Dispatches from Senior Bowl practice

knapplc

How did you think our guys did? I didn't get to watch much of it but I did see that great hit Nile (Paul) got towards the end of the game, saw Alex kick a field goal and punt once then saw another person kick for the North and missed it. I thought, 'Sheesh! He's got the most accurate kicker in NCAA history on his team and he puts in someone else?'

Pierre Allen didn't have his finest game. He had two personal fouls called on him. Not good.

What did the rest of you think?

Gomes didn't get an invite, I believe.

I don't know if I'll worry too much. The North got whacked today, few chances on the offense all around. The practices probably were more useful for scouts than the game. I don't know why we didn't see Hagg more (did we?) and such. I noticed the announcers yelling at Paul to catch a punt that he just let roll around (he did that a few times last year as well). Other than that, I didn't really see much of it.

How do you think our boys did? I only got to watch the last few minutes of the game but loved that hit Nile Paul got! I also got to see Alex Henry kick a field goal then punt. I also saw another kicker from the North team kick a field goal and he missed it! I thought: "Sheesh! You have the most accurate field goal kicker in NCAA history on your team and you don't use him???' What's up with that!

Anyway, wondered how you all thought our kids did overall.

It's a complement when the scouts and coaches think you're so good at kicking FG's, they have you punt.

For the rest of what I saw:

Pierre Allen- Awful, I saw him get dominated several times and had a flag pulled on him.

Mike McNeil- Great. I saw him hold his own against a couple DE's in protection, and ran very solid routes. It would not surprise me in the least to see him get drafted.

Eric Hagg- Good. Saw him on just about every special teams play in the second half, and he made some tackles early on.

Roy Helu- Whether it was poor blocking or him, he didn't look good in his time at RB. He also suffered from being in while Colin Kapernick was QB'ing so he only had two plays called for him.

Niles Paul- Nice kick return and one catch. Not a bad day.

Alex Henery- Saw him put a punt perfectly on the 1-yard line. He was solid, and like I said, everyone knew he was a stellar kicker, yesterday was about proving other aspects of his game.

It's a complement when the scouts and coaches think you're so good at kicking FG's, they have you punt.

For the rest of what I saw:

Pierre Allen- Awful, I saw him get dominated several times and had a flag pulled on him.

Mike McNeil- Great. I saw him hold his own against a couple DE's in protection, and ran very solid routes. It would not surprise me in the least to see him get drafted.

Eric Hagg- Good. Saw him on just about every special teams play in the second half, and he made some tackles early on.

Roy Helu- Whether it was poor blocking or him, he didn't look good in his time at RB. He also suffered from being in while Colin Kapernick was QB'ing so he only had two plays called for him.

Niles Paul- Nice kick return and one catch. Not a bad day.

Alex Henery- Saw him put a punt perfectly on the 1-yard line. He was solid, and like I said, everyone knew he was a stellar kicker, yesterday was about proving other aspects of his game.

Allen got dominated

McNeill so so- dropped a catchable ball, sure that impressed

Hagg-OK

Helu-did not get many touches, maybe his practice was not that good.

Paul-very slow on breaks and cuts, high school defender could cover him

Henry-made the most of opportunitys