List your top 5 favorite NES games

thats it i bought a NES. couldnt take it anymore. randomly saw a last starfighter reference an hour or two ago, and took it as a sign.

got it from lukie games online, they had good reviews and an A- accredited BBB rating. 69.95 for the system, two paddles, super mario bros and duck hunt, with a gun. however, the gun apparently will not work on anything other than old school tube screens...which I do not have. hrm. i also snagged Super Mario Bros 3 for $14.

dont tell me i could have found it cheaper somewhere else. i frankly dont care.

now for games. anyone have good, trustworthy sources for games? (they have games there as well, but im lookin, ya know?)

thats it i bought a NES. couldnt take it anymore. randomly saw a last starfighter reference an hour or two ago, and took it as a sign.

got it from lukie games online, they had good reviews and an A- accredited BBB rating. 69.95 for the system, two paddles, super mario bros and duck hunt, with a gun. however, the gun apparently will not work on anything other than old school tube screens...which I do not have. hrm. i also snagged Super Mario Bros 3 for $14.

now for games. anyone have good, trustworthy sources for games? (they have games there as well, but im lookin, ya know?)

That made me laugh man. I love it when people come up that kind of "helpful" advice that comes after the fact.

That is basically the main reason I got the Wii...so I could download some NES and SNES games and stuff. That and it seems like they have more kid appropriate games, like Mario Party which my daughter loves and I get super pissed when I lose to her and she gloats. Her parents need to raise her better. Anyhow, they've got River City Ransom and Super Dodge Ball to download, two weird NES games my buddy and I used to play all night after his parents fell asleep. (Did they fall asleep...or did they pass out?)

Then I got Goldeneye for the Wii...whoa. It's as sick as Doc Holliday was when he shot Johnny Ringo last week. Was that last week? I've been a litte Sheened out lately.

N64 SUCKED....except for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I'm sure there were a couple of other decent games, too. (Gauntlet comes to mind...although that obviously wasn't strictly designed for the 64, the N64 version was still pretty awesome.)

Any Sega Genesis fans out there?

• Fire 1

That made me laugh man. I love it when people come up that kind of "helpful" advice that comes after the fact.

That is basically the main reason I got the Wii...so I could download some NES and SNES games and stuff. That and it seems like they have more kid appropriate games, like Mario Party which my daughter loves and I get super pissed when I lose to her and she gloats. Her parents need to raise her better. Anyhow, they've got River City Ransom and Super Dodge Ball to download, two weird NES games my buddy and I used to play all night after his parents fell asleep. (Did they fall asleep...or did they pass out?)

Then I got Goldeneye for the Wii...whoa. It's as sick as Doc Holliday was when he shot Johnny Ringo last week. Was that last week? I've been a litte Sheened out lately.

N64 SUCKED....except for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I'm sure there were a couple of other decent games, too. (Gauntlet comes to mind...although that obviously wasn't strictly designed for the 64, the N64 version was still pretty awesome.)

Any Sega Genesis fans out there?

Man...Super Dodge Ball was the t1ts! Goldeneye...R.A.D. Used to play Gauntlet for hours (loved the undead stage). Genesis was great, too. Favorite games were Sid Meir's Pirates! Gold, Castlevania Bloodlines, and Shadowrun.

Nebula, your post here is one of my favorites ever. How do you have tech nerd relatives?

Can I take partial credit for this purchase due to me starting this thread?

I got both a NES and Super NES at the Goodwill here in Omaha where you pay by the pound. I wont tell you how much it cost though. <_<

Check out any of the Gamers locations if you are in Omaha. They have a ton of games. Some of the more popular ones cost more but they are still pretty reasonable.

Top Five Games:

Super Mario Brothers

Super Mario Brothers 3

Mike Tyson Punch-Out

Tecmo Bowl

Rad Racer