kind of exciting to get commits out of good athletes that we haven't heard about until this late in the process..

I'm curious to see who pops up at CB.. I hear we should be surprised, but have no clue on a name.

MR. BIG TIME...Josh Turner

Just a guess and wish

Doesn't seem to be as much excitement this year without any Owa or CC late pushes. I know we're in on some guys here, but not the star-gazing types. Then again we already have a bunch of those guys verballed...

carter and peat are both big-time targets. carter looks like he could make an immediate impact next season and peat is both a high quality prospect and a foothold for a second high quality prospect in the form of his brother. we also just got an important commitment from abdullah, a kid that was recruited by some big time schools that provides us with an additional (and much needed) offensive weapon. we also have a chance with lake (at a position of need), a couple of decent LB's, a much needed kicker and a few others. seems to me that there's plenty to be excited about.

and if that isn't enough to get your dauber up, go back and look at the kids that are already on board, like, say, the two most exciting and explosive offensive talents in texas.

As I said in my original post, I am very excited about the guys we've already got. it just seems that we're in on a few guys that could be difference makers at this point in the cycle, none more. Then again we're only looking to take 3-4 more, so fingers crossed for a couple big scores here at the end! GBR!

• Fire 1

As I said in my original post, I am very excited about the guys we've already got. it just seems that we're in on a few guys that could be difference makers at this point in the cycle, none more. Then again we're only looking to take 3-4 more, so fingers crossed for a couple big scores here at the end! GBR!

The end of this recruiting class is less exciting because the staff already has put together a great class. At this point 3-4 scholarships to give out with only one need at TE. Just simply not enough room to look at adding too many kids. There's no Owa among the last few NU is in on, but there are quality prospects.

I understand why some would say there isn't as much build up this year, but IMO, the next week and a half are going to be really fun. We've got 3-5 spots left in this class and have a number of different options in some real talent regardless of stars.

Names to watch until Feb. 2:

1. Lake Koa-Ka-ai (DE) - Prob redshirt but a great talent in a couple years.

2. Joseph Carter (JUCO DE) - will contribute right away.

3. Keeon Virgile (LB) - Prob redshirt but athletic and talented.

4. Arrington Jenkins (LB) - Prob redshirt but athletic with a nose for the football.

5. Todd Peat Jr. (DT) - I don't think we get him but he'd be a great steal if we did.

6. Matt Wile (K) - definite need IMO. Might be better than Sade.

7. Patrick Onwuasor (WR) - been quiet but was high on us. Prob don't have room for him.

8. Darien BRyant (TE) - The one-time commit prob won't come back but no new news.

9. Aaron Earnest (WR) - Would commit if we offer.

10. Akeem Gonzales (DE) - With where we stand with Lake and Carter, Akeem prob won't get an offer.

My guess? I say we end up getting Lake, Carter, Wirgile (or Jenkins), and Wile. That's a heck of a finish if you ask me. Lots of the credit needs to go to JP...he's doing a heck of a job.

Although gilmore is worthless as a recruiter I believe him when he said we want another db. I would be shocked if we didn't sign another. Possibly looking at frankie Williams out of Tampa but can't confirm that. I expect atleast one recruit to not make grades. I'd add wile for sure at k and lake and carter at de. If peat commits make room but perhaps take an athlete that can be wr or db and wiggle the scholly numbers if you have to. Gilmore is awful at recruiting and coaching up guys so any decent wr is gonna go elsewhere.